What's new

Show us your daggers

Legion

Staff member
In another nearby thread it was sugested that we might need a dedicated thread to show off your daggers and double edged knives that you own and like.

While I am not technically allowed to own a dagger where I live, I have to make do with this J Nowill & sons Fairbairn-Sykes letter opener, which is actually the perfect blade for opening the mail, especially behind enemy lines.

D4604677-A6B2-4C0D-8A12-13EEEE0BE87A.jpeg

Ad Astra

The Instigator
In another nearby thread it was sugested that we might need a dedicated thread to show off your daggers and double edged knives that you own and like.

While I am not technically allowed to own a dagger where I live, I have to make do with this J Nowill & sons Fairbairn-Sykes letter opener, which is actually the perfect blade for opening the mail, especially behind enemy lines.

View attachment 1169238

That is a classic, literally part of national heritage!

Thanks for the look.

AA

That’s pretty cool. What conflict was that used in?

The blade is German, and the scabbard looks to be from a WW1 bayonet. I like it a lot.

He served during the mexican revolution during his last years of service. The blade is german, made in Solingen and the scabbard might be a fit from latter years.

During those days the government equiped the military with a lot of german gear.

Cheers

Legion

Staff member
He served during the mexican revolution during his last years of service. The blade is german, made in Solingen and the scabbard might be a fit from latter years.

During those days the government equiped the military with a lot of german gear.

Cheers
That’s perfect. The German blade combined with a repurposed WW1 scabbard is very contemporary to the Mexican revolution. A cool family heirloom.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I want to play, but my first photos were dark. Got to wait for better light.

Have decent KaBar/John Ek remake here:

full

Shots of an Ek custom, Boker Baselard and yes, the famous Klenk Murder Knife coming later.

AA

Space_Cadet

I don't have a funny description.
I've also forgot to mention that I've had a Cold Steel 4' Ti-Lite. It's not exactly a dagger, but pretty close.
The knife was nice, but I felt there was lack of attention to details. One thing that particularly bothered me was the handle material. After some time I've sold it.

Cold Steel 4' Ti-Lite Tactical Folding Knife-2.JPG

Cold Steel 4' Ti-Lite Tactical Folding Knife.JPG

Legion

Staff member
Zy-Ex. Is that like that glass reenforced polymer? I’ve had some “Self Defence” weapons cross my path with such stuff. The selling point is they don’t ping metal detectors.

Space_Cadet

I don't have a funny description.
Zy-Ex. Is that like that glass reenforced polymer?

I'm not sure, but if felt like a pretty cheap plastic to me, but maybe it was much more durable or something. But I know it was somewhat slippery and I couldn't get the hold I wanted.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I have a couple but the one that see's the most use, daily use, is my Gerber Guardian. I also have a very nice German made single edge boot knife that I carried a lot years ago. Top center between the Puma White Hunter and the Gerber Guardian. To the right of the Gerber is a semi custom Harald Moeller Viper III throwing knife.

Knives.JPG

A while ago my nephew sent me this link to drool over.

PUMA knife of the year 2019, limited to 50 pieces - https://pumaknives.ca/collections/fixed-blades-german-made-1/products/puma-knife-of-the-year-2019-limited-to-50-pieces

I was going to start collecting push daggers years ago until I found out Canada Customs doesnt let them into the country.

I've also forgot to mention that I've had a Cold Steel 4' Ti-Lite.

I have that knife beside me here on my desk. It also see's a lot of use. I really like the pocket dragger feature it has but its hard on pockets.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
AAE387E6-FF90-4ABC-A1B2-C1492300D1C8.jpeg
53D6E21E-D3AB-4854-977D-ABD7A7C6727B.jpeg

Top pic, classic Gerbers

Bottom pic, James Keating designed "Argentine" custom by Black Cloud knives. Not sure it if qualifies as a dagger, but it is double edged and razor sharp. The knife is definitely a fighter, designed for both snap cuts and thrusting. Wicked fast. It's kydex sheath is made for IWB carry. Very slim profile and easy to conceal.

Last edited:
Top Bottom