What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

This baby arrived today, my very first 40s style SS. Honestly I find it as beautiful as an Aristocrat. Can't wait to try it out.:001_wub:

IMG_1928.JPG

For the last couple of months, my RAD has been on hold, partly due to the lack of razors in my area worth buying. But mostly due to a new disorder, Cast Iron cookware. The force is strong with this one, I wouldn't wish it on anyone. :a15:
Well, after last weekend, I'm back! My wife and I went out to the flea markets and estate sales, like we do most weekends. This time I think I found something at every place we went to.

View attachment 784944

And then today I stopped at a small flea market on the way home and found these.

View attachment 784953

MAN!!! Congrats! I have to say that I'm more than a little envious of the estate sale heaven you guys are in. I am yet to find a single DE in any estate sale or antique store this side of the pond.

...Or maybe you are just more skilled than me in sniffing out the good stuff :thumbup1:

MAN!!! Congrats! I have to say that I'm more than a little envious of the estate sale heaven you guys are in. I am yet to find a single DE in any estate sale or antique store this side of the pond.

...Or maybe you are just more skilled than me in sniffing out the good stuff :thumbup1:
It depends on where you live i guess. I usually
find nothing every time I go to sales.

It depends on where you live i guess. I usually
find nothing every time I go to sales.

My wife and I have started looking for some estate sales to go to in our area, but so many of them start on a Friday morning, meaning that by the time we could get there on a Saturday, other folks who didn't have to go to work that Friday have had a whole day to pick it over.

I can't complain too much, as I've had pretty good luck at the antique stores I've been to. I'm still waiting to find that honey hole antique store, with a bunch of under priced, hard to find, vintage Gillettes. I'm not holding my breath, but I remain eternally hopeful!

To be honest, I don't find much at Estate sales and true Antique shops are mostly overpriced, I usually find most of them at Flea markets. I certainly wouldn't consider myself skilled, it's more like 1/2 luck, 1/2 dedication, and 1/2 obsession.

Oh, and nice Super Speed.

My wife and I have started looking for some estate sales to go to in our area, but so many of them start on a Friday morning, meaning that by the time we could get there on a Saturday, other folks who didn't have to go to work that Friday have had a whole day to pick it over.

I can't complain too much, as I've had pretty good luck at the antique stores I've been to. I'm still waiting to find that honey hole antique store, with a bunch of under priced, hard to find, vintage Gillettes. I'm not holding my breath, but I remain eternally hopeful!

The Estate Sales around here start on Thursday morning at 8 AM. I had a day off one Thursday so I decided to get up early and go to one. It was about 30 deg. and starting to snow, I got there about 10 til 8 and there was already about 30 people in line, buy the time I got in the door, people were carrying out arm loads of stuff. Luckily, they discount everything 25% on Friday and 50% on Saturday so if they overprice it, I still have a chance on Saturday.

proxy.php

My razors just came in from a member here and they look great! There's 2 rockets, 2 English techs, a slim, a Schick TTO and a Culmak Spartan brush. I really don't know which I want to shave with first!

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
proxy.php

My razors just came in from a member here and they look great! There's 2 rockets, 2 English techs, a slim, a Schick TTO and a Culmak Spartan brush. I really don't know which I want to shave with first!
Excellent! Enjoy those.

Top Bottom