What's new

Rex Ambassador US Tour pass around...

Razor Emporium is currently running a 30 percent off storewide Black Friday special (including restored vintage razors). Code: BLACKFRIDAY2019

Razor Emporium is currently running a 30 percent off storewide Black Friday special (including restored vintage razors). Code: BLACKFRIDAY2019

Just got home from the in-laws tonight and found out that the Rex has been delivered (along with a few Black Friday orders)! First shave will be tomorrow!

First shave with it, I turned to my trusty Astra Greens. Was very impressed by the heft and feel of this razor. It’s perfectly balanced in the hand, and feels like a premium tool. Did three passes (WTG on 4, XTG on 2, and ATG on 1). Was pleasantly surprised by the audible feedback even on the lower settings. The shave was very comfortable with no irritation. I may play with the settings to test how it feels when it’s opened up a bit. Impressed so far. My only criticism (very minor) is I like a bit of feedback when changing settings. Feeling a razor “click in” to a setting makes you feel like it’s not going to open up on you accidentally (doubt this is an issue).

Second shave was great. Opened it up a bit. First pass was WTG on the 5 setting. There was a good amount of blade gap on this setting. First pass was enough for my cheeks, lips, and chin area. Lathered up my neck for a touch up. Used setting 3 and did ATG. Two passes was enough for a DFS. No irritation. This razor is very efficient when opened up. I like that on mornings when I don't have a lot of time, I can dial it up and get a great shave. I think for daily use, I prefer the settings from yesterday. I may try setting 3 tomorrow for WTG since I have less growth than my first shave. Great razor!

It’s been great, but I feel my RAD acting up again... Just bought a Fatboy to scratch the itch...
I doubt it will help
While I prefer Slim over Fatboy cause of weight I pulled the trigger as soon as I found out that Razor Emporium has 30% off on Black Friday. It expected to arrive Thursday

I doubt it will help
While I prefer Slim over Fatboy cause of weight I pulled the trigger as soon as I found out that Razor Emporium has 30% off on Black Friday. It expected to arrive Thursday

Have a Slim and Black Beauty and love both. Wanted to add a Fatboy and saw a decently priced one on ShaveHQ over the holidays... The Rex is pretty amazing by comparison. Very comfortable, but efficient shaves, on low-medium settings. It's been a pleasure so far.

Have a Slim and Black Beauty and love both. Wanted to add a Fatboy and saw a decently priced one on ShaveHQ over the holidays... The Rex is pretty amazing by comparison. Very comfortable, but efficient shaves, on low-medium settings. It's been a pleasure so far.
I have Black Beauty 109 as well but like Slim more. For me Rex on 2-2.5 is as good as Timeless Ti68 which is my favorite razor

I have Black Beauty 109 as well but like Slim more. For me Rex on 2-2.5 is as good as Timeless Ti68 which is my favorite razor

I’ll try that tomorrow. Used it on the 3 setting last night and it felt pretty nice. Unfortunately, could only do one pass because I also shaved yesterday morning and didn’t want to risk irritation (had an early morning meeting today forcing me to shave twice in a day). Took tonight off to let my face rest.

I’ll try that tomorrow. Used it on the 3 setting last night and it felt pretty nice. Unfortunately, could only do one pass because I also shaved yesterday morning and didn’t want to risk irritation (had an early morning meeting today forcing me to shave twice in a day). Took tonight off to let my face rest.
I only can shave once in 30-36 hours because of sensitive skin and slowly growing facial hair. I did try setting 3 but didn't see any improvement over 2-2.5 only razorburn like face feel at the end of the shave and some time after but I will do try it again with different blades when I get my Rex

Just got my Rex from Razor Emporium, arrived one day earlier, so I will start using tomorrow before going to work trying different blades and maybe setting

Just got my Rex from Razor Emporium, arrived one day earlier, so I will start using tomorrow before going to work trying different blades and maybe setting

I’m curious to hear how it goes for you. I wanted so badly to like the Rex Ambassador, but just couldn’t get irritation-free shaves out of it, no matter how low the setting. It’s the only razor that’s ever given me razor burn. And I don’t even have sensitive skin. Very puzzling and frustrating, but I had no choice except to sell it on. I hope your experience is much better.

I’m curious to hear how it goes for you. I wanted so badly to like the Rex Ambassador, but just couldn’t get irritation-free shaves out of it, no matter how low the setting. It’s the only razor that’s ever given me razor burn. And I don’t even have sensitive skin. Very puzzling and frustrating, but I had no choice except to sell it on. I hope your experience is much better.
I had 4 great shaves and 1 good shave during my trial period so I know too well that it works for me just need to find right combination of blade and setting. GSB, Astra SS, PolSilver SI work for me.
But today I tried Nacet, which was used a few times a while back , but, as expected, it didn't work well causing some razorburn. So I need to find all my 5 packs so I can trade them for GSB and Gillette Platinum

I had 4 great shaves and 1 good shave during my trial period so I know too well that it works for me just need to find right combination of blade and setting. GSB, Astra SS, PolSilver SI work for me.
But today I tried Nacet, which was used a few times a while back , but, as expected, it didn't work well causing some razorburn. So I need to find all my 5 packs so I can trade them for GSB and Gillette Platinum

10-4. Good to hear. Thanks.

Tried it on 2.5 last night and definitely agree that this is a nice sweet spot for a mild but efficient shave. Dialed it down to 2 then 1.5 on subsequent passes. Face felt great and was very smooth. Thanks for the tip!

Top Bottom