What's new

Hump Day herf 08/21/13

Sorry I missed this. I am swamped these days so haven't been around the B&B much lately. Looks like I might be able to get my head above water in the next week or so. I hope these continue and I get a chance to blow some smoke with you guys.

EDIT: Any cigar smokers in this herf? If not, maybe I can use these to get reintroduced to the pipe. It's been a few years and I could use a bit of experienced guidance.

Last edited:
EDIT: Any cigar smokers in this herf? If not, maybe I can use these to get reintroduced to the pipe. It's been a few years and I could use a bit of experienced guidance.

Depends on if im at home or at the office. If im at home, I'll probably light up a cigar, office ill be smoking the pipe.

I vote a weekly thread too.

I've found that I like either reading a book on my Kindle or playing games (mainly backgammon) on my phone while I smoke. So, adjusting to making the occasional post in a thread here shouldn't be too difficult.

I really need to get a nice full bent so I can hands free easier. Hmm, I was going to ask for a Peterson for Christmas. Maybe I need one sooner. Of course I don't. But, man, those Christmas or St. Patrick's Day pipes sure are nice for a decent price. Oh but I'll be drawn and quartered if I spend $80 on a pipe with the wedding costs mounting up.

I really need one of those secret bank accounts.

I really need to get a nice full bent so I can hands free easier. Hmm, I was going to ask for a Peterson for Christmas. Maybe I need one sooner. Of course I don't. But, man, those Christmas or St. Patrick's Day pipes sure are nice for a decent price. Oh but I'll be drawn and quartered if I spend $80 on a pipe with the wedding costs mounting up.

I really need one of those secret bank accounts.

If only you'd been at this hobby longer, you could have pulled off the ol' "Oh that old pipe? I've had that forever! You must have just never noticed...." trick

Haha, yeah I know. Several months ago when I first started, and all I had was Dr. Grabow, I attempted to slip a MM Country Gentleman under the radar. It was a ten dollar purchase, but she still had a talk with me. The only thing I've slipped under since was a pouch of Prince Albert. My wings are clipped hard in this hobby.

Haha, yeah I know. Several months ago when I first started, and all I had was Dr. Grabow, I attempted to slip a MM Country Gentleman under the radar. It was a ten dollar purchase, but she still had a talk with me. The only thing I've slipped under since was a pouch of Prince Albert. My wings are clipped hard in this hobby.

The things we do for love....*sigh*....

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!

IMO, the wedding is for the wife- so all that money is being spent to make her happy. The least you should get out of it is a pipe

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
proxy.php
Hump Dayyyy! Yeahhhh!

Last edited:
It's all rainy and windy today, so I may have to opt for a cigar tonight rather than a pipe. The great thing about a screened in porch is that it keeps the bugs out. The bad thing about a screened in porch is that it doesn't keep the wind out.

Decided to flatten out my hump day with an Acid Nasty and a couple of Yuenglings around 1:00 or so.

Somehow 47 hours of vacation I didn't know I had magically appeared when I opened up my final pay stub that came in the mail today. My week got significantly better now.

(By the way, only a week of employment hiatus. I had to make a sudden departure after I got the good word from my new job. Shenanigans at old job got too hostile for my liking, so I packed up my ball and went home)

Last edited:
Sitting this one out, bad allergy day. Throwing in the towel early tonight, hopefully some of youse have fun here tonight.

I wasn't sure if we should be starting a new thread or just posting to this one. To me its easier to subscribe to one thread than to search for another thread every week.

I decided to get an early start before the kids came home from school. I'm smoking a Romeo y Julieta Churchill and drinking a Yuengling lager. The cigar was a tubo and had just a little bit of plume starting.

Sitting on the deck in the shade enjoying the weather and relaxing. I was trying to get a nice long ash going for the ash picture thread, but alas my noobness got the best of me and about one and a half inches of ash fell on my lap.

I"m hoping to jump in tonight after work and dinner and such.. depends on what the other half has planned for the evening.

Sitting on the deck in the shade enjoying the weather and relaxing. I was trying to get a nice long ash going for the ash picture thread, but alas my noobness got the best of me and about one and a half inches of ash fell on my lap.

Happened to me last week, had a nice ash going and went to grab my phone off the table to snap a pic and BAM!, ash all over shirt!

I"m hoping to jump in tonight after work and dinner and such.. depends on what the other half has planned for the evening.

See you here if you aren't raiding Smaug's lair or whatever it is you do....

Top Bottom