What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

This is my second thin cap single ring. My other one has stripped threads so I thought I would try and snag a second one. I used the new one and it shaves like the other one. That being a very close shave that requires a careful touch. The alum speaks loudly to me after I shave with these razors. But once my face settles down, the shave is as close as any I have had. I also like the look of them better than the ball end razors. But the ball end with a thick cap does give me a smoother shave. Still trying to decide which one I think shaves better. The single ring wins on looks alone though.
I also have 2 one stripped one not. I switched the end pieces and now they both tighten down, give it a try maybe it will work for you too. I like my my thick cap ball end too, but find the thins to be slightly better, the Single Rings are even better. I think the Single Ring has a better balance than the Ball End.

One of my recent acquisitions is a non usual Gillette OT Copley set, brown case, from the 1920s.

Curiously enough, the razor carries a manufactured shim. It makes the razor gap... scary!

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

As usual, excuse the poor pics. Also, it needs a clean up.

Cheers, gents!

One of my recent acquisitions is a non usual Gillette OT Copley set, brown case, from the 1920s.

Curiously enough, the razor carries a manufactured shim. It makes the razor gap... scary!

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

As usual, excuse the poor pics. Also, it needs a clean up.

Cheers, gents!

That shim is pretty scary looking. It looks like it would create a pretty wide gap for an aggressive shave. As if the Old Types needed to be more aggressive as it is.

I've got a Razorock Teck II, and I like it quite a bit. Wanting something vintage, I've been looking for an old Tech for a bit. Not sure exactly which one to go for, just figuring the right one would find me. Well it seems like there was a lot of chatter about the fat handled techs last week, and one thing let to another...

Gold Tech.jpg

First shave with it last night. Smooth. She's a keeper!

I've got a Razorock Teck II, and I like it quite a bit. Wanting something vintage, I've been looking for an old Tech for a bit. Not sure exactly which one to go for, just figuring the right one would find me. Well it seems like there was a lot of chatter about the fat handled techs last week, and one thing let to another...

View attachment 783460

Excellent addition, congrats!

Which blade you used, btw?

Today I got this beauty in my mailbox.
Eine echte deutche qualitätsrasieren.

And after 45 min of cleaning and polishing. Turned out to be really ok condition. Can do some more cleaning between the teeth but I wanted to try it!

I must say I'm already a bit in love with this, will definitely be in my rotation of razors. Beautiful German craftsmanship.
And I payed 15$, worth every penny!

Wow, that looks fantastic!

View attachment 783460

Triangle slot! You got the best one ever made! You'll love it!!! :thumbup:

Excellent addition, congrats!
Which blade you used, btw?

Thanks! I used a Dorco Prime on shave 4. The shape of Techs just seem to be perfect for my neck, I like them. And from reading on B&B, a lot of guys say you need to hit the sweet spot on the angle to get the most of these, and I must be lucky, 'cause it seems like I intuitively hit that correct angle.

Triangle slot! You got the best one ever made! You'll love it!!! :thumbup:
I do love it, this will be a keeper!
I knew to look for the triangle slot, thanks to this place! I've used a few different Techs, and knew that I like them overall. This one that I got came with another fat-handle, but straight-slot, that was in rougher condition.

Thanks! I used a Dorco Prime on shave 4. The shape of Techs just seem to be perfect for my neck, I like them. And from reading on B&B, a lot of guys say you need to hit the sweet spot on the angle to get the most of these, and I must be lucky, 'cause it seems like I intuitively hit that correct angle.

I do love it, this will be a keeper!
I knew to look for the triangle slot, thanks to this place! I've used a few different Techs, and knew that I like them overall. This one that I got came with another fat-handle, but straight-slot, that was in rougher condition.

Thanks. I like my Canadian triangle slot Tech. Efficient and smooth. I pair it with a Feather. Well, I think I use Feathers in every razor...

Top Bottom