What's new

Safety Razor of the Month: July 2017

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
1st shave with the new NEW. MdC Fougere.

Feathers are made for this mild-yet-close shaver ... I have a couple dozen razors at this point; NEW is the hands-down winner. You just can't nick or rash with this, and the shaves are very very smooth.

AA
I agree. So comfortable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I thought the OLD was where it's at, and it is- once your technique is good. Rash City awaits the careless or unskilled.

I think any new shaver could step right into a NEW with zero problems ...

AA

IMG_0660.JPG

This is my favorite setup so far. The NEW Deluxe gets me to 90% BBS in one pass. A little cleanup under the jaw, and I'm good. I've only used the Deluxe, LC, and SC so far. Still need to try the RFB and English Flat Bottom that came yesterday. Actually got all these in the last 2 1/2 weeks.
IMG_0703.JPG
IMG_0697.JPG

Definitely only NEW's for a while.
1 LC
2 Deluxe's
3 SC
1 RFB
1 English Flat Bottom
Will be fun looking for favorites!

View attachment 803647

This is my favorite setup so far. The NEW Deluxe gets me to 90% BBS in one pass. A little cleanup under the jaw, and I'm good. I've only used the Deluxe, LC, and SC so far. Still need to try the RFB and English Flat Bottom that came yesterday. Actually got all these in the last 2 1/2 weeks.
View attachment 803649 View attachment 803648

1 LC
2 Deluxe's
3 SC
1 RFB
1 English Flat Bottom

Very nice stash of NEWs. And some nice cases too.

I agree about the DeLuxe. They are terrific shavers! Especially with a Feather in... for me.

View attachment 803647

1 LC
2 Deluxe's
3 SC
1 RFB
1 English Flat Bottom
Great looking razors. A New for every day of the week and two on Sunday

My nickel plated short comb NEW came with a thin bar handle which I don't really like, so I paired it with the fat handle from my pre war Tech. This is a great combination, almost as good as an Old type with a fat handle.

2017-07-10 19.48.02.jpg

My nickel plated short comb NEW came with a thin bar handle which I don't really like, so I paired it with the fat handle from my pre war Tech. This is a great combination, almost as good as an Old type with a fat handle.
I agree on both points. I really dislike the thin Common Bar handle, and I think the fat Tech handle, like black shoes, goes with everything. White socks too, but my wife disagrees ;-)

Short Comb Common Bar Handle
Vintage Schick Krona Edge (12)

I will agree the Fat Tech handle is better, but I have no issues with the common bar. I prefer it to the ball end, better length and balance IMHO.

KeenDogg

View attachment 803647

1 LC
2 Deluxe's
3 SC
1 RFB
1 English Flat Bottom
Lots of fun! Good luck picking!
View attachment 803734 SROTM July 12
New LC
Dorco Prime
Cremo Cooling
Razorock Plissoft 22
Thayers Cucumber WH
Aqua Velva Ice Blue AS
Very classy!

View attachment 803793

Great Combo!

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
This is yesterday's shave. I seem to be running a day behind. :)

RFB NEW, Astra SP, RR 400, homemade Amoretto Sour soap, Lucky Tiger. Fabulous shave!

IMG_0535.JPG

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Gotta get me a RFB!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Like those RFBs!!!

Thanks guys! A while back, I found a 7 O'Clock Flat Bottom NEW, and really loved the smooth and efficient shave. Of course the enablers on here said "if you like that, you have to try an RFB!" So several months and a half dozen Flat Bottom NEW's later, I was able to get a beat up old #88 RFB two-piece set. That just took the shave to a whole new level. Super smooth. Very close shaves. And they look oh so great! Now I have about a half dozen RFB's too. 77's, 88's, 44's. Some day I will have to sell off the extras. But for now I like looking at them.

One more shave at home tomorrow. Then I'm off camping for the rest of the month, so I will be using my beater NEW in the Altoids tin case. I will have to pick a good one for tomorrow. :)

Acquired this one earlier this week. A LC NEW made in England which still needs to be cleaned. Has a slightly bent corner tooth (which I'll leave as is) and a skew solder work (looks like someone fixed it) on the handle, so it's a slant :p I actually prefer having a user grade razor as a regular use one and it gives it some character :)

Gillette NEW England.jpg

KeenDogg

Yesterday:
New LC
GSB(1)
Haslinger's Ringelblumen
Burl/Alumite Silvertip
Captain's Choice Bay Rum Balm
Seaforth! Mug
20170715_113642.jpg

Another great shave, with just a minor irritation to the chin. I find this combo to be ultra comfortable. I'm in a place right now where I am focusing on comfort. I probably could have gotten closer but didn't want to push it. Smooth shaves, gents.

Adam

Did a couple days with a new to me RFB, and a Nacet blade that had one prior use. Ok, but not great. Checked the blade in a Deluxe, and it was once again excellent.

Last shave put a semi used Feather in the RFB, and that was a great improvement.

Fun trying to find the great matchups.

Top Bottom