What's new

Shooting the Breeze- general chit chat

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Stumbled upon a video from a couple years ago as I was prepping the shovel head to sell. I love the sound when it kicks down to idle.

Nothing better than a shovel head at idle. They even feel awesome sitting on them at an idle.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
And his revolver was a .357mag., cutting edge back in the day!

I no longer qualify as a source, but before I lost my mind, I would have said he carried a .357 and a .45 Colt, both Ivory stocked.

One had notches from a gunfight he had riding with Pershing down south after banditos ...

AA

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Nothing better than a shovel head at idle. They even feel awesome sitting on them at an idle.
Of course you hands go numb after an hour, and the mirrors are pretty useless. :) I hated selling her, but I really needed the money, and more and more people started using their phones while driving (as if riding isn’t dangerous enough). I have a couple amusing stories involving this motorcycle, Kerry von Erich, and a vice- presidential motorcade.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Of course you hands go numb after an hour, and the mirrors are pretty useless. :) I hated selling her, but I really needed the money, and more and more people started using their phones while driving (as if riding isn’t dangerous enough). I have a couple amusing stories involving this motorcycle, Kerry von Erich, and a vice- presidential motorcade.

I no longer ride, it is just too dangerous Owen.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
First story happened to my buddy, the previous owner of the bike, around the late 80s. He walked out of the bar and saw someone sitting on his bike, hunched over the handlebars. My friend is a pretty big, and tough, guy. He walked up and gave a shove on the shoulders that would send most men flying. Not this time- the guy was a rock. The guy woke up, stood up, dismounted, and started advancing. My buddy is not one to get nervous, but he knew this was going to be a problem. He recognized him right off. A cop had just pulled in a second ago. He comes up to the two and says “Kerry, you’re stoned. Get your butt (another word, actually) home now”. So, he came about a hair’s breadth from having to fight Kerry von Erich.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
First story happened to my buddy, the previous owner of the bike, around the late 80s. He walked out of the bar and saw someone sitting on his bike, hunched over the handlebars. My friend is a pretty big, and tough, guy. He walked up and gave a shove on the shoulders that would send most men flying. Not this time- the guy was a rock. The guy woke up, stood up, dismounted, and started advancing. My buddy is not one to get nervous, but he knew this was going to be a problem. He recognized him right off. A cop had just pulled in a second ago. He comes up to the two and says “Kerry, you’re stoned. Get your butt (another word, actually) home now”. So, he came about a hair’s breadth from having to fight Kerry von Erich.
Once again, Google comes through. Now know who Kerry von Erich was.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Got to use my EDC today. No, not a gun, my Case pocket knife. Had to cut away some 200 PSI hose from the water side of a hydraulic heat exchanger. I couldn’t pull the dang hose off of the fitting. It went right through that hose. As a Senior Lead Tech, it isn’t often I play in the pump room. I’ve usually got other guys to do that for me.
768319DA-DCB6-431C-AD5E-DDC2FC0A6A20.jpeg

Got to use my EDC today. No, not a gun, my Case pocket knife. Had to cut away some 200 PSI hose from the water side of a hydraulic heat exchanger. I couldn’t pull the dang hose off of the fitting. It went right through that hose. As a Senior Lead Tech, it isn’t often I play in the pump room. I’ve usually got other guys to do that for me.
View attachment 1112471I
I’ve never been a Case fan, but that sir, that’s a nice knife.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I’ve never been a Case fan, but that sir, that’s a nice knife.
Thanks. I picked it up at a Case outlet store when I was in Branson. It is a limited edition of 150 made for that store. I really like the engraved bolsters, and one handed operation is a cinch

Ad Astra

The Instigator
As a knife guy, I approve of this new Hellfire Missile ...

full

It is a variation of the Hellfire anti-tank missile, referred to as the R9X, and internally called the "Flying Ginsu" or the "ninja bomb," and it just might drastically shape the way war is waged given its exactitude and subsequent ability to vastly reduce the risk of collateral damage and civilian casualties.

"The reference to knives is no accident, as it features multiple steel blades that emerge from the missile moments before impact," Behnam Ben Taleblu, a senior fellow at the Foundation for Defense of Democracies (FDD) told Fox News.

AA

Top Bottom