What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

Good taste, Peter...

I miss a SR though...:001_rolle

Thanks JM! - You may well be right, sir! - Also to be tested when I stumble upon them: 1930s Aristocrat open comb, Darwin whatever. Here’s hopin’!

In my mind the most beautiful DE of all (bar none!) is a great condition rhodium ‘30s Aristocrat OC like the below (not mine, pic found online). Since I discovered Personna Reds for more aggressive razors I am confident that I can handle those also!

53F2A36D-5B86-4597-830D-880609683683.jpeg

Thanks JM! - You may well be right, sir! - Also to be tested when I stumble upon them: 1930s Aristocrat open comb, Darwin whatever. Here’s hopin’!

In my mind the most beautiful DE of all (bar none!) is a great condition rhodium ‘30s Aristocrat OC like the below (not mine, pic found online). Since I discovered Personna Reds for more aggressive razors I am confident that I can handle those also!

View attachment 943574

Those Aristocrats are EXTREMELY beautiful indeed! I've got, ahem, a couple of them... Shiny!
Yet I find them less "comfortable" when shaving, especially with a Feather in!:D

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz

View attachment 943574
Woweeeeee!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Those Aristocrats are EXTREMELY beautiful indeed! I've got, ahem, a couple of them... Shiny!
Yet I find them less "comfortable" when shaving, especially with a Feather in!:D

Agree, Feathers in these old more aggressive models are not for me either. That’s why, after being a religious 100% Feather user since I started DE shaving, I took Chris Evatt’s advice and tried the Personnas. I just have to say - they are awesome for closer shavers, I love them. So I will continue to use Feathers in all my mild razors but great to have this further variety!!!

You’re one lucky son of a gun to own these ;)! Please share some pics of your old beauties, sir - I need some eye candy as RAD is biting!

Agree, Feathers in these old more aggressive models are not for me either. That’s why, after being a religious 100% Feather user since I started DE shaving, I took Chris Evatt’s advice and tried the Personnas. I just have to say - they are awesome for closer shavers, I love them. So I will continue to use Feathers in all my mild razors but great to have this further variety!!!

You’re one lucky son of a gun to own these ;)! Please share some pics of your old beauties, sir - I need some eye candy as RAD is biting!

Thanks, Peter.. I'll look for the pics and post them.
Yet I'm not sure it'll help your RAD...

For 'uncomfortable' razors I'm using Astra green lately, but I must have some Personna blades, as they were among my first blades when I began this... journey. A Feather in a not too wild SR is a joy!

Very nice indeed! - But didn’t I see a post from you in a thread somewhere that you were going to own only 4 razors? :lol1:

Well, welcome, sir - that vintage rabbit hole is a deep one, I’m in it too - Enjoy!

Thank you kindly! The four razor person wasn't me, though. I just started, so until today I've only had a single razor.

Top Bottom