What's new

ROTD Run Of The Day : post yours

I bailed on my run yesterday. My running group generally meets on Tuesday for bridge runs (hill work) but the "feels like" temperature was 104 degrees. I didn't feel acclimated to that kind of heat/humidity yet, and was still recovering from being outside all weekend. Decided to swim some laps instead.

Turned out to be a good choice. Most people bailed after a few miles, and the ones that toughed it out said it was essentially wasted time, as they couldn't run a normal pace.

7 miles total with 3 miles at Tempo pace. 2.5 into Tempo got caught in downpour, the cooling was nice but I couldn't see a darn thing. 74 degrees, 90% humidity.

I did my weekly ten mile run this past Saturday. I run with another guy, and even hitting the street at 5:30 A.M. is brutal with above 80 degree temps and almost 100% humidity. We don't kill it speed wise, we are talking the entire time, but we went from an 8:19 pace a couple of weeks ago to a 9:20 pace this week just because of the humidity. It's like running through Jello.

3.2 miles only because Strava didn't stop me at 5K. I'll keep posting the weather (89/55%/WNW9 in the sun) because the times are embarassing!

7.5 miles with 1 mile at Tempo pace. Had intended a longer tougher workout but this is all I had. 88°, 90% humidity. Might as well have been swimming, wouldn't have been wetter.

Sorry to be a bore, but this morning as my feet hit the floor, I got out the door and only managed another four miles more.

Top Bottom