What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

Found a near complete cased Gem Guiding Eye in the next stateover.
Unfortunately, it was the wrong case for it.
View attachment 1183697

BUT FORTUNATELY.......I repeat...BUT FORTUNATELY I had the right razor for the case!

View attachment 1183692View attachment 1183693
View attachment 1183694View attachment 1183695

Thanks for letting me share as always!
I looked so long for a case only for my executive. Finally I found the complete set on ebay and snatched a BIN on the cheap.

Not that I "needed" another razor.
This one is on you guys, you know who you are:em2300:

IMG-1504.jpg

IMG-1506.jpg

IMG-1507.jpg

IMG-1508.jpg

Already shaved today so will try it tomorrow.:straight:

There have been so many nice score posts lately I thought I might as well get in on the fun. This is my antique market find from last weekend...saw a little plain wooden box sitting closed on a table and opened it up to reveal this (the box ended up being a Wilkinson box actually). Nice surprise! Insta grabbed this bad boy and left a happy man ;)

Happy hunting everyone

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php
Very nice

proxy.php

No Not At ALL.

Sent from my iPhoneXR using Tapatalk

Well if there are any members with such despicable behaviour, we should definitely condemn them, or probably report them? :biggrin1:
Seriously though, I would always act as an enabler, if a razor is worth buying. 'Cause you always need new razors, even when you don't need them.

Haven’t posted here in a while, been eerily quiet on the acquisition front.

But thankfully today this very rare 1938 Gillette Popular #46 set arrived. Great condition set, only had one blade bank missing which I thankfully had on hand.

Seller hadn’t packed in a hard box so there were some anxiety while opening (have had bakelite cases break before in shipping). But luckily it had suffered no harm :thumbup1:

CEFE2DDC-EC0E-456B-9C8D-D0E819B08153.jpeg

Well well well, it is indeed turning out to be a Popular week here 😁 Another one inbound. Look forward to receiving. Cool that it is unpacked NOS but the cellophane will actually sometimes turn out to be a problem as the plating touching the cellophane may have reacted over the 8 decades gone by and thus may be tarnished. But lets see 🤩

19887DD8-2835-4676-A524-B787F1292202.png

Last edited:

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Well well well, it is indeed turning out to be a Popular week here 😁 Another one inbound. Look forward to receiving. Cool that it is unpacked NOS but the cellophane will actually sometimes turn out to be a problem as the plating touching the cellophane may have reacted over the 8 decades gone by and thus may be tarnished. But lets see 🤩

View attachment 1184675
Well done, Peter! I'd love to see your whole collection someday! Bravo!

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding

View attachment 1184675
Another one where you outbid me! I am seeing a pattern here 😁 Congratulations 👍

Finally received these beauties after a long worried wait...
  1. Gem Junior
  2. Gem Clog-Pruf (thanks to a generous member here)
  3. Karve Brass - my dream razor
20201122_220307.jpg

After some disinfection, cleaning, and polishing...the Karve with D plate...F plate is not polished as yet.
20201122_124256.jpg

20201122_214913.jpg

Attachments

• 20201122_210751.jpg
    20201122_210751.jpg
    902.3 KB · Views: 13
Top Bottom