What's new

SHARK WEEK!!

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I'm in for Arko August so all my shaves will be with Arko. Tools: Arko soap, EJ DE89, & Turn n Shave synthetic brush with the Boss Knot. The Boss knot whipped up a nice lather quickly. The Shark SS blade made short work of my stubble. I received a very nice close shave with the EJ DE89 holding the Shark SS blade. No blood or irritation from this combo. I followed up with a splash of generic Witch Hazel. It doesn't get better than this.! :thumbup1:
ARKO-SHARKO!

Owen Bawn

Just saw this thread and perfect timing cos I haven’t shaved yet today. Plus I just wanted to write SHARKO cos I’m in the middle of Arko August too. Count me in please! There’s chum in the water folks! 😆👍
ONE MORE FOR ARKO-SHARKO!

I went with the Arko-Sharko combo today with outstanding results. Shark Platinum blade in a RR SLOC razor, and a generous lather from a sliver of Arko loaded in my vintage shave scuttle resulted in an effortless BBS.

I kicked off the week with my RR JAWS .86 razor paired with a Shark SC blade. I used B&M Bay Rum soap and did a full 3 pass shave. As a result, I ended up with a very nice shave without getting any blood in the water. :boat:

🦈 🦈 SHARK WEEK 🦈 🦈

Razor1: Gillette Trac II TwinJector Razor
Blade1: Schick Injector
Razor2: Gillette 1952 Black Tip Super Speed
Blade2: Shark Super Chrome
Brush: Simpson's Duke 3 Sapphire Special Edition in synthetic
Pre-Shave: Cremo Brushless Shaving Cream
Lather: Art of Shaving Sandalwood Cream
Aftershave: Pinaud Lilac Vegetal
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder

20200808_075813.jpg

Kicking off Shark Week 2020! I got this tuck of Shark SS with my Maggard's starter kit when I first began wet shaving back in 2014. Used 4 of them at the very beginning and then buried them in my den, the last blade untouched until this morning. Combined with my Schick Krona it gave a nice shave. Nothing spectacular but no complaints either.

We'll see if I can stretch it 7 days!

Sunday August 9th, 2020
Razor : Schick Krona
Blade : Shark SS
Brush : Ever Ready 100T with Plisson knot
Soap : Arko
Post : Thayer's Coconut Water and 50:50 Skin Bracer & Osage

proxy.php

Last edited:
Kicking off Shark Week 2020! I got this tuck of Shark SS with my Maggard's start kit when I first began wet shaving back in 2014. Used 4 of them at the very beginning and then buried them in my den, the last blade untouched until this morning. Combined with my Schick Krona it gave a nice shave. Nothing spectacular but no complains either.

Sunday August 9th, 2020

proxy.php
Remember shark week is a Sunday to Sunday ordeal. 8 days of swimming with the sharks.

Kicking off Shark Week 2020! I got this tuck of Shark SS with my Maggard's start kit when I first began wet shaving back in 2014. Used 4 of them at the very beginning and then buried them in my den, the last blade untouched until this morning. Combined with my Schick Krona it gave a nice shave. Nothing spectacular but no complains either.

Sunday August 9th, 2020

proxy.php
You dug out those old Sharks like a true shave archeologist! 🤣

Shave #2. My first ever shave with a Shark Super Chrome (SC). Completely different experience than yesterday's excellent shave with a Platinum.

Gear changes from yesterday:
  • Fine Platinum After Shave
  • Rudy Vey Irish Bog Oak with Shavemac 2-Band Silvertip
I cannot lie, it was not a great shave. The SC, which felt really sharp to me, had a noticeable tugging feeling the entire shave - I felt like I was holding on for dear life/walking on egg shells.

The good news is I got through the shave with one miniscule/borderline weeper and no noticeable irritation according to the alum block. I am willing to give the SC a second chance, but I cannot say that I am looking forward to it.

For this shave, only the sharks know if there was blood in the water!

