What's new

Sharp Titanium Blades - A Nice Surprise

After using the Sharp Titanium blade in a very mild TTO razor, I shaved this morning using another Sharp Titanium blade in my Karve brass with a D plate. That is significantly more aggressive/efficient than my TTO. I found the Karve D plate and Sharp Titanium to be an excellent match. I got a much better shave than I did using the mild razor. I did experience a tiny bit of feedback when I applied witch hazel after the shave, so it was not a zero irritation shave, but it was still excellent. I consider the Sharp Titanium blades to be a great value: sharp, smooth, and inexpensive.

I've been using Sharp Swiss Titanium blades (in rotation) for seven months. They are simply the sharpest, most durable blade I have used. They are also the smoothest, in the sense that they cut my whiskers so efficiently that I hardly notice there's a blade in the razor - like a hot knife through butter.

But since they are so sharp, I can imagine people experiencing irritation, depending on the amount of pressure used, or the angle, etc. I had an irritating shave the other day with a Loi in an open comb razor, but I was experimenting. The Loi is a sister label to the Sharp. Perhaps it would be wise to use only minimal pressure with these.

Also, remember: these are inexpensive blades. While the quality of the blades I have used has been consistent, that may not always be the case. The packaging of the individual blades and their appearance has not always been impeccable. The carton and the tucks both have hologram security stickers. (The Loi label, however does not.)

For reference, my alternative to the Sharp for a sharp, smooth blade would be Gillette Platinum or Treet Dura Sharp carbon steel PTFE coated blades.

However, I have used the Gillette-Wilkinson, both India and China editions, and Laser Ultras from India, for some 10 years. The Laser Ultras are smooth, sharp and cheap, but most importantly, very consistent, so I use them to test razors and shave cream. I don't feel guilty tossing them after one or two uses.

The Sharp Titanium blades seem to last indefinitely. I got 30 shaves on one blade, and quit mostly out of boredom. One edge was getting past prime, but the second was fine. The catch is the blade was shaving about as well as an average blade at that point. But a fresh Sharp blade shaves far beyond average, so it isn't worth pushing that far. But, say, 10 shaves on a blade is reasonable, and still excellent.

The company's website is about as clear as mud. At one point it seemed to say the blade was also platinum coated, which is quite possible, to smooth out the titanium. But if it is straight titanium, that would explain why some find it rough, because titanium by itself is not the smoothest coating. I guess the shave cream might make a significant difference.

Frankly, I've never heard of "Swiss steel" for razor blades, and I thought "British steel" ended with the demise of Wilkinson's. Frankly, I don't think the steel makes that much difference these days: It is all in the sputtered edge coating. And if they are using titanium nitride, which is a type of ceramic that adheres well and is extremely hard, that would explain the blade's characteristics. However, they might not want to be too specific, eh?

I have tried other titanium blades, and have generally been disappointed, though I did use a four-blade titanium cartridge razor in India that was excellent. The Super Max titanium DE blades were bizarrely bad. So the form of titanium and the way it is applied could make a big difference.

Perhaps those who found the Sharp titanium blade disappointing might see if it smooths out after two or three shaves. And remember: We are ONLY talking about the TITANIUM Sharp blade. The others in the company's line do not get nearly as good reviews. And, as pointed out earlier, this is not a "Shark" blade, either.

The Sharp Titanium and some other independent brands demonstrate that high quality blades can be made at a reasonable price, contrary to the impression one might get from the P&G and Edgewell oligopoly.

I wouldn't mind using these every day, but perfection gets a little boring, kinda like being married to Grace Kelly.

BTW, the Personna 74 tungsten steel blades were sputtered with titanium, too.

Last edited:
I've been using Sharp Swiss Titanium blades (in rotation) for seven months. They are simply the sharpest, most durable blade I have used. They are also the smoothest, in the sense that they cut my whiskers so efficiently that I hardly notice there's a blade in the razor - like a hot knife through butter.

