What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

... have you considered a #15?:001_rolle:ihih:

proxy.php
Here we go again! :lol:

I went to several garage sales today and I always ask and they look at me like I'm nuts. As I've said before I think I live in the wrong area.

Yeah, I get odd looks. Usually when buying them, the people can't get over that someone actually wants the old razors. I have been combing online ads for garage sales lately and then sending an email before going to the garage sale.

Excellent, sir, excellent! Of course, I am green with envy...

If that is your #15 Aristocrat, I am green of envy of you, good sir. :)

Went to the Liberty Antiques Festival Saturday with my lovely wife, and had a pretty good day:
IMG_20170430_222417.jpgIMG_20170430_222552.jpg IMG_20170430_222546.jpg IMG_20170430_222441.jpg IMG_20170430_222428.jpg IMG_20170430_222706.jpgIMG_20170430_222822.jpgIMG_20170430_222856.jpg
Picked up a Schick Krona, a NEW LC (with a newer Tech ball end handle), a GEM Jr., a '53 Super Speed, a Red Tip SS (still haven't looked at the date code), and '68 Black handle SS. Also got an Ever-Ready 150, in jade green and black (really been wanting one of these!), an Auto Strop, and a couple pucks of vintage Williams.

This was my best haul so far. We went on day 2 of the festival, so I probably missed out on some better razors, but ended up getting some really good deals. In September, we're going to take Friday off and go on day 1, so I don't feel like everything good got picked over.

I messed up the Krona - I put all the TTOs in a container with some Dawn, and then poured boiling water over them and let them soak most of the day. When I pulled out the Krona, the plastic handle had turned to a light gray color. Does anyone know how to restore that back to black?

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Went to the Liberty Antiques Festival Saturday with my lovely wife, and had a pretty good day:
View attachment 785857View attachment 785853 View attachment 785854 View attachment 785855 View attachment 785856 View attachment 785852View attachment 785858View attachment 785851
Picked up a Schick Krona, a NEW LC (with a newer Tech ball end handle), a GEM Jr., a '53 Super Speed, a Red Tip SS (still haven't looked at the date code), and '68 Black handle SS. Also got an Ever-Ready 150, in jade green and black (really been wanting one of these!), an Auto Strop, and a couple pucks of vintage Williams.

This was my best haul so far. We went on day 2 of the festival, so I probably missed out on some better razors, but ended up getting some really good deals. In September, we're going to take Friday off and go on day 1, so I don't feel like everything good got picked over.

I messed up the Krona - I put all the TTOs in a container with some Dawn, and then poured boiling water over them and let them soak most of the day. When I pulled out the Krona, the plastic handle had turned to a light gray color. Does anyone know how to restore that back to black?
Sweet haul! As far as the Krona, you may want to post out in the general discussion or the DE forum. That may help more people see your question.

Congrats!
Adam

timwcic

"Look what I found"
How did I do? Standard combination 00G, with brush, soap and blades. Soap is still wrapped but falling apart and did not want to take out of tube. Years ago I pickup an empty 00G box, now I have to find.

IMG_0641.JPG

IMG_0642.JPG

IMG_0643.JPG

IMG_0644.JPG

You scored!
This is a really beautiful and complete set, your box
will make it 100%.

Congratulations and Enjoy....

Cheers,
kevin

IMG_1467.JPG
Got these two for a great price as they looked pretty crusty online and limited information was available about them, other than the Slim was my birth year. Upon receiving, everything is superficial, and a good soak in shower cleaner and polish should make them shine like the day they were born!

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
How did I do? Standard combination 00G, with brush, soap and blades. Soap is still wrapped but falling apart and did not want to take out of tube. Years ago I pickup an empty 00G box, now I have to find.

View attachment 785918

View attachment 785919

View attachment 785920

View attachment 785921

View attachment 786034 Got these two for a great price as they looked pretty crusty online and limited information was available about them, other than the Slim was my birth year. Upon receiving, everything is superficial, and a good soak in shower cleaner and polish should make them shine like the day they were born!

Nice scores, gents!

Top Bottom