What's new

SE SOTD- What was your tool of choice today?

Fri 9th Aug.

PAA Starling V2-OC & Gem S/S [ 2 ]

IMG_0614.jpg

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
A day late posting this.
Magazine Repeating Razor (aka Schick Type A) | Proline B (3) | Stirling MITA | Razorock 24mm Plissoft | Thayers Rose Witch Hazel | Krampert's Finest Frostbite

IMG_2029.jpg

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
:001_wub: beautiful razor. Do you load the clip with the B20s? Or just slide one in?
Thank you!!! I hand load it in with a pair of needle nose pliers (the Prolines seem to be conveniently lubed up for the job. I don't have a clip, and I'm not sure I'm mechanically-inclined enough to be able to load it into the clip and use it. I've seen a few videos, but I had problems loading my PEZ dispenser as a kid, so I'm thinking magazine loaders may be above my skill level :lol1:.

I have to say that this razor has helped throw fuel on my RAD. It was an impulse purchase on our BST (which I check way too religiously). I got it because it's old and I don't have one....I figured I'd try shaving with it, but hand-loading blades and given it is the very first model Schick, it would probably just be a "safe queen" (or more apt to this forum, a "medicine cabinet queen"). But I was really blown away by how comfortable it was in the hand and how well it shaves. So that has given my quirky brain more fuel for the fire when I see something that I don't have....maybe it will be a stellar shaver....better pick it up!!!

Gem Damaskeene OC/Gem PTFE (20ish).

Another smooth shave. Just have to learn to get my trouble spots around my jaw line. I’m also rather impressed with this PTFE blade, especially at around 20 shaves in.

Thank you!!! I hand load it in with a pair of needle nose pliers (the Prolines seem to be conveniently lubed up for the job. I don't have a clip, and I'm not sure I'm mechanically-inclined enough to be able to load it into the clip and use it. I've seen a few videos, but I had problems loading my PEZ dispenser as a kid, so I'm thinking magazine loaders may be above my skill level :lol1:.

I have to say that this razor has helped throw fuel on my RAD. It was an impulse purchase on our BST (which I check way too religiously). I got it because it's old and I don't have one....I figured I'd try shaving with it, but hand-loading blades and given it is the very first model Schick, it would probably just be a "safe queen" (or more apt to this forum, a "medicine cabinet queen"). But I was really blown away by how comfortable it was in the hand and how well it shaves. So that has given my quirky brain more fuel for the fire when I see something that I don't have....maybe it will be a stellar shaver....better pick it up!!!

I really like the shave from my type B, although I need to tighten the head a little bit because it tilts on me mid shave sometimes.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
A day late posting this.
Magazine Repeating Razor (aka Schick Type A) | Proline B (3) | Stirling MITA | Razorock 24mm Plissoft | Thayers Rose Witch Hazel | Krampert's Finest Frostbite

View attachment 1006227
Oldie Goldie Schick you have there Fred, I just purchased a couple of Schicks to add to my ever larger collection of razors also and Rad flares up with me once in a while like so many others.
Schick makes excellent products and with the Schick proline blades or the Personna injector blades the cost of shaving with Schicks are the same as Gillette blades or better than other blade systems, yet the shave can even be closer & irritation free than a lot of other blade systems IMO.
Glade your enjoying another new purchase for your collection.
Have some great shaves!

Ron R

Gem 1912 MFG 1928 (2).jpg :thumbup:
Gem Brass & gold 1912 (MFG 1928) :a17: Gem Personna SS PTFE (2)
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS=:001_rolle
Alum Block indicates a little irritation=;)

Razor: Supply Single Edge 2.0
Blade: Schick Injector
Brush: Supply Silvertip Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso Red
Lather: Essence of Scotland Malt and Myrtle
Aftershave: Pinaud Whiskey Woods
Additional Care:
Pinaud Finest powder

SOTD 08/09/2019

loading the clips are not hard. just press down on empty key and push blades in.kind of like you do now....you could do it....

Thanks! I have a Schick B with a cartridge....I'll give it a try when I that one comes up for rotation.
yeah to reload a empty key is actually simple the trick i used to put a blade back when i was just learning the injectors because i was seeing how it worked and popped a blade out was to press down with a tiny jewelers screw driver almost all the way at the opposite end from where blade comes out and then just slid the blade back in making sure to NOT rub the sharp edge on the metal of the injector to avoid damaging the sharp edge. then since its not all the way back yet use the jewelers driver and pull the blade the rest of the way in using the slots in the blade... repeat until you have filled the injector...simple.

I envy you that one. I have a B & C, which are both great to Shave with - not just Antiques.

Ron R

Damaskeene OC 1912-15(2).jpg
GEM Damaskeene 1912-15 open comb with strop attachment :a17: GEM Personna SS PTFE (3)
Results: CCS,DFS,BbS :001_smile Alum block indicates not much irritation=:001_smile

Top Bottom