What's new

Rocky Mountain Shavers (RMS)

It's time for a new shave club, this is the Rocky Mountain Shavers (RMS) feel free to join if you are from a state with the Rockies or have lived here in the past. Who knows maybe we can do some meet ups and grab a beer and chat.

Here's the rockies:

$bb.png

So if you live in Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, Utah, Colorado, or New Mexico; and enjoy the great outdoors and shaving please join.

Stole this from the Missouri shave club and tweaked it a bit, so fill it out and you are a member:

First Name?
What State?
City (Residing in or from)?
What State Team do you root for (College/Pro)?
What do you do?
What are your worst acquisition disorders?
What are your favorite shaving hardware/software (up to 3 of each)?

Razors:
Brushes:
Soap:
Cream:
Aftershaves:

Tell us a little about yourself?

Hobbies:

Show-Me Pic(s):

First Name? Chad
What State? Utah
City (Residing in or from)? West Jordan
I’m a big sports fan, I root for the University of Utah, and the Utah Jazz
What do you do? I work as a project manager for a fortune 500 bank
What are your worst acquisition disorders? Soaps! And Aftershaves!

Razors:
Muhle R41, Gilette slim set to 7, Merkur 37c
Brushes: Badger: my 2016 Rudy Vey, Boar: Semogue Owner’s Club, Synthetic: Stirling Kong
Soap: Haslinger, Stirling, Soap Commander
Cream: TOBS, Palmolive, Godrej
Aftershaves: Stirling, Pinaud Clubman, Aqua Velva

Tell us a little about yourself? I am 28 years old, and just recently graduated with my MBA. I am married, and we have one son who just turned 2 in February. I enjoy camping, fishing, and spending time with my family.
Hobbies: Beyond shaving, I enjoy cooking BBQ, numismatics, and movies
Show-Me Pic(s): First pic is of Flaming Gorge in Utah a family favorite. Second pic is Fish Lake in Utah another family favorite. Third pic is of Yellowstone we go every couple of years and just love it there.

$bb.jpg$bb1.jpg$bb2.png

First Name? Doug
What State?
Colorado
Denver suburbs
Broncos, Rockies
What do you do?
Information Technology
Razors, soaps, blades, aftershaves

Razors:
Merkur 34c, Merkur Progress 510, Gillette Postwar Tech
Brushes:
Omega S-Brush S10049, Maggards 24mm Synthetic
Soap:
Arko, Cella Crema da Barba All'Olio Di Mandorla
Cream:
Kiss My Face, Cremo Cream, C.O. Bigelow
Aftershaves:
Aqua Velva, Pinaud Clubman, Figaro Monsieur Gold

I am a life-long gamer. I am married with no children. I enjoy spending time with my wife and my friends. Most of my free time is devoted to gaming. I spend way too much on shaving gear. My favorite meal is a bowl of Phở.

Hobbies:
Gaming (roleplaying games, card games, board games, miniatures games, some video games), Reading, Movies, Crochet, Knitting, Shaving

Show-Me Pic(s):
$Colorado1.jpg$Colorado2.jpg$Colorado3.jpeg$Colorado4.jpg

Welcome [MENTION=108562]dkeester[/MENTION]

I love Phở as well. We have some awesome Phở houses here in the Salt Lake Valley! We share a lot of similar hobbies!

Hopefully as the group grows we could start maybe a pass around box that is centralized to these states!

Welcome @dkeester

I love Phở as well. We have some awesome Phở houses here in the Salt Lake Valley! We share a lot of similar hobbies!

Hopefully as the group grows we could start maybe a pass around box that is centralized to these states!

Thanks!

We have several Phở places in and around Denver. Most of them are really good.

I like the idea of a pass around box. I have a couple of things that I could contribute.

First Name? Brent
What State?
Colorado
Colorado Springs
None in Colorado
What do you do?
Dentist
Razors (Vintage) and Brush restoration

Razors:
E2 Fatboy, A2 Red Tip SS, 48/49 40's SS
Brushes:
TGN Finest in Ever-ready 100T
Soap:
RR XXX, RR Don Marco
Cream:
TOBS Mr. Taylor
Aftershaves:
Aqua Velva Ice Blue, Bootlegger's Bay Rum

I'm married, no kids. Been living in Co. Springs for just under 2 years. We enjoy hiking and exploring, but mostly we like eating!

Hobbies:
Fly fishing, gaming, home brewing.

