What's new

Rocky Mountain Shavers (RMS)

I've been lurking on this thread for a bit. Here's my info:

First Name? Doug
What State? Colorado
City (Residing in or from)? Denver
What State Team do you root for (College/Pro)? Broncos big time, Rockies when I want to be disappointed once again. I went to college in Kansas so I bleed K-State Purple.
What do you do? Teacher
What are your worst acquisition disorders? Vintage razors for sure. I have, in less than a year, acquired more than ten vintage Gillette DEs, six vintage SE razors, and four straights. Of course, none of that stops me from trying new soaps, aftershaves, brushes, etc. from time to time.
What are your favorite shaving hardware/software (up to 3 of each)?
Razors: C1 Red Tip SS (birth year/quarter), Imperial Eagle 6/8, Ever-Ready 1924 SE
Brushes: Semogue 1460 Boar, RazoRock Plissoft Synthetic, Omega Pro 49
Soap: Tabac, MWF, Haslinger
Cream: GFT, Proraso
Aftershaves: Pinaud, Stirling, Fine

Tell us a little about yourself? I am a second career teacher (math) after lots (and lots) of years in IT and consulting. I love it. I have a grown daughter in Wyoming, and have been with SWMBO for eight years.

Hobbies: Music - singing and playing, brewing beer, and being annoying to middle schoolers. (Wait - maybe that's my job, not my hobby. :lol:)

Show-Me Pic(s): I am not much of a photographer, but here are a couple shots taken on my iPhone at hike in Kenosha Pass last fall on a day trip to see the Aspens:

$IMG_0400.jpg$IMG_0397.jpg

Last edited:
[MENTION=104921]Doug57[/MENTION]

Welcome to the RMS Doug we are happy to have you here. Hang around and invite some others. I have some ideas for a pass around to start up soon

First Name? Brad
What State? Utah
City (Residing in or from)? Sandy
What State Team do you root for (College/Pro)?
University of Utah, Utah Jazz are probably the big two. Follow Real Salt Lake (MLS) but not a huge soccer guy.
What do you do? Accountant, but working in the insurance business in a non-accounting role currently
What are your worst acquisition disorders? Fountain pens. Purchased 6 since January 1. Three of those were made in the 1950's. Oops.. you mean shaving.... TBD
What are your favorite shaving hardware/software (up to 3 of each)?

Razors:
only have a MicroTouch One currently, but a M1 (1967) Super Speed is on its way from Claudel Xerxes.
Brushes: B & B Essential - seafoam green. Have considered getting another to rotate.
Soap: right now Col. Conk Bay Rum, have also used a Wilkinson Sword soap.
Cream: NA
Aftershaves: currently using Old Spice (my bottle was purchased in the 90's), Gillette After Shave Gel, Neutrogena Triple Protect Face Lotion

Tell us a little about yourself? I am 58 years old, married no kids. My first razor was a hand me down DE my dad gave me in the 70's, which I no longer have. I don't recall what it was. I was about 16 and just learning to shave. Later moved to carts until 2014 when I came back to DE shaving.
Hobbies: Beyond shaving, fountain pens, watches, running, (have run 16 marathons last in 2013)
Show-Me Pic(s): Cecret Lake in Albion Basin at Alta, Utah:

A sunset near St. George, Utah in May 2016

Welcome [MENTION=86644]Runnin_Ute[/MENTION]

Glad to have another Utahn here!

I love Cecret lake!

Fountain pens have been getting me too. I just love writing with them. Get ready for a potential pass around to start up soon. I'm ironing out the details.

Welcome @Runnin_Ute

Glad to have another Utahn here!

I love Cecret lake!

Fountain pens have been getting me too. I just love writing with them. Get ready for a potential pass around to start up soon. I'm ironing out the details.

It's a great place. When I go up, I usually run from Gold Miner's Daughter up and back. Seven mile round trip
About 1000' of elevation gain or so....It's been to long.

For anyone in the Denver area looking for Barbasol Pacific Rush AS or ASB, the Big Lots in Brighton has it...
Last chance buy apparently. $2 for the AS, $1 for the ASB.
The one in Longmont does NOT have it.
These are the only 2 I checked, as I didn't need to look further. :001_smile

For anyone in the Denver area looking for Barbasol Pacific Rush AS or ASB, the Big Lots in Brighton has it...
Last chance buy apparently. $2 for the AS, $1 for the ASB.
The one in Longmont does NOT have it.
These are the only 2 I checked, as I didn't need to look further. :001_smile

Nice tip! BTW - I think I'm gonna head up your way this weekend. The wife is out of town, which means I'm gonna be bored, so driving up north is in my to-do!

Nice tip! BTW - I think I'm gonna head up your way this weekend. The wife is out of town, which means I'm gonna be bored, so driving up north is in my to-do!

Sounds good - keep me posted. I will shoot you my number in a pm. Not even sure what I threw together for you now - Special Reserve, Soap Commander Passion soap, Saint Charles Shave Fairway soap... That's all I can remember off the top of my head.
Enjoy some free time! :001_smile
And Latha Oceana!

Last edited:
Hey everyone been awhile since a post has shown up here. How is everyone? HOT?!

Boy is it hot in Utah right now. We usually don't hit the 100s until you get to end of July first part of August. And for the last 3 days we have been in the 100s. AC is running non stop and I am afraid to see the electric bill.

Looks like there is a meetup soon in Colorado hope some of you gents that are going will post some pics for all of us to be envy of.

How are you all staying cool? Lately I have been applying a splash of Osage Rub right before bed so I feel cool to fall asleep.

I am hoping to start a pass around probably in the fall so stay tuned.

All good here. Still in the 50's at night at my house (love living in the mountains!). Has been hot down on the plains though - 90's and low 100's during the day.
Hottest part of my day is my lunchtime walk and the drive home in the late afternoon. The AC in my car struggles to keep up at these high temps.
Stay cool! :001_cool:

All good here. Still in the 50's at night at my house (love living in the mountains!). Has been hot down on the plains though - 90's and low 100's during the day.
Hottest part of my day is my lunchtime walk and the drive home in the late afternoon. The AC in my car struggles to keep up at these high temps.
Stay cool! :001_cool:

He means it when he says "in the mountains!" We plains folks have been a bit warm (not as hot as you, I think, Chad). And yep, Denver meetup July 17 I believe!

We have had a few hot ones here on the north side of Denver. I am thankful for air conditioning.

Other than that things are going well.

I will be spending 4th of July weekend in Colorado Springs with my in-laws. That should be nice.

Well hello everyone how are you all doing?

Did some antique shopping lately and found a couple of avon decanters while up in Logan, Utah home of the Utah St. Aggies. We indulged and had some great food up there, buffalo steaks, home made ice cream, and even deep dish pizza.

The heat is still out of control here.

So I know there are a LOT of pass arounds going on around B&B right now the soap sample, the I miss christmas, and the restraint box. If we started one here for us RMS subscribers who would be interested?

I have something great in the works with an artisan who resides in the Rocky Mountains... Hope it works out stay tuned. You will definitely want to be a part of this!

I have something great in the works with an artisan who resides in the Rocky Mountains... Hope it works out stay tuned. You will definitely want to be a part of this!

Sounds interesting!
I may be in for the passaround - it would depend on the contents I suppose... :001_smile

Top Bottom