But since they are so sharp, I can imagine people experiencing irritation, depending on the amount of pressure used, or the angle, etc. I had an irritating shave the other day with a Loi in an open comb razor, but I was experimenting. The Loi is a sister label to the Sharp. Perhaps it would be wise to use only minimal pressure with these.

Also, remember: these are inexpensive blades. While the quality of the blades I have used has been consistent, that may not always be the case. The packaging of the individual blades and their appearance has not always been impeccable. The carton and the tucks both have hologram security stickers. (The Loi label, however does not.)

For reference, my alternative to the Sharp for a sharp, smooth blade would be Gillette Platinum or Treet Dura Sharp carbon steel PTFE coated blades.

However, I have used the Gillette-Wilkinson, both India and China editions, and Laser Ultras from India, for some 10 years. The Laser Ultras are smooth, sharp and cheap, but most importantly, very consistent, so I use them to test razors and shave cream. I don't feel guilty tossing them after one or two uses.

The Sharp Titanium blades seem to last indefinitely. I got 30 shaves on one blade, and quit mostly out of boredom. One edge was getting past prime, but the second was fine. The catch is the blade was shaving about as well as an average blade at that point. But a fresh Sharp blade shaves far beyond average, so it isn't worth pushing that far. But, say, 10 shaves on a blade is reasonable, and still excellent.

The company's website is about as clear as mud. At one point it seemed to say the blade was also platinum coated, which is quite possible, to smooth out the titanium. But if it is straight titanium, that would explain why some find it rough, because titanium by itself is not the smoothest coating. I guess the shave cream might make a significant difference.

Frankly, I've never heard of "Swiss steel" for razor blades, and I thought "British steel" ended with the demise of Wilkinson's. Frankly, I don't think the steel makes that much difference these days: It is all in the sputtered edge coating. And if they are using titanium nitride, which is a type of ceramic that adheres well and is extremely hard, that would explain the blade's characteristics. However, they might not want to be too specific, eh?

I have tried other titanium blades, and have generally been disappointed, though I did use a four-blade titanium cartridge razor in India that was excellent. The Super Max titanium DE blades were bizarrely bad. So the form of titanium and the way it is applied could make a big difference.

Perhaps those who found the Sharp titanium blade disappointing might see if it smooths out after two or three shaves. And remember: We are ONLY talking about the TITANIUM Sharp blade. The others in the company's line do not get nearly as good reviews. And, as pointed out earlier, this is not a "Shark" blade, either.

The Sharp Titanium and some other independent brands demonstrate that high quality blades can be made at a reasonable price, contrary to the impression one might get from the P&G and Edgewell oligopoly.

I wouldn't mind using these every day, but perfection gets a little boring, kinda like being married to Grace Kelly.

BTW, the Personna 74 tungsten steel blades were sputtered with titanium, too.
Very informative post. If I didn't go the vintage blade route I could easily see these as my go to blades.

I've been re-reading the earlier comments, reviewing my assessment, and doing further testing on different razors. This takes time, of course.

This blade can be harsh in some aggressive razors, especially with three passes. With a moderately aggressive razor and a light touch they should be fine. This is a very sharp blade, though not as aggressive as a Feather. But I think there is at least some harshness inherent in a titanium blade. A topnotch platinum blade will be smoother. But can you buy them for $9/100?

I have limited experience with the Bolzano blade, and would be interested in a comparison by a user.

I see you can still buy online the Apache(Personna-ASR-Edgewell) titanium DE blade sold in the China market. Unless it has improved drastically, don't bother, as it is rather dull (as are the basic Schick and Gillette blades sold in stores in China).

It's not easy to find a good titanium DE blade, especially at a good price. You might find these interesting.

After reading this thread a few months ago, I bought 100 of these blades and haven't used them until this week.

I put a Sharp Titanium in a Yates with the M and H plates and it was a great blade for this razor. My shaves have been mild, smooth and an easy BBS. That wasn't the case with other blades I tried in the razor.

I am on my fourth shave with the blade and think it might be time to switch it out, but I could probably continue to use it for another one or two shaves without issue.

Just received these blades. Having read great things about them I can't wait to try them.

If I put them in an aggressive razor, what will happen?

Just received these blades. Having read great things about them I can't wait to try them.

If I put them in an aggressive razor, what will happen?

Just out of curiosity, are you the sort of person who, when you buy a new car, say, "I wonder if I can get this baby up to 160 mph?" and then floor it the moment you have left the dealership?

Are you the sort of person who, when you buy a new set of speakers, say, "I wonder how loud they go, and how much bass they pump out?" and turn the volume to the max the moment you've got them hooked up?

Are you the sort of person who wants to put the sharpest blade you can find into the most aggressive razor you own the moment they arrive in the mail, just to see what happens?

You will cut yourself. And you won't even know it until you see the blood, they are that sharp.

I know. I put one in a Gillette New Standard flat bottom the first time I used it, not fully appreciating that this was not your great-great-great grandfather's razor. It makes the Old Type seem like a declawed ***** cat.* "Hey, look at that blood! I cut myself. Oh, I guess I need to use less pressure." Ooops.

Normally, I would suggest starting out with a medium aggressive razor. But in your case, perhaps you might find an exercise in restraint worth a try: Start with your mildest razor Day 1, and work your way up to your most aggressive, if you feel a need to go that far.

People's whiskers and needs vary. And there are a lot of different types of "aggressive" razors.

One reviewer on Amiz-n wrote: "I shaved using a baili bd 171 which is an aggressive razor and shaved like a champ." Maybe the BD171 shaved as good as an aggressive razor with this blade. But I have tried all the Baili razors except the adjustable, and none of them are aggressive. I would rate the BD171 a 3/10 on the mild/aggressive scale. It is a good razor for what it sets out to do. Anything milder is useless for me.

On the other hand, there are well-designed moderately aggressive razors, say 7/10, that do not go out of their way to look for an excuse to slice your face to ribbons, as long as you hold them at the appropriate angle with the right pressure. These should work fine with this blade.

For me, shaving is not an exercise in seeing how close I can get with an ultra-aggressive razor in a three-pass shave. My ideal is a close, smooth, comfortable shave in the least amount of time from an efficient razor/blade combination.

I have used other very sharp, smooth blades. With some of them, you lose the benefits of the blade when you put them in a razor that is too aggressive and get skin irritation. But put them in a moderate razor and you get a mild, sweet shave. And then you might realize you don't need a super-aggressive razor.

I don't generally use this blade to test a new razor the first time out, as it is too sharp and tends to make any razor look good. The New Standard fiasco is an additional reason why.

Some reviewers say the first shave can be a bit rough, though I haven't noticed this. But the character of the shave does change some over the first dozen shaves, without necessarily getting dull. I think it is more likely to get dull from sitting unused for a week after the first shaves than from being used every day, a common problem with blades.

The bottom line: It's your neck, literally, if you want to use an aggressive razor straight out of the tuck. Use the blade for a few days before judging it. Even with an aggressive razor, with a lighter than normal touch I think you still could get a nice shave because with a blade as sharp as this you don't need as much pressure.

Frankly, I have other fine blades I use, too. I am not sure it is the best blade for every razor because it is so sharp, particularly some open combs. For people like you and me who have a broad collection of razors, some may work better with one blade or another. But for those with a limited assortment, such as the guy with the Baili, if this blade provide a great shave then my suggestion is quit while you're ahead. I first used the BD171 about 10 years ago, and if I had had this blade back then I might have been satisfied. The Baili butterfly is another good option, and the most aggressive of the Baili line. So is a DE89 or clone. This blade will bring out their best.

How does this blade compare to other top blades? I haven't tried every blade, so I will leave this for others to decide. But I think the titanium coating does provide an advantage in durability when you put an extremely fine edge on a blade. Some other very sharp blades become harsh and irritating before they become dull. This blade wears out gracefully.

At any rate, I'm glad to see that at least a couple of guys are curious enough to try these blades. I hope you can find a good razor combination for them.

