Start of my Shark Week Shave!
Soap Rasozero Agrumella
Brush Yaqi 26mm Butterscotch
Razor RR Game Changer.84 SB
Blade JAWS Platinum 1st
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Reuzel Wood & Spice
Great lather from soap. Spread on face then work with the nice brush. Good lemony scent, creamy and slick. More than enough lather for 4passes...
Shave with razor paired with new Jaws blade was quite good. Smooth...comfortable and sharpish too. Quite similar to a SuperMax. Blade is abit thick. 3+1 multiple passes without issues but after rinsing notice some creepers. BBS to DFS result. Icy cold rinse followed by cooling Thayers then soothed by Hyaluronic and Reuzel. Rating 9.5/10. Enjoyable session.
20200809_200335.jpg

20200809_200013.jpg

20200810_081912.jpg

Day 2:
Merkur Futur set to 3
RazoRock XXX
Parker Badger
Thayer Rose Pedal Witch Hazel
Proraso Balm
Clubman AS

Edited: Shark Attack!!! Get out of the water. I was bit. Haven’t used the Futur in over a year. Might go back to straights.

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I loaded the Shark SS to the Progress today (set at #2.5) and got a much closer shave. The rest of the setup was similar, boar brush and Arko. I really enjoyed it!

I will use the same blade for a couple more days and will then switch to the Super Chromes to see what is the difference.

Yeah I burned through my pack of SS and didn’t revisit the super chromes much after trying one. This will be a great opportunity to see if my opinion changes trying it in a different razor.

🦈 🦈 🦈 SHARK WEEK 🦈 🦈 🦈

Razor1: Gem Micromatic Gold Flying Wing Guiding Eye
Blade1: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless Steel Blade
Razor2: Timeless Bronze SB
Blade2: Shark Super Chrome
Brush: Rick Montalvo Grade A Silvertip Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso Red
Lather: Razorock Mudder Focker
Aftershave: Gillette Series Cool Wave
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder

PSX_20200809_081657.jpg

Have to report a minor Shark 'bite' today. Ended up with blood in the water with a minor weeper, but in fairness to the Shark Platinum I pulled a really old container of dried up Mem shave cream and lathered it up. I haven't shaved with that stuff in quite a while so I'm betting that contributed.

I'm pretty sure it happened on my XTG pass and it was in a known trouble spot I have near my Adam's Apple so it is something I get often enough not to get bent out of shape about. I barely felt any sting when I applied styptic and I can barely tell it now 6 hours later so it was extremely minor. I'll be back Shark hunting tomorrow with the Platinum, but I may move it to the Slim Adjustable because I haven't used that combo yet, and I may crank it down to super mild.

Ha! She bit me alright.

Yup, I knew I had some Super Chromes left, turns out I have 2. Decided to modify one for my Wade and Butcher open comb DE and gave it a go.
It certainly bit me, I used my pencil on 4 or 5 spots on my neck, but a decent post shave feel surprisingly. I’m sure I’ll reopen these nicks tomorrow with my 2nd go!

Shark SuperChrome
Wade and Butcher open comb (lovely)
Proraso green pre-shave
Proraso green cream
Witch hazel
Lilac Vegetal
Nivea sensitive

Top Bottom