Show-Me Pic(s):
Quintessential Colorado for me: fly-fishing heaven! Seriously, if anyone wants to go camp out and fish some weekend, I'm in!
proxy.php

proxy.php

Welcome [MENTION=108196]dexutter[/MENTION]

If i'm in the area or you are in mine I will take you up on fly-fishing! I LOVE IT!

A few years back Field and Stream voted the Provo river in the top 3 of trout fisheries in the world. I also fish the Green river and Colorado river a few times a year. We also have some great lakes and reservoirs here where you can catch some great trout. And if Bass are your game we have that as well. I've wanted to get into home brewing but haven't done it yet. Maybe one day.

Welcome @dexutter

If i'm in the area or you are in mine I will take you up on fly-fishing! I LOVE IT!

A few years back Field and Stream voted the Provo river in the top 3 of trout fisheries in the world. I also fish the Green river and Colorado river a few times a year. We also have some great lakes and reservoirs here where you can catch some great trout. And if Bass are your game we have that as well. I've wanted to get into home brewing but haven't done it yet. Maybe one day.

Excellent! I mainly fish the South Platte here in CO, but my favorite fishing may be Spring Creek outside of Almont, CO. It's amazing out there! Also; Home brewing: do it. It's fun, and easier than you'd think (granted, it's another hobby, so...)

First Name? Jonah
What State?
Colorado
Golden officially, but in the mountains between Golden and Boulder at ~8300ft
Go Broncos!
What do you do?
Engineer for a large hard drive company working on RAID
Software - soap and aftershave

Razors:
Shavecraft Tech, Muhle R41-13, Gillette Old Type
Brushes:
Shave Revolution EVO 24mm synthetic
Soap:
Tabac, Soap Commander, Strop Shoppe... etc, etc.. LOL
Cream:
Only have 1 cream. More of a soap guy.
Aftershaves:
Aqua Velva, Pinaud, Stirling, Captains Choice...

45 years old, married 18 years, 4 step kids. Used to be an avid 4 wheeler, but just hike mostly now. Like adventure out in nature. Christian, quiet and somewhat of a hermit most of the time. LOL

Hobbies:
Hiking, shaving, Clash of Clans, motorcycles, knives, flashlights.

Show-Me Pic(s):
My back yard...
$020.jpg
Some hiking pics:
$081.jpg$105.jpg
Current motorcycle:
$Bike_Aspens.jpg

Attachments

• $245.jpg
    $245.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 210
Last edited:
[MENTION=102039]Jaidmaster[/MENTION] welcome Jonah!

Lovely pics! I have been to boulder twice once for a football game and once for a basketball game. That is an awesome college town and the scenery is beautiful! Very cold in November but beautiful.

It can be a bit busy for my taste, but it is a pretty cool college town. The performers on Pearl Street Mall are entertaining.
I love living in the rocky mountains!

It can be a bit busy for my taste, but it is a pretty cool college town. The performers on Pearl Street Mall are entertaining.
I love living in the rocky mountains!

It's awesome that you actually live in them! I just live next to 'em... You're making me want to get out and hike!

First Name? Victor
What State? Colorado
City (Residing in or from)?Lafayette
What State Team do you root for (College/Pro)? None
What do you do? Welder
What are your worst acquisition disorders? Spend a bit on my hobbies

Razors: Homemade smiling straights
Brushes: Cheap Omega boar
Soap: Arko Tabac
Cream:
Aftershaves: Arctic Blue (aqua velva knock off)

Tell us a little about yourself? See Hobbies
Hobbies:
Chess Player, Blues musician, Making straight razors, Amateur geology, Hiking and camping.

[MENTION=74023]bluesman 7[/MENTION] welcome Victor!

Making your own straight razors... that is really cool!

So far we have 5 members to the RMS 4 from Colorado and 1 from Utah. I know there are plenty of members in these great states. So if anyone sees someone invite them in!

Hi [MENTION=74023]bluesman 7[/MENTION]! I drive through Lafayette most days on my way home from work.
Have you been to the big flea market there? I've been meaning to stop and see what they have.
Would love to see some pics of your straights. I will try one some day. :001_smile
I picked up a cheap shavette awhile back, but it's so light, it feels like I have to force it across my face.

[MENTION=79047]fordfather[/MENTION] we are happy to have you among our ranks. But you didn't even fill out the questions. :thumbup:

Top Bottom