-=-

Hey, I did not put the asterisks there. I was simply using a common term for a gentle, young cat, not a part of human anatomy. With a little experimentation, I found the censor prefers it spelled as one word: pussycat. I hope this does not offend anyone. I believe the word is used in the title of a mainstream movie. And then there's the W.C. Fields joke near the end of "International House" in the autogyro.

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity, are you the sort of person who, when you buy a new car, say, "I wonder if I can get this baby up to 160 mph?" and then floor it the moment you have left the dealership?

Are you the sort of person who, when you buy a new set of speakers, say, "I wonder how loud they go, and how much bass they pump out?" and turn the volume to the max the moment you've got them hooked up?

Are you the sort of person who wants to put the sharpest blade you can find into the most aggressive razor you own the moment they arrive in the mail, just to see what happens?

You will cut yourself. And you won't even know it until you see the blood, they are that sharp.

I know. I put one in a Gillette New Standard flat bottom the first time I used it, not fully appreciating that this was not your great-great-great grandfather's razor. It makes the Old Type seem like a declawed ***** cat.* "Hey, look at that blood! I cut myself. Oh, I guess I need to use less pressure." Ooops.

Normally, I would suggest starting out with a medium aggressive razor. But in your case, perhaps you might find an exercise in restraint worth a try: Start with your mildest razor Day 1, and work your way up to your most aggressive, if you feel a need to go that far.

People's whiskers and needs vary. And there are a lot of different types of "aggressive" razors.

One reviewer on Amiz-n wrote: "I shaved using a baili bd 171 which is an aggressive razor and shaved like a champ." Maybe the BD171 shaved as good as an aggressive razor with this blade. But I have tried all the Baili razors except the adjustable, and none of them are aggressive. I would rate the BD171 a 3/10 on the mild/aggressive scale. It is a good razor for what it sets out to do. Anything milder is useless for me.

On the other hand, there are well-designed moderately aggressive razors, say 7/10, that do not go out of their way to look for an excuse to slice your face to ribbons, as long as you hold them at the appropriate angle with the right pressure. These should work fine with this blade.

For me, shaving is not an exercise in seeing how close I can get with an ultra-aggressive razor in a three-pass shave. My ideal is a close, smooth, comfortable shave in the least amount of time from an efficient razor/blade combination.

I have used other very sharp, smooth blades. With some of them, you lose the benefits of the blade when you put them in a razor that is too aggressive and get skin irritation. But put them in a moderate razor and you get a mild, sweet shave. And then you might realize you don't need a super-aggressive razor.

I don't generally use this blade to test a new razor the first time out, as it is too sharp and tends to make any razor look good. The New Standard fiasco is an additional reason why.

Some reviewers say the first shave can be a bit rough, though I haven't noticed this. But the character of the shave does change some over the first dozen shaves, without necessarily getting dull. I think it is more likely to get dull from sitting unused for a week after the first shaves than from being used every day, a common problem with blades.

The bottom line: It's your neck, literally, if you want to use an aggressive razor straight out of the tuck. Use the blade for a few days before judging it. Even with an aggressive razor, with a lighter than normal touch I think you still could get a nice shave because with a blade as sharp as this you don't need as much pressure.

Frankly, I have other fine blades I use, too. I am not sure it is the best blade for every razor because it is so sharp, particularly some open combs. For people like you and me who have a broad collection of razors, some may work better with one blade or another. But for those with a limited assortment, such as the guy with the Baili, if this blade provide a great shave then my suggestion is quit while you're ahead. I first used the BD171 about 10 years ago, and if I had had this blade back then I might have been satisfied. The Baili butterfly is another good option, and the most aggressive of the Baili line. So is a DE89 or clone. This blade will bring out their best.

How does this blade compare to other top blades? I haven't tried every blade, so I will leave this for others to decide. But I think the titanium coating does provide an advantage in durability when you put an extremely fine edge on a blade. Some other very sharp blades become harsh and irritating before they become dull. This blade wears out gracefully.

