What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
View attachment 1001296 Not actively collecting these days, but it never hurts to keep your eyes open for a deal you can't resist. The seller had a few poor pics posted and was kind of hard to get ahold of, but my efforts paid off.

I shall resist the urge to gloat about what I paid for this package, but I don't mind that Psycho that's soaking is quite rough. The rest didn't need much more than a cleaning.

Not so crazy on gold, so I'll probably move those along. Might have to make room for others from the same collector. Nothing wrong with another road trip. : )
Wow! I'd love to find a score like that! Top notch!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Picked up what appears to be a Barbasol Floating Head for $8 and it looks to be in good condition besides grubby!
proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks to be the non floating head Barbasol but it is hard to tell for sure without being able to see guard completely. They both look similar except floating heads have a channel in the guard while the non floatings heads are curved.

Here is a picture showing the difference.
The floating head is the one on the right.
23D36798-92C7-4227-B83A-ADFB7792E219.jpeg

That looks to be the non floating head Barbasol but it is hard to tell for sure without being able to see guard completely. They both look similar except floating heads have a channel in the guard while the non floatings heads are curved.

Here is a picture showing the difference.
The floating head is the one on the right.
View attachment 1001529

I should have it in a week so we will see!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frankenrazor addition. And another with an etched tech cap. This makes an nice replacement handle for an cracked old type handle that I have. As an bonus I got an NEW LC made in England baseplate. Can't recall seeing those very often. Maybe I can find an proper handle and top cap for it.

I had and sold a mint UK made NEW LC recently....they are beauties and shave brilliantly.

It is eerily quiet around the Northstonehill headquarters these days as I experience a sudden remission in my RAD. So while I consider what will be my next white whale I jumped at @tonich’s fine offer for a great condition thin handle British tech. It will replace the lesser condition specimen which constitutes my travel shave set. The thin handle makes for a perfect balance in this modest little gem :thumbup1:

7766C577-5363-44A5-BB68-988A76398DD3.jpeg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
View attachment 1001296 Not actively collecting these days, but it never hurts to keep your eyes open for a deal you can't resist. The seller had a few poor pics posted and was kind of hard to get ahold of, but my efforts paid off.

I shall resist the urge to gloat about what I paid for this package, but I don't mind that Psycho that's soaking is quite rough. The rest didn't need much more than a cleaning.

Not so crazy on gold, so I'll probably move those along. Might have to make room for others from the same collector. Nothing wrong with another road trip. : )
Great haul, congratulations.

It is eerily quiet around the Northstonehill headquarters these days as I experience a sudden remission in my RAD. So while I consider what will be my next white whale I jumped at @tonich’s fine offer for a great condition thin handle British tech. It will replace the lesser condition specimen which constitutes my travel shave set. The thin handle makes for a perfect balance in this modest little gem :thumbup1:

View attachment 1001567
Peter, that case looks to be as nice as the razor. I bet you are ready to pack your bags again for another holiday!

View attachment 1001567
I had one and sold it, biggest regret to date. I like those old bakelite cases, very eye catching colors.

Top Bottom