What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

1930 Gillette NEW Big Boy Chromium De Luxe.

DC793CF0-9128-40D9-8255-CB9D42E9ECEE.jpeg
E6B5E9C1-3AD8-40CD-ACAD-46AD7A7638B5.jpeg
2284E5D2-B15F-4C5B-B708-A6DF55625A8B.jpeg

Gillette Tech, my first ‘vintage‘ razor, acquired on eBay. Can anybody date it and tell me the metal (feels light, Aluminium?).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 33
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 34
Hello all - I don't post here too often but I recently started down the vintage road and have a couple of cool razors to share. I learned quite a bit from old posts in the forum so I'd like to get more active here.

Both razors were put through an ultrasonic cleaner with dawn soap, cleaned with toothpaste/toothbrush and minor tarnish spots removed with Flitz and a q-tip.

1. Gillette English Flat Bottom (Set 27) - quite clean, some scratches, no noticeable plating loss.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

2. Gillette Aristocrat Jr. (Pat. 430040) - some plating loss on the handle, razor head is clean, doors don't quite line up.
This came in a Rocket Case, that was a common find in Canada.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

I previously only used modern razors, primarily the Karve and the first couple shaves with the EFB were promising! Going to try the AJ for my next shave.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Hello all - I don't post here too often but I recently started down the vintage road and have a couple of cool razors to share. I learned quite a bit from old posts in the forum so I'd like to get more active here.

Both razors were put through an ultrasonic cleaner with dawn soap, cleaned with toothpaste/toothbrush and minor tarnish spots removed with Flitz and a q-tip.

1. Gillette English Flat Bottom (Set 27) - quite clean, some scratches, no noticeable plating loss.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

2. Gillette Aristocrat Jr. (Pat. 430040) - some plating loss on the handle, razor head is clean, doors don't quite line up.
This came in a Rocket Case, that was a common find in Canada.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

I previously only used modern razors, primarily the Karve and the first couple shaves with the EFB were promising! Going to try the AJ for my next shave.
Great scores — both really fine shavers.

Top Bottom