What's new

Shooting the Breeze- general chit chat

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
So what are the blades supposed to do? I would think if you were close enough to be hit by a blade you'd be toast anyways?

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Alternating between total apathy and “I’m about to throat punch somebody”. Anyone else ever have days like that?

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Alternating between total apathy and “I’m about to throat punch somebody”. Anyone else ever have days like that?
Lol, they are rare now that I have taken a break from Facebook, and am retired....but I do have my moments!

FarmerTan

One of life's great disappointments was seeing Brooks and his Orioles clobber Drysdale and Koufax's Dodgers in the 66 World Series.

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk
Didn't Drysdale used to yell at the batter if he was going to kick the batter's box and dig in to "dig it deep enough to bury yourself, cuz I'm aiming at your head!"

Lol, baseball is boring today if you are a Detroit Tigers fan!

FarmerTan

Well, the S&W 642 is on hold for a bit. I have been wanting to replace the vinyl siding on my gable ends with Hardie Plank for a while. With business being slow right now, they made me an offer that was hard to say no too. Work starts in 4-6 weeks (I got the boards that have the baked on paint finish), but with the 50% down I paid I locked in the price. I’m pretty excited about it. Due to wife’s health, medical bills, etc, some things have been neglected for a while. It is going to be nice to start being proud of my humble abode again.
Best regards my friend. Glad I found this thread! My abode is humble because of MY health, and I hate it.

But this too shall pass.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
First story happened to my buddy, the previous owner of the bike, around the late 80s. He walked out of the bar and saw someone sitting on his bike, hunched over the handlebars. My friend is a pretty big, and tough, guy. He walked up and gave a shove on the shoulders that would send most men flying. Not this time- the guy was a rock. The guy woke up, stood up, dismounted, and started advancing. My buddy is not one to get nervous, but he knew this was going to be a problem. He recognized him right off. A cop had just pulled in a second ago. He comes up to the two and says “Kerry, you’re stoned. Get your butt (another word, actually) home now”. So, he came about a hair’s breadth from having to fight Kerry von Erich.

The Texas Tornado!

FarmerTan

Dave, I agree: possums are hysterically funny, in many ways.

It's like an animal that takes itself seriously and no one else does ...

AA
I'm going to share the bottom one to Fakebook someday, lol!

I only ate possum once and coon once.

Honestly couldn't tell a lot of difference; they both had so much BBQ sauce!

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I'm going to share the bottom one to Fakebook someday, lol!

I only ate possum once and coon once.

Honestly couldn't tell a lot of difference; they both had so much BBQ sauce!

I couldn't find the video of that song that I really wanted ...

It was a girl from West Virginia that introduced me to that tune, I'll never forget. She knew a little bit about it! (No insensitive jokes about missing teeth or shoes, please. She had everything, and more.)

Profound lyrics. "If I could only run him over, everything would be all right."

True today. "Hoover Hog" is what they called them during the depression.

AA

FarmerTan

It was a girl from West Virginia that introduced me to that tune, I'll never forget. She knew a little bit about it! (No insensitive jokes about missing teeth or shoes, please. She had everything, and more.)

AA
Lol, the other white meat!

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!

AA
Those WV girls had great legs from running those ridges. :)

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Tried to edit my sig with some Blue Grass lyrics, but it was too long (Didn't purchase enough upgrade of membership, I guess) wanted to add/ replace with:
"Wake up, wake up little Corrie, go and fetch my gun, I'm not a man for trouble, but I'd die before I'd run."

Top Bottom