What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

Long handle mod for the Gibbs. 101.4g .
proxy.php

A couple of recent acquisitions. firstly an unbranded sort of Old Type clone that came in a chrome case.
IMG_1418.JPG

IMG_1422.JPG

And then this long-sought-for piece of loveliness. Actually I should have done a 'before' pic because it was hidden under a load of gunk and grime, also needed a tweak to get the doors opening and closing evenly.
Scrubbed up tidy and moves smoothly now.
IMG_1432.JPG

IMG_1423.JPG

IMG_1424.JPG

IMG_1431.JPG

And since the Aristocrat fits in the box...
IMG_1433.JPG

I run that handle on many of 3-piece razors, and because I have one with a large ferrule and one with the small ferrule, it fits with any comb.

This came in the mail yesterday from the Bay. A no name 3 piece slant razor with travel case (not shown). The case and every thing in it, except the razor, are marked Germany. I don't think the razor came with the case.
However, it wasn't until I had it in my hands that I realized it's a Duel Shaver. Look at the safety bar in both photos, one side has 10 grooves, the other has 15. The side with 10 is milder.
duel slant 1.jpg duel slant 2.jpg
The photos are from the E-Bay Seller.
Does any one know of any German made Duel Shaver Slant Razors?
Nickle plated pot metal I believe. The handle looks like an Apollo but the markings are a little different.
This shaves great as I used the milder side around my mouth and chin. Could become a daily shaver.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
A couple of recent acquisitions. firstly an unbranded sort of Old Type clone that came in a chrome case.
View attachment 946477
View attachment 946479

And then this long-sought-for piece of loveliness. Actually I should have done a 'before' pic because it was hidden under a load of gunk and grime, also needed a tweak to get the doors opening and closing evenly.
View attachment 946481
View attachment 946482
View attachment 946484
View attachment 946486
View attachment 946487
Excellent work!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

View attachment 946477
View attachment 946479

View attachment 946481
View attachment 946482
View attachment 946484
View attachment 946486
View attachment 946487

Man, that is one sweet OC Crat :punk:

This came in the mail yesterday from the Bay. A no name 3 piece slant razor with travel case (not shown). The case and every thing in it, except the razor, are marked Germany. I don't think the razor came with the case.
However, it wasn't until I had it in my hands that I realized it's a Duel Shaver. Look at the safety bar in both photos, one side has 10 grooves, the other has 15. The side with 10 is milder.
View attachment 946502 View attachment 946503
The photos are from the E-Bay Seller.
Does any one know of any German made Duel Shaver Slant Razors?
Nickle plated pot metal I believe. The handle looks like an Apollo but the markings are a little different.
This shaves great as I used the milder side around my mouth and chin. Could become a daily shaver.
Found out today this is a Lutz style, no name, duel, slant. A lot of them where sold under many names and with no names.
There are also a lot of issues with the caps and base plates. On mine the base plate has a little wiggle room which lead me to think the aggressive side (10 grooves) was the mild side.
Today I took the time to line up the cap and base plate and had a comfortable and enjoyable shave. I like this razor.
However, from what I've read no two of these razors are alike. YMMV Wildly.
So be aware should you ever come across one.

Gorgeous opening E2, a few blades missing but shows as new. And a beautifully weird Senator (or Sena-ton). No idea how to explain the two tone thing going on here. Mamba 70 also arrived but y'all know what that looks like.
proxy.php
proxy.php

Top Bottom