What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Looks pretty fresh, another cased NDC Super Speed made for the wire rack. As found, I might clean it someday.

full

full

Nice Doug- I don't see a date code, so methinks it is an early 1950's from the case. Beautiful Super Speed! God Bless! Tony Brown RN mgbbrown

Doug; I have been wanting to ask- what camera are you using? Your photographs are unparalleled! I have shot with Nikons pretty much all of my adult life. God Bless! Tony Brown RN mgbbrown

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Doug; I have been wanting to ask- what camera are you using? Your photographs are unparalleled! I have shot with Nikons pretty much all of my adult life. God Bless! Tony Brown RN mgbbrown

Thanks. My pics are from a cheapo Canon PowerShot A2200 I got used for about $50. I've used Nikons and then Leicas for years when I used 35mm film. I had a Nikon digital, nothing great, but it was stolen so I got something quick and dirty.

It's all about the lighting, Tony.

timwcic

"Look what I found"
Today's flea market finds. A 40's TV Special in undamaged case and a 1917 service set. The super speed is date code Z-3 and works great. The old is a serial number D25XXX, missing the trench mirror but has no cracks on the handle and no bent teeth. A fair trade off. Look great for being 100 years old. Also a page of Gillette advertising for ABC Pocket edition basket weave case. Bought the two razors and thru in the paper.

IMG_0576.JPG

IMG_0577.JPG

IMG_0578.JPG

IMG_0579.JPG

IMG_0580.JPG

Last edited:
Today's flea market finds. A 40's TV Special in undamaged case and a 1917 service set. The super speed is date code Z-3 and works great. The old is a serial number D25XXX, missing the trench mirror but has no cracks on the handle and no bent teeth. A fair trade off. Look great for being 100 years old. Also a page of Gillette advertising for ABC Pocket edition basket weave case. Bought the two razors and thru in the paper.

View attachment 783976

View attachment 783975

View attachment 783974

View attachment 783972

View attachment 783971

Great buys. Please post before and after cleaning pics of them if you don't mind!

Tim WCIC; Unbelievable 1954 TV special! The case is as rare as the razor and appears perfect! The WWI service set is exceptional too! God Bless! Tony Brown RN mgbbrown

timwcic

"Look what I found"
Good hunting, congrats!
Great buys. Please post before and after cleaning pics of them if you don't mind!
Nice buys.....Service set or Khaki set are on my radar.
Tim WCIC; Unbelievable 1954 TV special! The case is as rare as the razor and appears perfect! The WWI service set is exceptional too! God Bless! Tony Brown RN mgbbrown
Great Scores guys!
Love the patina on the OLD Type! :thumbup1:

Thank you gentlemen for the kind words. In all my years hunting this is my first 40's TV Special I have ever came across. I promise to give it a good life.

Top Bottom