What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

This is not good. This is just clone.
You can tell lack of quality just by looking at the photos.

In 1980th about 30% of 260 mln people of USSR could not purchase Gillette products. So quite intensive industry was created. This model is really good quality longlife razor.
Jubilee model was produced for ~30 years and was one of the most expensive razors in USSR.

Last edited:
In 1980th about 30% of 260 mln people of USSR could not purchase Gillette products. So quite intensive industry was created. This model is really good quality longlife razor.
Jubilee model was produced for ~30 years and was one of the most expensive razors in USSR.
That is a pretty good story, reminding me that there were plenty of ways in which necessity and desire drive innovation and invention. I’ve seen it in firearms, machinery, and of course razors. The Le Taillefer Single Ring is the spitting image of the Gillette 102, not only in the design, but the packaging and presentation as well.
Cool story about the Jubilee.

What's up everyone? It's been a while but I saw a few razors that tickled my fancy so...
1st up is a Valencia 501A slant in a Rolland Coutellerie case and sporting a Valencia branded blade bank. The Valencia is a helical slant produced by Leresche and came in both long and short screw versions. This one is a long screw and looks extra scary but I'm excited to try it!

Also grabbed a clean Probak since they have always interested me!

Wonderful scores, Chris - thanks for sharing the great photos.

Good to have you back, been too long, sir!

Just classified new position in my collection: Jubilee (Юбилейная) Adjustable Safety Razor in original box. GOOD Gillette clone made in USSR.

This is late edition of this model.
proxy.php
proxy.php
Great piece of history. Have you tried it? How does it shave?

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Ya'll see what happens when I try being nice? This happens!!! :tongue: :D

Seller claims it's Canadian. Not sure about that but the barrel text is on the knob side but upside down so we shall see...
Dang! The Bulldog Whisperer strikes again!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

R

romsitsa

Ya'll see what happens when I try being nice? This happens!!! :tongue: :D

Seller claims it's Canadian. Not sure about that but the barrel text is on the knob side but upside down so we shall see...

Is it a Military set in a No 00 case?

Adam

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
Is it a Military set in a No 00 case?

Adam

I think it's a No.00 hodge pogde, Adam. No mirror so not a No.17 and gold logo the razor is wrong to the case. It matters not. I grabbed it for the Canadian Bulldog and the accessories! :)

Hello, I wasn't expecting the two of you till next week.

20190614_142809.jpg
20190614_142842.jpg
20190614_142905.jpg

The Pro Gaurds, Alpha Ecliptic and Prismatic are for me. I will leave the Black Bakelite OC Slant in the box because a friend asked me to order it for him since I was placing an order.

The prismatic was one of my favorite razors until rot took away one of the guards.

I shaved with the Ecliptic and Prismatic this morning I can see why it was one of your favorites. Did you get another to replace it. This one is nickel plated and I thought they used to be chrome plated but I could be mistaken.

I shaved with the Ecliptic and Prismatic this morning I can see why it was one of your favorites. Did you get another to replace it. This one is nickel plated and I thought they used to be chrome plated but I could be mistaken.
It was at least a year before I noticed the rot. Mine was nickel also and performed well until the side went. I PIF'd it to someone thinking about getting one because one side was still usable

Top Bottom