Sharkweek Sunday Shave
Razor: Pre-War Tech, re-plated by Chris at RazorPlate
Brush: RazoRock Synthetic BC Silvertip
Soap: PAA CaD
Aftershave: PAA CaD with B&M Terror drops
Shave Bowl: Belgium made OS mug

Got bit this morning, twice.. I knew I as soon as the first bit occured, it was because I wasn't watching what I was doing when hand feeding the Shark. Second one was a pre-existing little bump that the Shark decided to give a test nibble.

Aside from that, I really enjoyed the pre-war Tech and Shark combo.

IMG_5074.JPG

Shark Week - Shave #1

Blade:
Shark Platinum (1)
Razor: Merkur 20C
Soap: PdP 63

Results: NO BLOOD TODAY, sharks go hungry!! This is my first time trying Shark Platinums, and the first shave with the blade. This blade is smooth, but not as sharp as its smoothness implies. There was some patches that need some extra attention. But, that said, there was NO BLOOD!!

Special Acknowledgement: Thank you, @Frank Shaves, for swapping with me!! I had originally planned to start with Shark SS blades but decided to go with the Platinum!!

First official shave for Shark Week.

Proraso White Pre-Shave
Rockwell 6S
Shark Super Stainless
Edwin Jagger Super Badger
TOBS Coconut plus MWF & Glycerine
Gentleman Jim Alum Block
Nivea Aftershave Balm for Sensitive Skin followed several minutes later by
First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream
Kouros cologne.

Still smooth, but not so close. I had to do a fourth pass to cleanup the patches. Even with four passes, no irritation. But, when the week is over I’ll go back to the Feather blades since I’m out of BIC.

Owen Bawn

Kicking off Shark Week 2020! I got this tuck of Shark SS with my Maggard's starter kit when I first began wet shaving back in 2014. Used 4 of them at the very beginning and then buried them in my den, the last blade untouched until this morning. Combined with my Schick Krona it gave a nice shave. Nothing spectacular but no complaints either.

Sunday August 9th, 2020

proxy.php
ONE MORE FOR ARKO-SHARKO!

My first Shark Week ever and very jazzed to be a part of it! I’m going Sharko Arko as I’m also doing Arko August. I’m sure some sharks swim in warm water but I’m swimming with the cold water sharks so did a cold water shave this evening with:

24mm Yaqi Black Marble synthetic, Arko puck, a ‘65 Gillette SS with a mighty fine Shark Super Chrome, and wrapped things up with a brisk couple of splashes of some decanted Skin Bracer. First day of Shark Week is in the tank!

87DC7309-46C5-480D-A6BA-10B63CB5B7AD.jpeg
BF7C6C48-E4E4-43FC-B831-8E812C360499.jpeg
F9E251AE-59D6-4EEF-B9CC-6F657BED7A2B.jpeg
201E6400-144D-432B-8731-C9DF5D0FC53A.jpeg

My first Shark Week ever and very jazzed to be a part of it! I’m going Sharko Arko as I’m also doing Arko August. I’m sure some sharks swim in warm water but I’m swimming with the cold water sharks so did a cold water shave this evening with:

24mm Yaqi Black Marble synthetic, Arko puck, a ‘65 Gillette SS with a mighty fine Shark Super Chrome, and wrapped things up with a brisk couple of splashes of some decanted Skin Bracer. First day of Shark Week is in the tank!

View attachment 1137499View attachment 1137500View attachment 1137501View attachment 1137502

No need to worry about Greenland sharks, as they don't prey on live swimmers. But the salmon shark could be an issue.. no documented attacks on people, but they are related to great whites, so you never know...And of course the Great White can tolerate cold water, so......

I prefer to be around hammerheads since I'm a warm water guy..

I'd like to participate; do have Shark SS and Chrome blades, I actually like them.
Head and face shaves every 2-3days..... might even use the Leaf with Shark half blades one day.
Postponed today to shave both head and face tomorrow.....razor....maybe fatip Lo Sorto? or RR GC OC, or and adjustable if I get the ones I recently bought (1969 superadjustable).....
Cheers

Top Bottom