What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

Just ordered this guy. 25% off as well if you use the DAD2019 code for father's day. Can't wait for it to arrive!
proxy.php

Sent from my SCV36 using Tapatalk

Just ordered this guy. 25% off as well if you use the DAD2019 code for father's day. Can't wait for it to arrive!
proxy.php

Wow, maybe there some picture effects going on there, but that is one tough looking razor. Love the darker grey tint. Is it mild or agressive?

Awesome deal... 25% off is nothing to scoff at. [emoji846]

Ordered a NSC, based on the rave reviews were (especially from Mawashi). I believe I got a good deal ($20 with shipping off the bay). I guess I'll know for sure when it arrives and I inspect it. [emoji16]
proxy.php

Yeah, looks like the handle is pretty fat. I like their apparel as well. If I end up enjoying the razor, might get a t-shirt or two from their company.

D398215D-D820-46E5-9D2C-7A3919988F9C.jpeg
Antique store finds today, believe a 40’s Gillette Aristocrat, 62 black handle, and a Christy. Guess just thought the Christy was cool so had to have. And then this old stropper/honer, it was in with all the kitchen utensils. Guess they thought was a potato peeler, didn’t pay for it though. Guy asked if I wanted it and said no, he put it in the bag anyway. Is there anyway to get all the rust off?, had to ask. The Aritocrat has a crack in the handle, but think will still be a good shave and clean up well.

View attachment 988772 Antique store finds today, believe a 40’s Gillette Aristocrat, 62 black handle, and a Christy. Guess just thought the Christy was cool so had to have. And then this old stropper/honer, it was in with all the kitchen utensils. Guess they thought was a potato peeler, didn’t pay for it though. Guy asked if I wanted it and said no, he put it in the bag anyway. Is there anyway to get all the rust off?, had to ask. The Aritocrat has a crack in the handle, but think will still be a good shave and clean up well.
That's not an Aristocrat. Its a Gillette Big boy from the 1930's. Quite a nice score.

Stuck out at the antique stores yesterday but had a busy day of trading with a buddy of mine. He threw in the willioms mug and Stirling pharaohs dream sickle soaps for helping him out up a shelf for some of his shaving gear. And my Feather B20s came today witch was a surprise, tracking from Japan said estimated delivery July 27th. And

20190610_221332.jpg

Gem deluxe feather weight.

20190610_221305.jpg

Gem 1914

20190610_221244.jpg

Star lather catcher.

20190610_221224.jpg

Gem Damaskeene

20190610_220951.jpg

Gem Jr Bar.

20190610_220900.jpg

Stuck out at the antique stores yesterday but had a busy day of trading with a buddy of mine. He threw in the willioms mug and Stirling pharaohs dream sickle soaps for helping him out up a shelf for some of his shaving gear. And my Feather B20s came today witch was a surprise, tracking from Japan said estimated delivery July 27th. And

View attachment 989454

Gem deluxe feather weight.

View attachment 989455

Gem 1914

View attachment 989456

Star lather catcher.

View attachment 989457
Gem Damaskeene

View attachment 989458

Gem Jr Bar.

View attachment 989459

Nice haul! Congrats, and enjoy them!

Everyone's got some impressive stuff here, and I'm just here with my cheap little collection....

Added a Mentor with the Barber Poll Handle (mostly because I LOVED the handle), and a Yaqi Mellon with a "the Dao" handle (from Ebay) to my Standard Aluminum. Already shaved with the Mentor as it came first and it's a much nicer shave than the Standard, the weight made it so much easier to me...

Also thought it was cool that the Dao Handle came with this sweet leather travel case.

proxy.php
proxy.php

Just classified new position in my collection: Jubilee (Юбилейная) Adjustable Safety Razor in original box. GOOD Gillette clone made in USSR.

This is late edition of this model.
proxy.php
proxy.php

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Nice scores everyone. Nice to see that everyone has been busy and adding to their collections and sharing them with us. Thanks.

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
What's up everyone? It's been a while but I saw a few razors that tickled my fancy so...
1st up is a Valencia 501A slant in a Rolland Coutellerie case and sporting a Valencia branded blade bank. The Valencia is a helical slant produced by Leresche and came in both long and short screw versions. This one is a long screw and looks extra scary but I'm excited to try it!

Also grabbed a clean Probak since they have always interested me!

Top Bottom