What's new

ROTD Run Of The Day : post yours

I’ve been keeping up with my jogging, but not with my posts here...

Ran a few times in Osaka:

Attachments

• 18F7F540-9729-4139-9E70-7E9DD5CD4724.jpeg
    7.9 MB · Views: 5
96C6080B-8FAF-4F2E-ADD4-018D33E0A8B9.jpeg
And did a little off road back here in New England

For whatever reason, I haven't gotten around to posting recently.

I've knocked out 5K three of the last four days. It's way more humid than it should be this time of year.

Back at it. 5K. Cool, clear, and comfortable. 73/NW10/47%
It was 69 degrees after a cool down lap on the bike. The coolest it has been in months.

I've been running, just not posting....7 out of my last 8 runs I've finally broken the 10 minute/mile barrier (usually a 5K distance). Not that fast perhaps, but as a member of the Clydesdale Class (200+ lbs) I'm happy about that

4 mile "Long" Run. Trying to get back. Been getting out 3 times a week last couple weeks, keeping it short and running on grass. We'll see how things go.

I'm 8 weeks today to my marathon. Yesterday I finished my longest training run so far this year, 28km/17mi in 2:30.
Chaffing was an issue, hate the water belt but otherwise went well.

Happy running!

I'm 8 weeks today to my marathon. Yesterday I finished my longest training run so far this year, 28km/17mi in 2:30.
Chaffing was an issue, hate the water belt but otherwise went well.

Happy running!

I've found the hydration vest (primarily worn by Ultra Runners) chafe much less than water belts. I have a Salomon one that will hold 1.5 L in a pack on your back as well as 2 500ml bottles on your chest. I've done numerous 20 mile runs with it without chafing. Handheld bottles are also great if you don't mind them.

As for other chafing, make sure you have Body Glide (or other similar product) and 3M Transpore tape can be a life saver.

Glad your training is otherwise going well.

Thanks Tim. I do use glide but apparently missed some spots. I'm going to check out this vest.
The 3m tape sounds like it might be good for the nipples, ha ha. Thanks for the suggestions, appreciate it.

I've found the hydration vest (primarily worn by Ultra Runners) chafe much less than water belts. I have a Salomon one that will hold 1.5 L in a pack on your back as well as 2 500ml bottles on your chest. I've done numerous 20 mile runs with it without chafing. Handheld bottles are also great if you don't mind them.

As for other chafing, make sure you have Body Glide (or other similar product) and 3M Transpore tape can be a life saver.

Glad your training is otherwise going well.

Top Bottom