What's new

Russian DE Safety Razors

Yep, the 5031 does appear to be both like a "15" at times while at other times to be like a "tech". Here's a photo of the tech version from your same great source, Achim, mr-razor.

$Rotbart No 5031-01.jpeg

Russians make stuff that works, they did great job with AK-47. Simple to use, simple to clean, and they got it right.

Like the Everyready Bunny, just keeps working.

Nice. The Rotbart in the middle is a 5031 by the way.

Here's a Rotbart-style No.15 clone. Does yours have this logo? I haven't been able to find out what it is (your pics from the bottom aren't too clear. So perhaps it is Soviet. Thanks!

full

Not nearly as smooth as the 15 style head, whatever it is!

Attachments

• бюл. изобр и тов зн1966-1.jpg
    бюл. изобр и тов зн1966-1.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 2
Russians make stuff that works, they did great job with AK-47. Simple to use, simple to clean, and they got it right.

I agree, but with a proviso. The Russian stuff I've owned I've both loved and hated. I love it because it's been simple and built to last, like a tank. But the quality seems inconsistent. If you get a good example, you're set. If you get one with some "bugs", or inferior parts built in, you need to replace those inferior parts in order to have your tank. For example, my brand new Lada Niva had rust in the seams of the roof. Why did that occur with a new vehicle? It also had some parts that failed fairly quickly. When these parts were replaced with better ones, the problem was fixed, and the fix was a good reliable one (i.e. - I had a tank again).

Iridian

Cool and slimy

They have "caught up" to the West in modern hardware, the AK-12 has some issues.
Reminds me of some hardware upgrades I experienced. I.e. it would have been superb, if it would have worked...

Also think of America:
From the classic Gillette razors to cartridges would make for a good "what went wrong" meme or blogpost...

Unfortunately I cannot respond in any meaningful way when things are the way they are. All my razors are made in countries other than this place. I have a fair amount of blades which are mfg'd in Russia however I will be looking to new outlets for blades should I ever need to replace them. Seeing as how I'm 70 with a lot of blades this may not be an issue. Hah!

So make sense of that? You importing Russian goods?
Sure. You're saying that Russian razors are not available for sale in the USA. But surely you can buy vintage Russian razors off of Ebay and Etsy and the like, right? That's all I'm doing.

(I don't know about any new Russian razors because I only buy vintage.)

I don't import Russian goods or anything like that. I've bought the odd Russian product, basically the ones I've mentioned. Lada vehicles used to be sold in Canada. Other than that I've just bought a few cameras, lenses and lately a couple of razors.

Top Bottom