What's new

Help with organizing my thoughts.

Bahahahaha "eyes bleeding..." lol. I'm sorry.

On "methylphenidate"...unfortunatly it's not an attention issue, it's a data processing format issue. No attention problems whatsoever, just lots of simultaneous inputs. I don't confuse myself. It only gets confusing when I try to take it from my thought groups into linear conversation!

It's hard for me to find places to "dump" my thoughts in a format like ^that^ without getting ripped on. So, again, I very much appreciate the open-mindedness being demonstrated.

Thanks all!

$100-percent.jpg

So, my Shapton 16k arrived today.

full

Here's my conundrum for today:

My razor is shaving well right now. I even managed to have my first shave with no blood. I did still technically break the skin, but it was such a shallow nick that it didn't bleed.

So... Do I touch it up? Or do I exercise self restraint and wait until my razor needs to be tuned up?

I suppose I can goto my Frakenrazor. But it doesn't technically need it either.

Restraint? No restraint... Rehone early and throw it all to the wind?

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's my conundrum for today:

My razor is shaving well right now. I even managed to have my first shave with no blood. I did still technically break the skin, but it was such a shallow nick that it didn't bleed.

So... Do I touch it up? Or do I exercise self restraint and wait until my razor needs to be tuned up?

I suppose I can goto my Frakenrazor. But it doesn't technically need it either.

Restraint? No restraint... Rehone early and throw it all to the wind?

Best advice on that is if you have more than one straight, and you are still learning honing, only practice honing on one of them, so you still have the definite other that is shave ready to use while you perfect your edge maintenance skills. Then you can do whatever you want to the other for learning.

I thought I was losing it last night.

I ended up pulling out my Frakenrazor and took it to the stones.

Since I only honed it for the first time a week ago after I got the scales on it, I started at 8k.

Did 8k, 12k then onto the new 16k.

It was super rough for was I expected. I tried anyways, but it was like going backwards from the 12k.

So I sucked it up and hit Lee Valley before picking the wife up from work and grabbed the Atoma 400 plate.

Flattened the Shapton with the Atoma and took Frankie back to it today.

Wow. What a difference. I thought I was losing my mind.

Teach me to be impatient and not flatten a new stone first.

I'll give this edge a try tomorrow morning.

The light 5/8s feels weird still though. Tomorrow will be shave 14 and I've only used Frankie twice so far. The rest of the time I've used the Dovo 6/8s.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Reader's Digest version:

So.

Natasha and Pierre got married. Napoleon lost.

Welcome to B&B ... hopefully you enjoy the fellowship and good-humoured ribbing about the length of your first post.

:lol:

I think you'll fit right in.

I've seen posts that long by people who didn't know where the return key was. You're already several steps ahead :)

Ha. Ribbing? Bring it on. Shoot, even constructive criticism is cool.

Civility and respect are primers of behaviour I value. Everyone doesn't have to agree or get along, but that being said, it's still quite possible to interact with anyone in a constructive manner.

I get the difference between a friendly joke and an intentionally hurtful attack.

Part of the problem with today's society is that people are too willing and ready to take offence to anything and everything.

I can 'usually' tell the difference, will play along, but won't be bullied.

I will always do my best to endorse logic first, think before I respond and treat others how I'd like to be treated.

That being accomplished, I'll have a good time. B&B membership willing to put up with me that is...

I suppose I'll start splitting up my threads eventual... When I figure out where to go put 'em or get told where to go... But for now, I'll just keep this going.

I was supposed to use my rehoned razor today, but I ended up running around putting together project supplies and pushing ahead with my new hobby.

I found a speciality hardwood store locally and took a trip.

I ended up with:
full

This is my first shot at ripping blanks:
full

I also took a stroll through an antique store. Check out my pics for those.
I did not buy the two DE razors, but (and I know I'm not at 50 posts or 45 days) I'd be happy to acquire and ship either to interested folks. (If that doesn't get me in trouble).

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom