What's new

Sharp Titanium Blades - A Nice Surprise

After reading the thread, I ordered some Sharp titanium blades to try and I have to say they burned me like hell. Got one weeper, of course not bad, but still, I don't get these very often even with Derby or Sharks (the two black sheeps in B&B). But thats it, YMMV at it's best.. Glad to hear that for some folks this blade works effortlessly :)

After reading the thread, I ordered some Sharp titanium blades to try and I have to say they burned me like hell. Got one weeper, of course not bad, but still, I don't get these very often even with Derby or Sharks (the two black sheeps in B&B). But thats it, YMMV at it's best.. Glad to hear that for some folks this blade works effortlessly :)
Sorry to hear they never worked out for you but for how cheap they are I'm sure the gamble was worth it. Like I said in my original post the Titaniums worked great but the High Chromiums were not good at all for me. Have yet to try any of their other versions but did order 200 of these months ago to use every once in awhile in my mostly vintage blade lineup.

Sorry to hear they never worked out for you but for how cheap they are I'm sure the gamble was worth it. Like I said in my original post the Titaniums worked great but the High Chromiums were not good at all for me. Have yet to try any of their other versions but did order 200 of these months ago to use every once in awhile in my mostly vintage blade lineup.
It doesn't bother me at all, that's how DE shaving world spins, sometimes you win big, sometimes not. What if was the other way around,I'm liking the blades and end up like you with 200 blades that work great, for pennies. Thats YMMV factor. With the same purchase I popped some Dorco titans and they are good, so the try was worth it :)

I ordered a bulk pack of the Sharp Titanium blades. I like the Sharp Platinum, but not the Sharp Stainless, so I am hoping the Titanium blades will be at least as good as the Platinums. They arrived today. If they do not work out for me, I am out $10 plus tax. I can live with that. I will let you know how they work out.

Titanium, platinum and irridium are far too expensive to use for manufacturing razor blades themselves. These metals are used for microscopically thin coating on the edges of the blades where they will provide the most benefit at the least cost. The base of the blades is some type of stainless steel developed especially for razor blades.

Is it the same blade as Loi Titanium?
I'm curious about that as well. But the sales pages for the two have slightly different descriptions. The LOI Titanium blades have additional bullet points (not included in the description for the Sharp Titanium blades) touting them as:
  • Best for sensitive skin
  • Irritation free shave
Additionally, the descriptions section underneath the bullet points state the Sharp Titanium blades are made from Swiss steel, while the description section for the LOI Titanium blades say they're made from British steel.

Sharp Titanium:

LOI Titanium:

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I just shaved with a Sharp Titanium in a Charcoal Goods brass Level 2. Terrible shave. Lots of irritation. Was not smooth either. So this blade wasnt a good fit for me the Level 2. I will have to try this blade is a more mild razor and see if there are any redeeming qualities.

I just shaved with a Sharp Titanium in a Charcoal Goods brass Level 2. Terrible shave. Lots of irritation. Was not smooth either. So this blade wasnt a good fit for me the Level 2. I will have to try this blade is a more mild razor and see if there are any redeeming qualities.

I am going to shave later this evening. Based on your feedback, I am going to try the blade in a mild razor. I have a coarse beard, so I like a very sharp blade, but I also have sensitive skin, so I have to avoid irritation. If your irritation was caused by the blade being too sharp for the Level 2 razor, then it might work for me. If it is simply a rough blade, then it won't be a good fit.

I am going to shave later this evening. Based on your feedback, I am going to try the blade in a mild razor. I have a coarse beard, so I like a very sharp blade, but I also have sensitive skin, so I have to avoid irritation. If your irritation was caused by the blade being too sharp for the Level 2 razor, then it might work for me. If it is simply a rough blade, then it won't be a good fit.

I shaved last night with the Sharp Titanium blade in a very mild TTO razor. I got a very good shave. I used Grooming Dept Primus as my shave soap. It is an older formulation whose post-shave is good, but not up to current standards. It did provide a slick, protective lather. Since I used a mild razor, the shave was not quite as close as I am accustomed to getting.

The Sharp Titanium blade was neither as sharp nor as smooth as some blades in my collection. It did seem to become sharper as i proceeded through the various passes. Based on the initial shave, I would put it on par with Gillette Silver Blue and the Sharp Hi-Platinum blades for performance. I definitely prefer them to the Sharp Hi-Stainless blades. I do like the Sharp Titanium blades well enough for them to remain in my den.

If you like the GSB blades, you might like the Titaniums. I have a coarse beard and sensitive skin. For shavers whose beard and skin are more normal, I would think the Sharp Titanium blades would be a good choice. At $9.99 per 100 on Amazon, I believe they represent a good value for many shavers. However, there are many blades at a similar price that are also suitable alternatives.

I've been using LOI Titanium blades in my rotation since last June. I threw the first blade away after 7 shaves, which were all good smooth shaves. The second blade, I decided to push it until it didn't give me a satisfactory shave, and it went out to 62. Blade 3 gave me 57, and blade 4 is at 37 and still very good. It seems to work well in all the razors I own.

For reference, some blades that work for me are Nacet, Astra SS, and Astra SP. I have a medium texture beard and always have a 5 O'clock shadow. I always shave every day, and sometimes a second time if going out for the evening.

Sorry to hear that. I've tried a Sharp Platinum blade and liked it okay. It was roughly on par or just a tad below Astra SP for me. I've not tried a Sharp Titanium, though.

Top Bottom