What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
My first ever razor purchase on ebay....I'm hoping these are 40s SS razors. $36 shipping incl

View attachment 693312

Mark
You did good. The tell on the gillettes will be if they have a date code or not. 47-49 have no date code if I'm not mistaken. The other may be a Gem pushbutton, I'm not sure.

Nice pick ups!
Adam

Yes, the two on the left seem to be US Super Speed. Do they have a "notched" centre bar? That's the main difference between 1947 (no notch) and 1948-1950 models

This is the exciting/frustrating part--I wont know until they arrive in a week or so. I can't wait.

I found my OCtober razor today. On a whim I stoped into a hole in the wall thrift shop at the back of a mud parking lot next to a used appliance store. In the bottom of the case onder the cash register sat this lonely razor. If I'm correct, it is a 1938/1939 Senator. TTO, OC ,Silver plate. . One corner tooth is slightly bent and it has some brasing on the doors, but they open and close smoothly.
If I'm wrong on the ID someone please give me the correct ID.

$IMG_20161005_132338.jpg $IMG_20161005_132337.jpg $IMG_20161005_132303_1.jpg

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
I found my OCtober razor today. On a whim I stoped into a hole in the wall thrift shop at the back of a mud parking lot next to a used appliance store. In the bottom of the case onder the cash register sat this lonely razor. If I'm correct, it is a 1938/1939 Senator. TTO, OC ,Silver plate. . One corner tooth is slightly bent and it has some brasing on the doors, but they open and close smoothly.

View attachment 693440 View attachment 693441 View attachment 693442
Looks like a Senator to me!! Great shaver. I love mine. Congrats!

Adam

Nicely played, sir!:thumbup1:

beautiful razor

Ok. I went a little crazy over the past 24 hours and these three razors/sets are on their way to me now for delivery next week. My wife is going to kill me. One Tuckaway and two Bostonians or Deluxes of whatever they are called. Anxiously awaiting delivery next week. :w00t:

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Hey man, you went crazy, YEP!

If your wife starts asking questions when they show up next week explain her those were borrowed from a friend to try. ;)

Look how different are #2 and #3 BTW! Yet they seem identical...

Last edited:
Top Bottom