What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

My very first DE, a SS Timeless .95 OC, smooth cap, Titanium handle.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Following up the previous poster with my much humbler acquisition, the sub-$3.00 Gillette Tech which arrived today. It's out of the packaging, loaded with the included Gillette Blue blade, and ready for tomorrow's shaving action.

R

romsitsa

@romsitsa, you may be right. I have never seen this Myatt model. Just thought this looked interesting.

The Myatt Daymark (one of the several models) looks exactly the same, except the comb is branded. It took proprietary blades and iirc the head design was protected, so I don't think anyone would have made an exact copy.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
@romsitsa, you may be right. I have never seen this Myatt model. Just thought this looked interesting.
It looks like a Myatt Daymark, right down to the hexagonal pins. Mine had hexagonal holes on the baseplate and branding engraved on the underside. I found that by using a little force when tightening the handle, a regular DE blade would fit onto the hexagonal pins without blade modification. I found it a smooth shaver but rather mild.

It’s been a year or so, since I acquired a new Safety Razor, but this was too good to pass up. Found this Gillette New Improved deluxe Traveler set in nearly NOS condition at an online yard sale. It came with a tiny Gillette brush & mirror too! A really cool piece, I never expected to find it in the “wild!”
View attachment 1143769View attachment 1143770View attachment 1143771
Wow staggeringly great condition. Congratulations.

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Top Bottom