At any rate, I'm glad to see that at least a couple of guys are curious enough to try these blades. I hope you can find a good razor combination for them.

-=-

Hey, I did not put the asterisks there. I was simply using a common term for a gentle, young cat, not a part of human anatomy. With a little experimentation, I found the censor prefers it spelled as one word: pussycat. I hope this does not offend anyone. I believe the word is used in the title of a mainstream movie. And then there's the W.C. Fields joke near the end of "International House" in the autogyro.
Wow, didn't see that coming!
Excellent reply. Thank you.
I'm planning to shave 6-7 days of growth then to test the sharpness. I will put it in a Yaqi Scalloped head(more efficient than the EJ89). I had a horrible shave with the ABest blade, made in Pakistan, Swiss steel, was tugging a lot.

Wow, didn't see that coming!
Excellent reply. Thank you.
I'm planning to shave 6-7 days of growth then to test the sharpness. I will put it in a Yaqi Scalloped head(more efficient than the EJ89). I had a horrible shave with the ABest blade, made in Pakistan, Swiss steel, was tugging a lot.

Sounds reasonable, though I am not familiar with the razor you refer to.

Where did you find this ABest blade? Is it one of those plethora of pretty looking blades sprouting like weeds on Amiz-n?

The reason for my comment is I am skeptical of this whole "Swiss steel" thing, at least until someone can confirm that Switzerland actually makes razor blade steel. The Sharp website sometimes says it uses Swedish steel. There's all sorts of inconsistencies on it, as with many of the useless razor blade websites. But I've got to hand it to them for marketing chutzpah, selling blades apparently made in Bangladesh as "Swiss" blades! Too many blade manufacturers don't seem to have any sense of marketing. (Hey, I'm all for economic development in Bangladesh.)

What counts is not how pretty the blade packaging is, or whether it has a famous name, but how it shaves. The shave from this blade is consistently excellent, in my experience. Sometimes the blade and wrapper look a bit dirty, though.

And with the very real threat of counterfeiting, the hologram stickers on the Sharp titanium tucks and cartons are a big reason for considering them, vs. some expensive famous names. It shows the right attitude from the company.

I look forward to reading your honest assessment of the blades. But, more importantly, it's the other readers who would benefit from the information.

I don't want to appear to be touting any particular blade (this is not the only blade I have recommended), so this will probably be my last post on this subject, unless I change my opinion of the blade for some reason.

And please don't speed with a new car. Wait at least a week, so that you break in the engine, first.

Last edited:
This is the blade: I found it in my local store with shaving products. There is another one, the Clifton. I haven't tried this one.
proxy.php

I had good luck with Titanium blades so far (SuperMax Diamond Titanium, very smooth and sharp enough). Let's see how this new one performs.

I must keep the same soap, razor for some shaves to have a clear view of them. I always appreciate sharp blades. Some of them are really smooth too. But I can't stop searching for new ones even though I have a good collection of blades and knowing which of them perform well.

This is the blade: I found it in my local store with shaving products. There is another one, the Clifton. I haven't tried this one.
proxy.php

I had good luck with Titanium blades so far (SuperMax Diamond Titanium, very smooth and sharp enough). Let's see how this new one performs.

I must keep the same soap, razor for some shaves to have a clear view of them. I always appreciate sharp blades. Some of them are really smooth too. But I can't stop searching for new ones even though I have a good collection of blades and knowing which of them perform well.

Thanks for posting the photo.

OK, now I get it. You are in Greece, right?

Local store - check.

I gave up trying to figure out the websites for Sharp-Swiss-Durablade-ABest. They seem to have different labels for distribution in different regions, and perhaps for distribution within different channels. In India, there were lots of little shops, all with mostly the same stuff overall. It seemed that what the shop carried depended on what the distributor offered that they chose to deal with. So three shops on the same street might offer different blades, but not too different - sometimes they were the same manufacturer, but different labels.

Some say the Sharp and Loi titanium blades are the identical. But are they? Different labels also open up chances for variation in quality and materials.

