What's new

Rockwell Razor Club

Which gives better shaves overall?

• Merkur Progress

• Rockwell 6s

Results are only viewable after voting.
I finally got my shipping notification for my gunmetal Model T. Has anyone received theirs yet?
Finally after almost 4 years :mad2: I received something from them so the waiting time will be coming to an end soon:mad5:.
I got my request to verify my shipping address just a couple of minutes ago and sent it off just before I received notification of your post.
So as I have said before I will believe when I see it.:yikes:

Finally after almost 4 years :mad2: I received something from them so the waiting time will be coming to an end soon:mad5:.
I got my request to verify my shipping address just a couple of minutes ago and sent it off just before I received notification of your post.
So as I have said before I will believe when I see it.:yikes:
Let's keep our fingers crossed.

I also have 2 Rockwell 6S. They are decent razors but if I would have known in advance of all the BS that was going to be involved with the Rockwell-T razors :cursing: I would never have backed them on Kickstarter :censored:

The Rockwell Model T kicked me out of the Sabbatical a couple of years (or more) ago when I ordered it.
I bought/ordered it after an argument my wife and I had about "dirty dangerous used razors".
About six months or so ago I gave up waiting, I put in a request for a refund and received the money back promptly.
I received my shipping notice yesterday as well so it seems the shipping and accounting departments aren't communicating well.
I'll be sending them a "nope, not me" message.
By now, I've got multiple FatBoys, Slims, Black Beauties, Techs, Injectors, a Rockwell 2C and this would be one more razor I don't use.
If I had had it in the initial time frame, I might have enjoyed it.

Having had a Progress a couple of years back, when they were still using the old molds, and finding it less smooth, but closer than my Slim or Rockwell, I sold it. Since that time, I acquired a gentle used Timeless 95 OC, and although the Rockwell is still a very smooth shaver, if you have the light touch down, the Timeless is actually smoother than either.

Out of the two, the Rockwell 6s is the smoother shaver, although keep in mind my Progress was before the updated molds, and had some blade alignment issues and the adjustment numbers never quite zeroed. The Rockwell is smooth regardless of blade, the Progress was more blade sensitive, and called for a smoother blade. (Personna Red, Shark Super Chrome, GSB, or the like - Astra SPs and Feathers were rough in mine).

I'm waiting for a Model T and I am so miffed at the promises and delays that I am getting very close to cancelling. I have a 6S and really like it (as well as a 6C) and I don't know if it is worth waiting for. I nearly ordered a Progress the other day.

Received my gunmetal Model-T last Saturday and with waiting almost 3 years, glad I stick out out. Been using daily since Sunday and BBS 2 pass shaved with no touchups , paired with super iridium. Perfect gunmetal mirror finish, nice weight to it, and set between 2.7-2.8 can speed shave 2 passes without fear of studying myself, similar to feather AS-D2 so yes, I think it was worth the wait and a steal at the $79 initial kickstarter price. Shipped in a nice box similar to Feather AS-D2 box, 100 blades and leather cover for the head. I also was in on the initial kickstarter for the 6C, and tried BIL 6S, found my 6C shave a tad better for whatever reason but sold that off as I rarely reached for it after getting the Timeless and having a handful of old Gillette's in the house: Toggles, Aristocrat's, Fatboy, Slims, Techs.

Can't lie. I got my gunmetal T finally. Nice looking product. But not for me. Too much blade exposure and a noisy blade even at mild settings. Feels less precise than my replated and adjusted Slim. Too much like a good workbench tool vs. nice scalpel. I'm just old and set in my ways. I'm sure that lots will be thrilled by it. But I'm glad I supported Rockwell in this and I'm glad to see adjustables coming back as adjustable TTOs have always been my favorites.

I love my 6S. I want the Model T but have a hard time dropping the dough for it. It will probably happen. I have 15 or so DEs and the 6S is the only one I use.

Got my 6S Black!
This thing is just gorgeous with its PVD coating.
I wish more things in this world came in matte black.

Now I have three 6S razors:
One black
One standard
One standard in travel kit.

20200424_102137~(1).jpg
20200424_102117~(1).jpg

Well I'm sure I should join the Rockwell Club.

I took delivery of my 6S 4 months ago, and despite buying other razors since then to try out different things (a Merkur 15C for OC and a Birth Year Slim Adjustable) the 6S is simply my favourite Razor. I have not had a single bad shave from it. I usually use plate 4 for the first two passes and then swap the plate over to plate 2 for the against the grain and touch ups. I've been up to Plate 5 and down to Plate 1 and have been saving plate 6 for a special occasion. It's worked well with every blade I've tried it with and I know I can rely on it everytime.

Like Wvbaldeagle above, I've been looking at purchasing the Model T which I think would be a great addition to my collection, as I only have lower priced modern TTOs, a Feather Popular and a WS Classic, and the only other "true" adjustable is the 1964 Slim Adjustable. However they are tricky to find in stock in the UK and being currently on benefits, thanks to the pandemic, I cannot justify spending that sort of money on a new razor, given I have 10 in the collection already.

However I am looking forward to the recovery, which will happen, and when it does I'll make sure my first treat is a Model T!

Good luck and stay safe everyone!

dkpwatson64_1580386662.jpg

6S has been my only razor for about a year now, other than a brief dalliance with straights. I just love it. I usually use plate 4 or 5.

The look suits my aesthetic preference, and the shaves are great. Weight, balance, and price are all perfect.

I've been through many DEs over the years, vintage and modern, and there are only a couple out there I would bother to try at this point, because I just don't see the shave being better than it is with this razor.

Picked up a 6C gunmetal to upgrade from my DE89. Love it‘s great, easy shaves. Normally use plate 4 with Astra Superior going to try some feathers in it next.

Top Bottom