What's new

Rocky Mountain Shavers (RMS)

Some more info for you all.

The Mini Moustachery in Utah is hosting a meet and greet on June 3rd. I'm not affiliated with this but have been following along on Facebook. If you are going to be in the area or are in Utah go look on there Facebook page to get the details.

Hope to see some of you there

It has been awhile how is everyone doing out there?

The wife and I are planning a trip to Fish Lake soon, I love it there can't wait to get back! I have the itch to do some fly-fishing.

All good here! Spring in the Rockies! Hopefully the snow is done for the season here. I moved the snow blower behind the motorcycle, so I'm optimistic. :thumbup1:

All good here! Spring in the Rockies! Hopefully the snow is done for the season here. I moved the snow blower behind the motorcycle, so I'm optimistic. :thumbup1:

I put the snow blower about a month ago. And have mowed a few times. We are getting a lot of rain though! Hard to keep up. Spring and Fall sure are the best months though!

All good. Enjoying the lovely Colorado weather(such as the hail we got yesterday afternoon). :thumbup1:

The storms have been crazy here too! Had a wind storm come through the other day that reorganized my patio furniture.

It has been awhile how is everyone doing out there?

The wife and I are planning a trip to Fish Lake soon, I love it there can't wait to get back! I have the itch to do some fly-fishing.

Did someone say fishing? Finally got spring... and summer I think. I'm ready to get out on the water!

We need to get some more members to join. I know there are some others out there that live in the states along the Rocky Mountains. I am hoping that by July I can start a pass around for the members here. So if you know of anyone who has not yet joined be sure to let them know.

First Name? Dane
What State? MT
City (Residing in or from)? Billings
What do you do? Elvis Impersonator
What are your worst acquisition disorders? Right now, it's Frags.
What are your favorite shaving hardware/software (up to 3 of each)?

Razors: '34 Aristocrat, '39 #15
Brushes: 2015 B&B Rudy Vey Team brush- 2 band Shavemac
Cream: a few ;)
Aftershaves: Floid Blue

Tell us a little about yourself? I'm married with 3 little Elvi'.

Hobbies: Tinkering

Hey Dane! I'm a big Elvis fan. Do you know Paul Torrez? He's also an Elvis Tribute Artist/Impersonator. I used to work with him and have been to a few of his shows.
Very cool keeping his memory alive!

We need to get some more members to join. I know there are some others out there that live in the states along the Rocky Mountains. I am hoping that by July I can start a pass around for the members here. So if you know of anyone who has not yet joined be sure to let them know.
[MENTION=29555]RockyNomad[/MENTION] [MENTION=61614]Denver Mike[/MENTION] [MENTION=105325]mike_the_kraken[/MENTION] [MENTION=90670]Climb14er[/MENTION]

Hey Dane! I'm a big Elvis fan. Do you know Paul Torrez? He's also an Elvis Tribute Artist/Impersonator. I used to work with him and have been to a few of his shows.
Very cool keeping his memory alive!
I'm not actually an Elvis impersonator, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night! ;)

I'm not actually an Elvis impersonator, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night! ;)

Ah! LOL Sorry. Paul is actually quite good. Won a national competition a few years back and performed in vegas with the actual Jordanaires...
Anyway - back to our regularly scheduled program. :001_smile

Oh, I cannot believe I missed out on this! Thanks to Chad for the invite! As you can see from my member name and my location I qualify! I will be subscribing and following along.

First Name? Steve
What State? Wyoming (Hence my member name, "SteveWY". Creative, huh?)
City (Residing in or from)? Currently Green River in SW Wyoming, prior to that in Cheyenne.
What State Team do you root for (College/Pro)? Well, UW of course. Our only 4-year college and my alma mater. Denver Broncos.
What do you do? About to retire. 35+ years with the Wyoming Game & Fish Department.
What are your worst acquisition disorders? I am mostly in remission know but I went through a serious bout of RAD, SBAD, SSAD, and minor ADs with AS and RBAD.
What are your favorite shaving hardware/software (up to 3 of each)?
This is hard...

Razors:
I am a serious vintage Gillette guy and have just about one or more of each style. I also love my two Fatips.
Brushes: Mostly boars. I will pick 3 of the bunch though. Semogue 1800, Omega Italian Flag, B&B Essential Boar, Whipped Dog Silvertip.
Soap: I have 15-20! Current favorites are PannaCrema, Cella, and Stirling.
Cream: Minimal cream enthusiast. I like all the Proraso creams.
Aftershaves: Not enough space here. I like mostly the classics like Bay Rum, Old Spice, AV, Clubman, the Veg.

Tell us a little about yourself?
I grew up in PA, came to Wyoming for college in 1977 and have had almost 35 years of a wonderful career (still can't believe they pay me to work) in wildlife management and enforcement, 15 years as a field officer, 19 years as a supervisor. About to retire, rewire and relocate for the next chapter. I have been married for 33 years and have 3 grown children I and one grandchild.

Hobbies:
You mean in addition to wet shaving and collecting shaving stuff? Hunting, outdoor cooking, military history, looking to get into brush restoration.

Show-Me Pic(s):
Not being from MO, not sure what you are looking for but I will post some later.

Welcome to RMS [MENTION=50233]SteveWY[/MENTION]

Wyoming sure is a beautiful state... I go through Wyoming to get on the Mirror Lake Highway and always take a week of staying at different camp sites and fishing along the way. We also spend a lot of time at Flaming Gorge, we usually camp on the Utah side but I really enjoy the Wyoming side as well, the bass fishing is better.

Also since the liquor laws suck in Utah we also make a few trips each year to Evanston to buy liquor, don't tell Utah Highway Patrol though.

For pics we are looking for pics of your state, places you enjoy nothing from MO. That is probably my bad... I copied the list and made adjustments from the MO club.

Here are some Wyoming pics...

Welcome to Wyoming! Forever West!

$20150722_093956.jpg
USAF Thunderbirds flying at Cheyenne Frontier Days

View attachment 661560
A fall view near hunting camp

Welcome [MENTION=50233]SteveWY[/MENTION] ! I have a very serious question for you. Should I make a fly fishing trip to WY this summer?

Welcome @SteveWY ! I have a very serious question for you. Should I make a fly fishing trip to WY this summer?

You know the answer to such questions is always YES! Next you will ask me if you need another shaving brush! PM me about where you like to fish and for what and I will help you out. Water is pretty high most everywhere right now so you have some time to plan.

Top Bottom