What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

timwcic

"Look what I found"
The reward for visiting one of my honeyhole thrift shops today. A complete Wardonia travel kit. Even has original blades and soap.

IMG_0615.JPG

IMG_0616.JPG

IMG_0619.JPG

IMG_0617.JPG

IMG_0618.JPG

The Black Beauty is a really a nice razor, I've never tried a black Super Speed, but I will when I find one. Congrats.
It is. I have the long handle version as well. I think i prefer this one. The black Super Speeds are great. This one is actually my second. To me they dont feel that much different than the regular flair tip SS

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Yesterday's estate sale haul. I landed another cheap Toggle.
View attachment 784154

My Parker Variant came in today.
It's no Toggle but I'm happy with it. Yes that was a jealous jab.
Lol nice find.
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picked up a Slim this weekend. With my SS acquisition a few weeks ago, I think I'm set with vintage razors for a bit.

View attachment 784505 View attachment 784506 View attachment 784507

Picked these up this weekend for the princely sum of $10.10.View attachment 784515

The reward for visiting one of my honeyhole thrift shops today. A complete Wardonia travel kit. Even has original blades and soap.

View attachment 784521

View attachment 784522

View attachment 784523

View attachment 784524

View attachment 784525

All very sweet scores! Love that Wardonia!

I recently was telling my dad about my Schone, and he had been raving about his razor from Stirling with the aggressive head, so last week we swapped 'em for a few days. Sadly, he didn't seem too impressed with the Schone. I, on the other hand, totally fell for the Stirling. Amazingly smooth shave with no problems.

As far as I've read on B&B, the Stirling razor is the same as Maggard's. I was going to buy from Stirling, but Maggard's had that free shipping over the weekend, in addition to some other samples that I wanted to buy. So Friday night (well into the wee hours) I loaded up my shopping cart with the MR6 handle and the V3A head, along with some aftershave samples.
Amazingly, the razor delivered yesterday. Holy cow that was quick, though I'm not terribly far from them.

So, I shaved with it last night, and I like this razor enough to know that I can get rid of some of my lesser-favorite modern razors that have now become redundant. Fortunately, I'm only mildly afflicted with RAD, and I definitely found what may become my "daily driver".

By the way, for $20 (or less, depending on what you get), the handle alone is not a bad deal at all, but throw in a head, and that's quite the bargain.

I recently was telling my dad about my Schone, and he had been raving about his razor from Stirling with the aggressive head, so last week we swapped 'em for a few days. Sadly, he didn't seem too impressed with the Schone. I, on the other hand, totally fell for the Stirling. Amazingly smooth shave with no problems.

As far as I've read on B&B, the Stirling razor is the same as Maggard's. I was going to buy from Stirling, but Maggard's had that free shipping over the weekend, in addition to some other samples that I wanted to buy. So Friday night (well into the wee hours) I loaded up my shopping cart with the MR6 handle and the V3A head, along with some aftershave samples.
Amazingly, the razor delivered yesterday. Holy cow that was quick, though I'm not terribly far from them.

So, I shaved with it last night, and I like this razor enough to know that I can get rid of some of my lesser-favorite modern razors that have now become redundant. Fortunately, I'm only mildly afflicted with RAD, and I definitely found what may become my "daily driver".

By the way, for $20 (or less, depending on what you get), the handle alone is not a bad deal at all, but throw in a head, and that's quite the bargain.
If you are only mildly affected with RAD, then you're not trying hard enough. Pick it up......

Picked these up on my lunch break today. A4 Red tip SS and a NDC SS (I think). I'm thinking about touching up the red on the red tip. I'm thinking model paint? Any reason I shouldn't?
IMG_20170425_161310827.jpg

Caleb; Dupli-Color Harvest Red is a perfect match for your 1955 TTO knob. If you send it to Captain Murphy on the site- he can ultrasonically clean both and polish, remove the center TTO rod on the A4, and paint the TTO knob separately. Nice Sir! God Bless! Tony Brown RN mgbbrown

Caleb; Dupli-Color Harvest Red is a perfect match for your 1955 TTO knob. If you send it to Captain Murphy on the site- he can ultrasonically clean both and polish, remove the center TTO rod on the A4, and paint the TTO knob separately. Nice Sir! God Bless! Tony Brown RN mgbbrown
Thanks, buddy! Not sure if I want to have it completely re-done. Its cleaned up pretty nice and is all even and locks up tight. I may or may not touch up the red.

Glad I could help Caleb! You may be able to mask off the handle and try it attached. God Bless! Tony Brown RN mgbbrown
I'm kinda leaning towards not. The red is a little banged up looking...But that's cool. It's just history and character. I'm a little impressed by how much heavier it is than other super speeds. I'm looking forward to using it.

For the last couple of months, my RAD has been on hold, partly due to the lack of razors in my area worth buying. But mostly due to a new disorder, Cast Iron cookware. The force is strong with this one, I wouldn't wish it on anyone. :a15:
Well, after last weekend, I'm back! My wife and I went out to the flea markets and estate sales, like we do most weekends. This time I think I found something at every place we went to.

2017-04-25 19.09.00.jpg

And then today I stopped at a small flea market on the way home and found these.

2017-04-26 18.18.33.jpg

Top Bottom