What's new

Shooting the Breeze- general chit chat

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Now that the stay at home order has been dropped, I still can't go to the range.

Public ranges? PUBLIC RANGES? We don't need no stinkin' public ranges.

If you want to slide by here I have target frames and targets.

1589848461814.png

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Right? Might be time to find a different range
Well this is the range at which I spent a lot of time becoming a Range Safety Officer and can shoot there for free, so while I might find another place to shoot at temporarily, I'm anxious for it to open back up again for many reasons.

Thanks for the invite @simon1 ! I'll have to make do with my suppressed .22s on my property for now.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Well, the S&W 642 is on hold for a bit. I have been wanting to replace the vinyl siding on my gable ends with Hardie Plank for a while. With business being slow right now, they made me an offer that was hard to say no too. Work starts in 4-6 weeks (I got the boards that have the baked on paint finish), but with the 50% down I paid I locked in the price. I’m pretty excited about it. Due to wife’s health, medical bills, etc, some things have been neglected for a while. It is going to be nice to start being proud of my humble abode again.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I really don’t know. It’ll fire, cycle out the shell, and then load in the new round but I’ll need to rack it a bit to push the round into battery.

its frustrating.

Magazine problem? Lubrication problem?

Try a deep cleaning of the chamber.

If these don't work, I'd start looking at gas regulation or buffer spring/tube. Could be a small crease in the aluminum gas tube or there might be some type of metal burring inside the buffer spring tube which could be catching the spring after recoil, when the spring is trying to return the bolt to battery.

these would be a couple of simple QC issues to look for.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
I saw that and thought “Fire in the hole.”
Re Fire in the hole:

Long long ago in a land far far away, back when the Scott Air Packs were just getting introduced, I was helping teach a smoke house drill where you entered the smoke house, crawl up until you are right at the fire, point the nozzle straight up and open it for a quick burst. The result is steam that cuts off all the air to the fire and it instantly goes out.

It was the third or fourth set I had led that day and as always, the key point was to keep the folk from opening up the line before you got to the point where you could create the steam and shut stuff down. It was a constant steam of "Now?"; "Not Yet!" until a hand swiped my face mask wiping off all the grime to show the half barrel source about 6" away.

"Now!"

Range is still closed...I'm told because the USFS is at some issue with cleaning the outdoor restroom (all steel chemical toilet). Have a Kahr which I have not shot round one through yet.🤨

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I found an awesome cover of C'mon Eileen by Sarah Bareilles and Sugarland.

Worth a click, but now I want Metallica to cover "99 Luftballons" by Nena.

In German, of course. The video will feature a massive WWI zeppelin attack on England. Dark; very dark.

AA

Top Bottom