What's new

Show us Your .32 cal. Revolvers

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Just placed an order for 100 rounds of .32 S&W Longs and 100 rounds of Federal .327 Fed. Mag. Also ordered another 100 rounds of Starline .327 FM brass.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Well drat, can't use PayPal for firearms or ammo purchases through Academy Sports, will have to save up a few pennies to get my SP101.

That's invasive and dirty of them.

It's amazing how little they know about the things they want to limit. It's not as though the online purchase still doesn't have to go through a dealer locally.

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Yeah, it doesn't make a whole lotta sense. The firearm goes to the store, not the purchaser's home. All the same legal rigamarole and paperwork. Just a special order item not stocked in the store.

I OWN A S&W MODEL 30 WITH A 3 INCH BARREL ON THE IMPROVED "I" FRAME WITH A BLUED FINISH. IT WAS MADE IN 1960 AND WAS A PROTOTYPE FOR THE .38 CHIEF SPECIALS AND LADYSMITHS. IT IS IN THE .32 S&W LONG CALIBER WHICH IS TOUGH TO FIND. I WAS WONDERING IF I CAN SHOOT THE .327 FEDERAL ROUND SINCE I STILL HAVE SPACE IN THE CYLINDER WITH THE .32 S&W LONG AMMO.
DSC_2249.JPG
DSC_2250.JPG

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I OWN A S&W MODEL 30 WITH A 3 INCH BARREL ON THE IMPROVED "I" FRAME WITH A BLUED FINISH. IT WAS MADE IN 1960 AND WAS A PROTOTYPE FOR THE .38 CHIEF SPECIALS AND LADYSMITHS. IT IS IN THE .32 S&W LONG CALIBER WHICH IS TOUGH TO FIND. I WAS WONDERING IF I CAN SHOOT THE .327 FEDERAL ROUND SINCE I STILL HAVE SPACE IN THE CYLINDER WITH THE .32 S&W LONG AMMO.View attachment 991490 View attachment 991491

NO! The .327 mag is a very high pressure round. Even if it would fit, it would not be safe.

32 H&R Magnum is SAAMI spec @ 21,000psi, that might be reasonable if it fits. Totally agree that 327 Federal would be unsafe @ 45,000psi - well over double the H&R and 3x the 15,000 psi of the 32 S&W Long.

Personally rather than beating it to death I would enjoy it for the fine piece of craftsmanship that it is.

Last edited:

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Also the Chiefs Special was introduced in 1950 IIRC. The cylinder release on yours fits with the earlier models so take a look in the crane and see if a model is shown. IIRC S&W only starts stamping model numbers in the crane area in 1957.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Appreciated seeing some of these 32 beauties.

Single Seven has a lot going for it!

LGS is looking ...

AA

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Looks like several pictures I posted have gone WalkAbout so here the missing are included.

Hopkins & Allen 'Safety Police' 32S&W:

Hopkins-&-Allen--800.png

H&R 732 32S&W Long:

732-01a.jpg

2" S&W 'I' frame 32 S&W Long over 2½" Colt Pocket Positive 32 Police CTG:

with-i-jframe.jpg

3½" Colt Pocket Positive 32 Police CTG:

left.jpg

S&W 32S&W Regulation Police:

Left.jpg

And then there are the 32acp/7.65mm pistols.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
🧐 I really need to start dropping in to local pawn shops. Many won't touch a 32, for it's cost/mild stopping power. But once you reload... Set another place at the table, it's all the same cost for a primer and a tiny pinch of Red Dot.

Kicking myself daily for declining a $50 S&W in 32 S&WL...

AA

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
38S&W is another disrespected caliber that like 32S&W Long is soft shooting, easy to return to POA but a heavier bullet.

My S&W DA Model 4 over my Colt Police Positive:

smith-colt-800.jpg

My H&R Top Break before model name or number: (after 1940 it became the Defender and then post WWII the Model 25)

H&R-03-small.jpg

My Singapore Police Force Webley MK IV:

Webley-Mark-IV-04.jpg

Top Bottom