What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

Found these 2 Gillettes at an antique shop this past weekend.... paid $15 for the pair. Both made in Canada. Looks like an Old Type ball end and a New.... Is that the original handle for the new? The pics do not show the color difference well, but the Old Type looks closer to being gold plated than the other, but I'm not sure.
IMG_5711.jpeg
IMG_5710.jpeg
IMG_5709.jpeg
IMG_5708.jpeg

I simply can't resist an old gillette set in good shape but, in my family, my dog is the one that shows the more enthusiam for my finds... just imagine the rest of my family!
Anyway....... 1922 silver Gillette tuckaway.

20201127_221019.jpg

ciao,
andy (a misunderstood collector)

Everything evolves as new information comes to surface. That razor had no close up of the top and the owner didn't mention that it's grinded down. Which would be pretty obvious if one knows how the top surface of a New Improved should look.
You sure romsita? grinded down? Show us another razor. We have never heard anything about that except from you. 2 posted examples of no serial number Cavaliers and they are both grinded down? And you did not mention this to the german poster? His serial number was grinded off ? Come clean Romsita.

Last edited by a moderator:
R

romsitsa

You sure romsita? grinded down? Show us another razor. We have never heard anything about that except from you. 2 posted examples of no serial number Cavaliers and they are both grinded down? And you did not mention this to the german poster? His serial number was grinded off ? Come clean Romsita.

Non factory finish on the comb with part of the crimp missing, don't see what else is there to prove. Show me any other Gillette from that period without any trademark. And who is "we", if I may ask?

Bought a travelling razor on an auction site and it's tiny
They also sent some "luxurious" blades, 10 öre roughly translates to 1 cent.

I have no idea what maker or anything about how it shaves, but I have to admit it is pretty cute :)

Time to get cleaning.

20201208_142326.jpg
20201208_142347.jpg
20201208_142444.jpg

I'm apparently the owner of a new (or near new, latest model, with just a review shave or two on it) Rex Ambassador, and eagerly await its arrival! - I was the grand prize winner in Ken Surf's 2020 Holiday giveaway on YouTube last night! Woohoo, I was totally stunned hearing my name being selected, by the random comment selection tool, to say the least.

Guess Christmas is coming early this year. :w00t:

I'm apparently the owner of a new (or near new, latest model, with just a review shave or two on it) Rex Ambassador, and eagerly await its arrival! - I was the grand prize winner in Ken Surf's 2020 Holiday giveaway on YouTube last night! Woohoo, I was totally stunned hearing my name being selected, by the random comment selection tool, to say the least.

Guess Christmas is coming early this year. :w00t:
Congratulations cyberdog! :001_cool:

Top Bottom