What I've learned is just because you like one blade from a manufacturer, especially the best one, doesn't mean you will like their other blades. So I'm going to have to see strong, consistent recommendations before trying other blades.

I used the SuperMax Diamond Titanium blades in India about 10 years ago. They were very strange. I did not like them, and I tried several tucks. The Chinese Personna Apache Titanium blades just weren't sharp.

Bolzanno titanium blades are good, very well mannered. They seemed aimed at someone who wants a nice, comfortable, safe shave, but only a few from one blade. I suppose they are cheaper in Europe, but here they're priced like a Rolls.

The Sharp Swiss titanium blades are more like driving a race car: sleek, fast and slightly dangerous.

As to the Yaqi "scalloped" razor, scalloped is a common term for the type of bar. I did a search and found this:

This is a typical closed comb razor. It appears to be a DE89 clone. There seem to be two variations being produced: one thicker and milder, presumably closer to the original, about a 4/10; the other thinner and a bit more aggressive and closer shaving, about a 5/10. From the photo, this looks like the second. If so, this is not an aggressive razor. It is relatively safe, though it can still nick you.

However, with Chinese razors, appearances can be very deceiving. They make razor heads that look almost exactly like this that are absolutely terrible; they are wider, with covered tabs. But they are pretty.

Its stuff like the Yaqi slant that worry me. I tried it briefly, and was appalled at its bad design and loose blade support. I think putting a Sharp titanium blade would be a terrible combination. Most of the Yaqi heads I have gotten have been nearly worthless, at least for me. I tried them and put them in a drawer. They mainly make them for other razor distributors, and they certainly can be attention getters. The name of the game these days is making a razor that gets people's attention, sometimes by being eccentric, and that looks pretty or interesting in photos on a web page. Some are good, some are not.

The only cheap Yaqi I might recommend is the open comb Old Type head. For those who do not shave daily, this open comb is an good option. But not everyone likes this type.

China is churning out a lot of mediocre to bad razor heads and razors. Don't waste your money trying all of them. The "scalloped" head above is probably one of the better options, and should work well with the Sharp Titanium. If you like it, you're all set.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting the photo.

OK, now I get it. You are in Greece, right?

Local store - check.

I gave up trying to figure out the websites for Sharp-Swiss-Durablade-ABest. They seem to have different labels for distribution in different regions, and perhaps for distribution within different channels. In India, there were lots of little shops, all with mostly the same stuff overall. It seemed that what the shop carried depended on what the distributor offered that they chose to deal with. So three shops on the same street might offer different blades, but not too different - sometimes they were the same manufacturer, but different labels.

Some say the Sharp and Loi titanium blades are the identical. But are they? Different labels also open up chances for variation in quality and materials.

What I've learned is just because you like one blade from a manufacturer, especially the best one, doesn't mean you will like their other blades. So I'm going to have to see strong, consistent recommendations before trying other blades.

I used the SuperMax Diamond Titanium blades in India about 10 years ago. They were very strange. I did not like them, and I tried several tucks. The Chinese Personna Apache Titanium blades just weren't sharp.

Bolzanno titanium blades are good, very well mannered. They seemed aimed at someone who wants a nice, comfortable, safe shave, but only a few from one blade. I suppose they are cheaper in Europe, but here they're priced like a Rolls.

The Sharp Swiss titanium blades are more like driving a race car: sleek, smooth and slightly dangerous.

As to the Yaqi "scalloped" razor, scalloped is a common term for the type of bar. I did a search and found this:

This appears to be a DE89 clone. There seem to be two variations: one thicker and milder, presumably closer to the original, about a 4/10; the other thinner and a bit more aggressive and closer shaving, about a 5/10. From the photo, this looks like the second.

Not to worry, this is not an aggressive razor. It is relatively safe, though it can still nick you.

Its stuff like the Yaqi slant that worry me. I tried it briefly, and was appalled at its bad design and loose blade support. I think putting a Sharp titanium blade would be a terrible combination. Most of the Yaqi heads I have gotten have been worthless, at least for me. I tried them and put them in a drawer. They mainly make them for other razor distributors. At least they are cheap.

