What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

R

romsitsa

It’s a razor made with Gaismans patents. Based on their packaging some were Goodwills (free razor with a tuck of blades) others New (paid for razor and blades).

Adam

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
It’s a razor made with Gaismans patents. Based on their packaging some were Goodwills (free razor with a tuck of blades) others New (paid for razor and blades).

Adam
Thank you, I did not realise that any New razors had recesses in the top cap. 👍

R

romsitsa

Thank you, I did not realise that any New razors had recesses in the top cap. 👍

Goodwills are New type razors based on Gaismans patents, while the New and New Deluxe were based on Gillettes patents. In the US Goodwills were actually called Goodwills, but in the UK and France they were either advertised as “New” or “Goodwill”.
An even stranger creature is the No 10 London set, as it has positive registration (Goodwill) but has only the patent of the New improved (Gillette New).

Adam

I added a blue tip to my pile so now my Super Speed trio is errh, a trio.

20200502_134414.jpg

20200502_134456.jpg

My acquisitions over the past couple of months are:

a NEW LC that was PIF'd to me. It has the Razor Emporium repro handle. I like this one.
View attachment 1093232

a Fatip Piccolo SE.
View attachment 1093233

and a Razorock Gamechanger .84 with swapped handle for the Razor Emporium repro handle.
View attachment 1093235

I haven't shaved with the Fatip or Gamechanger yet.

I still need/want to acquire a NEW SC (with a @rabidus approved cap) and a Post-war Fat Handle Tech (nickel). I have PIF'd my other Gillette Techs to some friends who needed to shave because of the pandemic (clean faces for masks).

Stay healthy, everyone.
Love 'em both! Enjoy!

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
Review! Daily driver? If, so potentially replacing what?
Timeless .68 Polished SB... Yes, absolutely my daily driver. I hadn't reached for anything else in the month of April. I would think about it for a second and then just say"nah, why bother".

I think that it may be the "One" for me. Simply smooth, comfortable, the blade gap suits me, weight is perfect, it's a looker and just amazingly pleasant to shave with.

As to what it will be replacing... I am participating in this month's gentlemanly restraint (the Timeless actually knocked me out in April) and my goal is to revisit everyone in my collection for a week at a time. I started with the 34c. Now there is absolutely nothing wrong with a Merkur 34c but lets face the fact that it can't measure up. So I will finish the week out and it will likely get PIFed.

As to what else may be eliminated as I progress through my G.R.U.M.E.
EJ 3one6
Razorock Gamechanger .68
Rockwell 6c
1.95 Fatboy
Gillette Slim Aristocrat (sure is purty, probably will hang onto that one)
Just to name a few.

I have a Timeless Bronze .38 on the way (one does need a little variety) that I am looking forward to. Don't worry, I ordered it in April.

The team at Timeless quickly filled my order for the AL 45 Razor. I will begin using it tomorrow and attempt to use it for a full week to learn it’s idiosyncrasies. I already have the Bronze SB (love it) so it is the exact same style, which should help my adjustment period. I will definitely have to adjust to the weight...or more specifically the lack there of. As befitting a Timeless Razor the craftsmanship is spectacular. I’m so darn excited! Without further adieu, I present my new Timeless.View attachment 1092845View attachment 1092846View attachment 1092847View attachment 1092848
So I wanted to provide my observations after a full week (7 shaves) with my new Timeless Aluminum 45 razor. As always YMMV and these thoughts are just based on my shaving preferences and how the razor worked for me.
The Timeless Aluminum 45 is perfectly constructed and finished, which is a a common description of Timeless Razors. The Al 45 utilizes the same design as my favorite razor (Timeless Bronze SB 0.38) so it was easy to find the correct angle. The lightweight nature of the razor allowed me to try two “fast shaves” and I had perfect confidence whipping it around my face and getting the expected results(but I’d much rather take my time).
For me, the AL 45 is a keeper. Did it replace my Bronze 0.38, no it did not, but it compliments it perfectly.
I have decided to give my twin nephews my Merkur 34HD and Merkur 104 OC as gifts as they have just started shaving and they have shown interest in traditional shaving.
My razor rotation will now consist of my Timeless Bronze and Aluminum. And that makes me incredibly happy 😃!
The price and beautiful craftsmanship of The Timeless Aluminum 45 can serve as the “perfect gateway” to modern CNC machined razors. Have a great week of shaves and life.

I'm on a bit of Tech kick at the moment. This is a 40's Made in England tech I got a couple of weeks ago. I just got around to cleaning it.

When comparing to pics on Mr. Razor it looks like an Australia Tech No. 77. I did purchase it from England on the bay. So I'm not totally sure if it was made for Australia and never made it down under, or if it was just sold in England.

Beautiful EFB Tech!

I've been on the lookout for one of these and finally got one a couple weeks ago! Are your pictures showing the razor after cleaning it up? Have you enjoyed the shave so far?

Mail Call:
G3 Slim Aristocrat with the box.

A G3 Slim has been my “grail razor” for some time since it is my birth year and quarter. To find one, with the box, in beautiful condition, and an Aristocrat, is just icing on the cake. I probably paid a bit too much for it but well, you know...

proxy.php

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom