What's new

132 Blades - Jianyu (Marlin)

I started this review during Shark Week as a second review for @Grundi , here goes.

I like the Jianyu blade, it gives consistent shaves and keeps the blood on the inside rather well. Although going only 5 shaves, I consider the experience a success especially because I tossed the blade not for discomfort but because it gave its second CCS in a row and blades don't get better over time. This blade was not one of my 132 blade purchase but I am grateful for the PIF as it scored high enough to almost assuredly be in the final running of blades I buy 5 of for a final shave-off. The score was 8.23 which is easily above the emerging boundary line of 8.0 for blades that I would consider buying. When looking at just the first 4 shaves, the score moves up to 8.64 and makes the blade #9 on my list so far. With all 5 shaves, it's #8 on the list. Neighbors on the list are the Asco Platinum and the Big Ben Classic, two blades I also like quite a lot.

1691026424662.png

Next blade: Feather New High Stainless, a platinum blade by Feather Safety Razor of Japan

1691026664501.png

Top Bottom