The only one I might recommend is the open comb Old Type head. For those who do not shave daily, this open comb is an good option. But not everyone likes this type.

China is churning out a lot of mediocre to bad razor heads and razors. Don't waste your money trying all of them. The "scalloped" head above is probably one of the better options, and should work well with the Sharp Titanium. If you like it, you're all set.
Yes, Greece.

I agree, Yaqi Scalloped is the best option, I have the black one. Gives great shaves.
I believe that Sharp & Loi are indeed identical, but who knows.

From what you are writing I will like these Titanium blades!
Did you like the Gillette Nacet?

Yes, Greece.

I agree, Yaqi Scalloped is the best option, I have the black one. Gives great shaves.
I believe that Sharp & Loi are indeed identical, but who knows.

From what you are writing I will like these Titanium blades!
Did you like the Gillette Nacet?

I haven't tried the Gillette Nacet; they don't seem to be as common in the U.S. The farthest up the Gillette ladder I've gone is the Gillette Platinum, which is very nice, but a bit over-priced. However, it is nice to know that P&G still remembers how to make a good DE razor blade.

Let us know your opinion of the Sharp titanium blades vs. the Nacet.

I haven't tried the Gillette Nacet; they don't seem to be as common in the U.S. The farthest up the Gillette ladder I've gone is the Gillette Platinum, which is very nice, but a bit over-priced. However, it is nice to know that P&G still remembers how to make a good DE razor blade.

Let us know your opinion of the Sharp titanium blades vs. the Nacet.
Will do. Yes the Platinum is a bit over priced.

[/QUOTE]

I am certain that China does turn out some inferior products, but do not make the mistake of assuming that all Chinese razors are poor quality.

I have a Van Der Hagen long handled TTO razor that I believe is a rebranded Weishi 9306. It is made from brass rather than the Zamac alloy so common in many DE razors. Mine
has lasted several years and still functions perfectly. It is a very mild razor similar in design to the Gillette Superspeed. However, when equipped with a super sharp blade like a BIC Chrome Platinum, Gillette Nacet, or Sharp Titanium, it will give a great shave. I use it for my clean-up pass after a three pass shave to catch any stubble I may have missed. When traveling by car, it is the razor that goes into my Dopp kit.

I am certain that China does turn out some inferior products, but do not make the mistake of assuming that all Chinese razors are poor quality.

I have a Van Der Hagen long handled TTO razor that I believe is a rebranded Weishi 9306. It is made from brass rather than the Zamac alloy so common in many DE razors. Mine
has lasted several years and still functions perfectly. It is a very mild razor similar in design to the Gillette Superspeed. However, when equipped with a super sharp blade like a BIC Chrome Platinum, Gillette Nacet, or Sharp Titanium, it will give a great shave. I use it for my clean-up pass after a three pass shave to catch any stubble I may have missed. When traveling by car, it is the razor that goes into my Dopp kit.
[/QUOTE]
Yes I liked it. I have it in black.

I also have the Yaqi Slant, Helmet, DOC.
The first two are almost slaughter machines cannot shave easily with them..
They are good for 2 passes, very difficult against the grain.

Gave the Sharp Titaniums a chance, and they are on par with Wizamets and GSBs for me. First shave was okay, but the next 2 have been uncomfortably smooth in the Karve SB. I feel absolutely nothing on the face during the second pass, and it doesn't bite when I use more pressure to confirm it's cutting (which it is). I'll give the C plate a try to see if it causes more damage on a more aggressive setting, but it has done well enough on the B plate to justify it as a daily shaving choice.

I just tried the LOI Titanium. It's very similar to Astra SP in smoothness and sharpness. I think it was maybe slightly less smooth (still no irritation whatsoever), but also maybe a tad more efficient. Because of titanium, it might age better. Either way, it's a winner. I recently tried KAI, Feather, Personna Red, Wizamet, and Gillette Platinum... this spanked them!

Top Bottom