What's new

Rockwell Razor Club

Which gives better shaves overall?

• Merkur Progress

• Rockwell 6s

Results are only viewable after voting.
I hope I qualify for membership. Got the 6S but use a Ikon Bulldog 80 mm. Not the goodest looking razor but the drive is outstanding!

Attachments

• IMG_20180924_235435~01.jpg
    IMG_20180924_235435~01.jpg
    410 KB · Views: 51
I use my 6C with plate 5 the most, unless I am traveling for work (which I do often). So far the best blade I have found is the PolSilver, but I’m still experimenting with the razor.

Hello

Can I do a quick check with Rockwell 6C or 2C owners - are the internal threads of your Rockwell razor handle chrome-plated? For my recently received Rockwell 2C handle, out of the box, the chrome plating stops at the opening of the handle threads and the internal threads are not polished chrome-plated. Is this the same for yours?

For comparison, an Edwin Jagger D89 handle internal threads (at least for the visible first few rounds of threads) are chrome-plated all the way.

Thanks in advance.

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
Hello

Can I do a quick check with Rockwell 6C or 2C owners - are the internal threads of your Rockwell razor handle chrome-plated? For my recently received Rockwell 2C handle, out of the box, the chrome plating stops at the opening of the handle threads and the internal threads are not polished chrome-plated. Is this the same for yours?

For comparison, an Edwin Jagger D89 handle internal threads (at least for the visible first few rounds of threads) are chrome-plated all the way.

Thanks in advance.

Hi bigrooster!
My de89 handle looks chrome color half way down then brass color threads, and my Rockwell 6C looks chrome color all the way down. Neither have a "polished" look, just chrome color. Perhaps the chrome wears off eventually and reveals a threaded brass insert. Not sure, just speculating.

Hi bigrooster!
My de89 handle looks chrome color half way down then brass color threads, and my Rockwell 6C looks chrome color all the way down. Neither have a "polished" look, just chrome color. Perhaps the chrome wears off eventually and reveals a threaded brass insert. Not sure, just speculating.

Thank you for your reply Fred.

My 2C was brand new when the handle thread already appeared worn off out of the box.

Anyway, my 2C razor came with other flaws like chip and scratches on the cap. The replacement cap and a 2/4 plate that I ordered subsequently also came with flaws.

I am very disappointed.

Back to my trusty DE89 as a daily driver.

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
Thank you for your reply Fred.

My 2C was brand new when the handle thread already appeared worn off out of the box.

Anyway, my 2C razor came with other flaws like chip and scratches on the cap. The replacement cap and a 2/4 plate that I ordered subsequently also came with flaws.

I am very disappointed.

Back to my trusty DE89 as a daily driver.

That's a shame, sorry to hear that. Did you get it directly from Rockwell? Maybe shoot off an email to them explaining everything you've gone through. I think they are pretty good at resolving quality issues.

That's a shame, sorry to hear that. Did you get it directly from Rockwell? Maybe shoot off an email to them explaining everything you've gone through. I think they are pretty good at resolving quality issues.

Yes, I bought all from Rockwell Razors directly.

I also sent them emails with supporting pictures on my issues.

They said that there is "nothing unusual" in my handle thread which was worn out straight out of the box. The first flawed cap was replaced with a worse one (see my images links below). The 2/4 plate came with kinks and scratches, which if I use it, may hurt myself. I have yet to see the 2/4 plate replacement.

https://i.imgur.com/Twu2dbL.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/3AQqp3l.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/HW37owa.jpg

To me, Rockwell razors are very well designed. But their recent issues in manufacturing QA and QC are getting worse. I am sure there are many satisfied customers. Maybe I am the unlucky one - but unlucky thrice?!

Can someone measure the cap dimension please in mm?

Just want to know how much the tabs of the blade are exposed in this razor . Thanks!

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
Yes, I bought all from Rockwell Razors directly.

I also sent them emails with supporting pictures on my issues.

They said that there is "nothing unusual" in my handle thread which was worn out straight out of the box. The first flawed cap was replaced with a worse one (see my images links below). The 2/4 plate came with kinks and scratches, which if I use it, may hurt myself. I have yet to see the 2/4 plate replacement.

https://i.imgur.com/Twu2dbL.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/3AQqp3l.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/HW37owa.jpg

To me, Rockwell razors are very well designed. But their recent issues in manufacturing QA and QC are getting worse. I am sure there are many satisfied customers. Maybe I am the unlucky one - but unlucky thrice?!

Wow, I see what you're talking about. I would try being persistent in getting this resolved with them.

I understand your disappointment, frustration, and dissatisfaction. It shouldn't be this difficult to get your issues resolved.

Wow, I see what you're talking about. I would try being persistent in getting this resolved with them.

I understand your disappointment, frustration, and dissatisfaction. It shouldn't be this difficult to get your issues resolved.

My 2/4 plate replacement just came in. There are no obvious flaws this time.

So after 2 purchases and multiple emails to-and-fro, I now have a good 1/3 plate, a good 2/4 plate, one head/cap with a chip, and one handle with worn out threads which sometime has difficulty to screw in. I will stop here.

Can use it as a backup razor, or once in a blue moon rotation though.

Hi there,
proud to become a member of this club.
Using my 6s since august and still very happy about it. I change my setting from time to time, but to be honest, at the moment, i only use R6 as it shaves very close and efficient while being very gentle to my skin.

All my other razors are used, but not that often, maybe 1 or 2 days per week might be reserved to another shaving experience.

Rockwell rocks well :)

Top Bottom