What's new

Safety Razor of the Month: July 2017

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
The SROTM for July will be the Gilette NEW!!!! Just to give a heads up. It can be the Long or Short Comb.

Kindly,
Adam

I'll see if I can acquire one, if not I will see what the next SROTM is. I really enjoyed last month's 40s Style SS. Hope to see you all in July.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Adam, I picked up what I believe is a Ball end New for $3 today. I hope this meets the qualification.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1,015.9 KB · Views: 26

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
NEW SC it is then!

All cleaned up and awaiting final polishing.

IMG_1427.JPG

IMG_1419.JPG

Out of curiosity, or more accurately necessity, whats involved in this Safety Razor of the Month?

KeenDogg

Sounds fun! :thumbup:
So are the NEW based Goodwills fair game too?
I'd probably side with Achim and put them into a separate category. But hey, we had a few millord users last round! As long as everything stays positive and relaxed, why not?

KeenDogg

Everything old is NEW again!! Great choice Adam.:a14:

Thank you, my friend!

Darn! I guess I'll just have to sit this one out and pop in wistfully, lol.
Still time to pick one up!

View attachment 797507 View attachment 797507 View attachment 797509 Adam, I picked up what I believe is a Ball end New for $3 today. I hope this meets the qualification.

Yes! Ball End, Long Comb! My favorite.

I don't have one. :a36:

My only NEW is a NEW Improved. That's NEW enough for me!
Absolutely. They are such a classy razor and it almost finds the angle for you.
NEW SC it is then!

All cleaned up and awaiting final polishing.

View attachment 797530

View attachment 797531

Out of curiosity, or more accurately necessity, whats involved in this Safety Razor of the Month?

We talk about them, use them, share pictures. We can talk about history of the world at that time, design; petty much anything to do with the razor and the time period. It's a casual affair!

Kindly,
Adam

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Just had my second shave with the NEW SC with a 7 O'Clock black blade. My usual 2 pass + shave, but this blade gave me issues on my neck the same as it did last shave with the Tech. It doesnt seem as sharp as the Polsilvers to me.

Anyway, I took some comparison pictures of the NEW SC and the NEW LC for anyone that may be curious. SC on the left in every pic, and the LC is, or was until I used it, NIB gold plated and Made in Canada.

IMG_1452.jpg

IMG_1455.jpg

IMG_1447.jpg

IMG_1459.jpg

IMG_1458.jpg

IMG_1462.jpg

Thanks once again to rabidus for the NEW SC and the very nice Tech. The Tech is becoming my favorite of them all, and with the NEW SC being just as rigid a design, but considerably more aggressive, between the two I'm not sure I'd have a need for another razor. It's a shame I dont get along with the LC it's a very nice razor.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Sweet. I have a few NEWs to use during this event! I will be spending two weeks down at the National Boy Scout Jamboree in WV during July. So I will pack at least one NEW in my kit! Should be an appropriate choice for that occasion.

Here are a few candidates for July's festivities. L-R: 7 O'Clock Brit Flat Bottom, Gillette Brit Flat Bottom, Delta Echo LC, Gold SC, LC, RFB

2017-06-20 14.09.24.jpg

2017-06-20 14.10.04.jpg

Timely! I'm now using my NEW DeLuxe bar handle....

proxy.php

There's a RFB around here as well....

proxy.php

Or a Belmont DeLuxe...

proxy.php

Or a NEW B&W set

proxy.php

Or a NEW Oxford French set...

proxy.php

Another RFB, three-piece #44 set

proxy.php

A NEW DeLuxe Criterion set...

proxy.php

Last edited:
Got this Deluxe today. The handle needs some fixing, but otherwise it's in pretty nice condition.

It's of the '15mm' variety - keen to see how it compares against my 17mm.

NEW Deluxe 15mm.jpg

Top Bottom