What's new

Rotbart Razors

R

romsitsa

Thank you Achim,

didn't notice it at all. Like a Bulldog, very appealing design.

Adam

R

romsitsa

Hello,

found this tin today, it's quite worn, but it cleaned up rather well and it doesn't pop up often.

IMG_3464.JPG IMG_3466.JPG

Now the part I'm a bit unsure about. If you look at the U shaped rest, it's too big for a thin handle RFB or Nr. 15.
IMG_3468.JPG

But a big handle is a perfect fit. Later, Nr. 15 cases won't fit these big handles, but the unclear part is had all RFB tins "big" U shaped rests or is this case for a big handle?

IMG_3467.JPG

Adam

R

romsitsa

Hello Achim,

It's bent for sure, but the bottom is fixed to the case so the basic diameter is given. And it's much bigger than in later cases. Could you please make a photo showing the U shape, like my picture?

Btw., am I seeing ghosts or are RFB 7 o'clock cases/sets exactly similar to Rotbarts? Like perfectly identical details and the user manual is also tucked into the lid.
Basically the only differences are the brand names and that 7 o'clock base plates doesn't have corner notches.

Thanks

Adam

R

romsitsa

Thank you Achim,

made a few photos of my RFB case (blue) and a Nr. 15 case (red), with a big handle RFB and a Gillette No. 77 (don't have any thin handle RFB Rotbart on hand).

To me it looks like the U shape in my RFB case is bigger than yours (no pun intended).

Side by side

IMG_3478.JPG IMG_3481.JPG

Gillette RFB fitted
IMG_3479.JPG IMG_3480.JPG

Rotbart fitted, it won't fit the red case
IMG_3477.JPG

New member of the Rotbart RFB fraternity.. surprised at its mildness but it's pretty efficient when angle is respected. I love this handle.
proxy.php

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Last edited:
i vace this set and post pictures here earlier. Here NOS

Attachments

• vintage-rotbart-razor-set-mint_1_efc5e680adf86ef56e6cf9b858242991 (1).jpg
    vintage-rotbart-razor-set-mint_1_efc5e680adf86ef56e6cf9b858242991 (1).jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 69
  • vintage-rotbart-razor-set-mint_1_efc5e680adf86ef56e6cf9b858242991 (2).jpg
    vintage-rotbart-razor-set-mint_1_efc5e680adf86ef56e6cf9b858242991 (2).jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 74
  • vintage-rotbart-razor-set-mint_1_efc5e680adf86ef56e6cf9b858242991.jpg
    vintage-rotbart-razor-set-mint_1_efc5e680adf86ef56e6cf9b858242991.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 75

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Hey Doc Awk! Good to see you! Hope all is great!

Kind regards,

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Not sure how you could get one much nicer than that! I'm still looking for that particular model's zippered case (aluminum handle + No15 head) and have the 5031 in a plastic box with the Gillette Tech style head. Thanks for the close up!

Other (later) style:
full

@nemo how does that particular Rotbart shave? Is it similar to a Tech or have you found it more efficient? Thanks!

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
@nemo how does that particular Rotbart shave? Is it similar to a Tech or have you found it more efficient? Thanks!

Shaves like the king of Techs ... very similar yet efficient and the large aluminum handle provides a nice balance and grip. Thanks for the question as a reminder, had to try it again today just to make sure! German quality.

Shaves like the king of Techs ... very similar yet efficient and the large aluminum handle provides a nice balance and grip. Thanks for the question as a reminder, had to try it again today just to make sure! German quality.

@nemo thanks so much for the reply, but I just want to confirm....when you say it shaves very similar to the “king of Techs”, are you referring to the elusive British Gillette Hybrid/Tech RFB....or is there another style Tech that you consider “the King”?

Top Bottom