What's new

Sharp Titanium Blades - A Nice Surprise

I tried one of those Balaka carbon blades years ago and it was the absolute worst blade I have ever attempted to use!! I could not go more than 1/4" as the tugging was so bad.
I stay far away from carbon blades, most of the ones I've tried new and vintage were pure torture.

I tried one of those Balaka carbon blades years ago and it was the absolute worst blade I have ever attempted to use!! I could not go more than 1/4" as the tugging was so bad.

Apparently, Balaka blades are advertised as follows:

Balaka carbon steel double edge safety razor blade is a very high quality international razor blade for feather soft multiple shaving of the face, head or body. This is the highest quality double edge safety razor blade of our product range.

However, the blades have a reputation of being the worst blades made in Bangaladesh.

Tried today durablade champion in red white packet I'm posting after 3rd shave and on 3rd shave was pulling after first pass was having to go over same place twice to get it to cut 1st shave was ok would not buy these again but will use up what I have but after 3rd pass no nicks so at least I did not cut myself

Swiss is referring to where the steel was sourced from: Sweden.
Last I checked Swiss and Sweden were not the same. Bad advertising or maybe they don't know English all that well. Anyway, I ordered a set of a hundred Champion blades from Razor Blades Club for a good price. Should arrive this week and I will get a chance to try them.

The Swiss, because of their long history of making precision watches, have always been known as a standard of quality.

I do not know whether the "Swiss quality" is simply a marketing gimmick or whether the machinery and techniques used in Bangladesh may have been imported from Switzerland.

Last I checked Swiss and Sweden were not the same.
You are right, my brain and eyesight aren't what they used to be. I hope you enjoy them but as a word of warning I loved the titanium but hated the hi chromium blades. Have yet to try any of the other varieties.

Tonight's shave 2 passes baby smooth like these blades in this razor

Attachments

• IMG_20191223_223656.jpg
    IMG_20191223_223656.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 78
Tonight's shave 2 passes baby smooth like these blades in this razor
Awesome. I've used a few blades in my sample pack and so far none have beat the Sharp Titanium's performance. I will have to order a tuck of those when I put in another order to try.

The A-Best went straight to the bin from the first pass.

I will get the Sharp Durablade Titanium to see how it goes. I have good luck with Titanium coated blades in general.

OP, with which, known blade would you compare the Titanium?

The A-Best went straight to the bin from the first pass.

I will get the Sharp Durablade Titanium to see how it goes. I have good luck with Titanium coated blades in general.

OP, with which, known blade would you compare the Titanium?
For me personally when I'm comparing blade feel against the skin and the end result (your experience could be different) - vintage: Personna super platinum chrome, modern: Gillette 7 o clock black platinums made in India.

For me personally when I'm comparing blade feel against the skin and the end result (your experience could be different) - vintage: Personna super platinum chrome, modern: Gillette 7 o clock black platinums made in India.
Impressive. Seems a good one then. Thanks.

I have some Sharp Titanium, Loi Titanium, Clifton Classic and Sharp Hi Chromium sitting in my den to try out. Glad to hear they are getting good reviews!

Top Bottom