What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
R

romsitsa

Than you Peter :)
@KeenDogg Elbow grease and automotive polish. In my experience the polishing compound is more effective if you soak the cloth in polish and let it dry. Then use it as a silver cloth.

KeenDogg

Than you Peter :)
@KeenDogg Elbow grease and automotive polish. In my experience the polishing compound is more effective if you soak the cloth in polish and let it dry. Then use it as a silver cloth.
Ok, cool. What do you mean by "silver cloth"? just like a buffing cloth, maybe?

You guys don't know how lucky you are to have flea markets with such wonderful razors available. There is nothing like that in my region of Canada. My only hope is that you keep circulating them when you are bored with them.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
20201123_134917.jpg

I just received this beauty complete with the manual in German. Can someone confirm the exact model of this razor? Here it is with the others in my modest collection which are I believe an old type, an RFB, and a 5021 leather cased set.

20201123_135605.jpg

Nice Richard!!!

Warp speed delivery today of the NOS Popular. Turns out that taking a chance pays off :thumbup: Razor had not tarnished from the cellophane. Rather it is in PERFECT condition with the awesome combination of nickel head/neck and silver plated handle. Even the case is perfect on the outside after a fast polish!

03BB0EB5-D9E6-4ED3-829D-9FCF2F473535.jpeg

Last edited:

KeenDogg

Nice Richard!!!

Warp speed delivery today of the NOS Popular. Turns out that taking a chance pays off :thumbup: Razor had not tarnished from the cellophane. Rather it is in PERFECT condition with the awesome combination of nickel head/neck and silver plated handle. Even the case is perfect on the outside after a fast polish!

View attachment 1185987
That came out of the past! You were in the DeLorean again, weren't you, Peter?

Thanks for sharing photos of your Aristocrat. I have the same model with the same case. I originally thought it was the original Christmas 1934 model. I watched a You Tube video which showed the difference in end caps between the '34 and '36 models, so I think we have the 1936 model. Beautiful razor. Something really cool about the combo of TTO and open comb. Mine shaves great and is probably my favorite among my 15 "children."

Top Bottom