Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

Today's flea market finds!

proxy.php

:w00t:

Now tell us you spent $5...

Big congrats on that haul!:thumbup1:

Today's flea market finds!

proxy.php

Thought I'd go ahead and tell what I paid. I know I would be curious.

First in the photo is an I2 Slim I got for $10.
The Fatboy is an E2 I got for $12.
The N1 Knack for $5.
The "no date" Superspeed for $5. (When it's twisted close it's tight, but when opened the bottom of the handle twists out far enough I can push it up and down?)
No date Tech for $5.
Unused K1 travel Tech was $4.

The N1 Knack for $5.
The "no date" Superspeed for $5. (When it's twisted close it's tight, but when opened the bottom of the handle twists out far enough I can push it up and down?)
No date Tech for $5.

WOW! Enough said.

Thanks, of course first I ruined the finish on a fat handled tech( luckily i got it for about 10) so I did some more research on here and found a much better cleaning method

We've all been there...

The N1 Knack for $5.
No date Tech for $5.

As expected.... a steal!!!!!

My Phoenix BOCS (Bakelite Open Comb Slant) landed today:
View attachment 692598

In went a new Feather:
View attachment 692599

And I had one wonderful shave, first time with a slant too. :thumbup:

Very nice. I've never seen one of these in person - what does the material feel like in the hand? It certainly looks attractive. I know it's plastic, but in the photos it makes me think of porcelain - does it have that kind of smoothness? I wonder if there's ever been a porcelain razor.

Very nice. I've never seen one of these in person - what does the material feel like in the hand? It certainly looks attractive. I know it's plastic, but in the photos it makes me think of porcelain - does it have that kind of smoothness? I wonder if there's ever been a porcelain razor.
Bakelite certainly does look and feel different, in a good way, to "common or garden" plastic. I can't explain why, but it does.

One thing I've just realized, now that you've mentioned Bakelite, is that no matter how shiny it is, it's very pleasant and non-slippy to grip. So, like all the best razors (IMO), you don't notice the handle at all while shaving.

Currently my only Bakelite razors are the Fasan copy Phoenix:
$PBOCS-2_2016-10-01.jpg

And my 1940s Knockout:
$K5.jpg

Three on the way, two of which I may have overpaid on. A Very Good/Very Fine condition Vintage 1928 Gillette New Standard Set double edge open comb safety razor with no date code. Includes a case in acceptable condition and a clean blade bank. The second is a English made long open comb New model in a good condition Bakelite box. Both clean finish with minimal loss it looks like from photos. The last is a 1912 Gem, clean looking and more reasonably priced.

Last edited:
Well, it's been a while since my last acquisition post... not that I've been on restraint, exactly... but heck, no time...

A nice OT French Standard set, pic from seller...

proxy.php

Top Bottom