Brush: Simpson's Butterscotch Chubby 2 Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso Red
Lather: Noble Otter Monarch
Aftershave: Mennen Skin Bracer
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder

20200807_081857.jpg

I had a full 2 days growth so I decided to venture into the water early. A .68 JAWS, Shark SS, MWF and some shave oil. I now remember why there was only one blade missing from the tuck. Not as sharp as I am used to but still provided a reasonably comfortable DFS. I am sure shave 2 on the Shark will be smoother. A splash of Old Spice with 0 burn means no damage done. No blood in the water on this day.

Day 1: 34c, Arko, Shark SS (1), Semogue 610.

The shave went OK. Smooth blade but not sharp enough to be a good pair with the mild 34c for me. I just wanted to use a combination that I know well so as to understand better how the blade behaves. I'll switch to the Progress tomorrow and raise the aggression a bit.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
"Step right up and see the trained Sharks..."

ARKO-SHARKO

70s Super Speed
Shark stainless (4)
Wild West Brushworks 24mm Cashmere
ARKO
St John's Lime A/S
CeraVe moisturizer

Soft soap...soft brush...soft citrus scent...soft skin...everything is soft except for the SHARK.

Day 1: Shark Crome, Proraso cream, Merkur 46C (on the road), Mondial 1903(I believe).

Very close and comfortable. I miss working out of a scuttle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in for Arko August so all my shaves will be with Arko. Tools: Arko soap, EJ DE89, & Turn n Shave synthetic brush with the Boss Knot. The Boss knot whipped up a nice lather quickly. The Shark SS blade made short work of my stubble. I received a very nice close shave with the EJ DE89 holding the Shark SS blade. No blood or irritation from this combo. I followed up with a splash of generic Witch Hazel. It doesn't get better than this.! :thumbup1:

JAWS (.84) SS Shark and B&M Waves with D01-2 band brush for the first day of shark week. Do I see a trend for the week? Not quite smooth but hardly terrible. No blood in the water today.

Last night I had a Shark shave.

Proraso White Pre-Shave
Rockwell 6S
Shark Super Stainless
Edwin Jagger Super Badger
TOBS Coconut plus MWF & Glycerine
Gentleman Jim Alum Block
Nivea Aftershave Balm for Sensitive Skin followed several minutes later by
First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream
Kouros cologne.

Tonight will be official shave #1 for Shark Week!

Btw, last night’s shave was. Close, smooth and comfortable. It was the third shave on that blade.

New blade (to me at least): Shark SS (day 1)

Nervous given the risks here!

(Especially as there is to be a Mike Tyson Vs. Jaws match-up this week!!) I cannot compete with either.

My last blade was a sublime GSB, which is about as good as it gets for me. So the baseline is set high!

Took every precaution:
Wolfman WR1/WRH2 handle in SS to match the Shark SS.
Haslingers aloe vera soap (from my old ‘tallow‘ stash).
Simpsons classic 2 brush.
Fine Platinum splash (because platinum goes with SS).

Surprisingly good shave: 9/10!! NO blood in the water!! :a29:

JAWS (.84) SS Shark and B&M Waves with D01-2 band brush for the first day of shark week. Do I see a trend for the week? Not quite smooth but hardly terrible. No blood in the water today.

JAWS + Shark!! YIKES!!

(You are one tough guy!!) :shaving:

I'm in for Arko August so all my shaves will be with Arko. Tools: Arko soap, EJ DE89, & Turn n Shave synthetic brush with the Boss Knot. The Boss knot whipped up a nice lather quickly. The Shark SS blade made short work of my stubble. I received a very nice close shave with the EJ DE89 holding the Shark SS blade. No blood or irritation from this combo. I followed up with a splash of generic Witch Hazel. It doesn't get better than this.! :thumbup1:

Congratulations!! You survived!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Shave #1 on Saturday before dinner. One day of growth. My face was still still slightly red from over two hours of Hurricane Isaias brush removal in the heat.
  • GC .84 SB
  • Myrsol Blue
  • Semogue 2015 HD
  • Shark Platinum
  • Truefitt & Hill 1805
Close and smooth with close to zero irritation. Significant audible feedback. Overall, a very good shave.

And no blood in the water. Off to a good start!

Top Bottom