What's new

GIVEAWAY! Participation PIF - A Tale Of Two Bridges

Blade: London Bridge (UK)
Razor: SCS, Model A
Mug: Green Rubber Marvy
Soap: Vintage Williams (AKA "Old Willie")
Brush: LJS Badger
Post-shave: Thayers Toner WH, Nivea Men Sensitive PSB

Almost a BBS, even with this mild a razor.
Today's result was a smooth, drama free shave; DFS+ with little effort.

Razor- RazoRock Old Type
Blade- Light Brigade blade 2 shave 5
Soap- Smooth Suds
Brush- SF 20mm 2 band badger
Aftershave- Gillette cool wave
Another BBS without irritation.
Well that's it for me gentleman, hope to see everyone at the next one.
Thanks to @Grundi and @AnimalCatcher for a great pif! The orange London Bridge is a good blade, the vintage London bridge and the light brigade are wicked good blades!

Razor- RazoRock Old Type
Blade- Light Brigade blade 2 shave 5
Soap- Smooth Suds
Brush- SF 20mm 2 band badger
Aftershave- Gillette cool wave
Another BBS without irritation.
Well that's it for me gentleman, hope to see everyone at the next one.
Thanks to @Grundi and @AnimalCatcher for a great pif! The orange London Bridge is a good blade, the vintage London bridge and the light brigade are wicked good blades!
You are very welcome, my friend, and I'm glad you had a good time with the PIF. Stay tuned for more razor blade soirees of interest coming up in the future. :popc:

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member

IMG_1393.jpeg

Participation PIF: A Tale Of Two Bridges.​

Week eight, the final week for me in this Participation PIF. Last blade for me is the Vintage English London Bridge Super Stainless blade. I was hoping for a great start to this week and I thought I was on a winner until my final ATG pass. My first two passes were pretty good, I then did my final pass ATG and carnage ensued. Several weepers, red spots and a whole heap of sting when I applied my Alum Block. Also as I shave before I shower and I could still feel stubble on my face when washing my face in the shower. Very disappointing start to my final week of this Tale Of Two Bridges.

English-made London Bridge #2, shave #3

Razor: Henson AL13+
Blade: English-made London Bridge (3)
Soap: Frankensoap (1/3 each of Arko, VDH Luxury, and Dove Men Care 3 in 1 Extra Fresh)
Brush: No-name badger off of Amazon
Aftershave: Old Spice followed by Nivea Sensitive balm

Another excellent shave today. This was on 3.5 days of growth, too. I usually shave every other day, but I work with college students and we had a weekend retreat from Friday through Sunday. Then I took Monday off so I didn't get around to shaving until after lunch on Monday. And still this blade plowed through 3.5 days of growth without issue at all. I was not this impressed on the first round with this blade, but I am now. Very nice!

Blade: Light Brigade (UK)
Razor: Blackbird
Mug: Captain's Choice Heavyweight Copper
Soap: Vintage Williams (AKA "Old Willie")
Brush: Mixed Boar/Badger
Post-shave: Thayers Toner WH, Stirling Barbershop PSB

I wish all my shaves could be this nice.
Today's result was a smooth, drama free shave.
BBS with no effort, just a fair amount of blade feel.

Orange blade #1
1.65 Ti WR2
B&M Melange
Tossed the white blade after third terrible shave and went back to this one for a second go round. Great first shave zero irritation or red spots. The first blade gave me 18 shaves before I tossed it. I’ll see how this one performs.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member

IMG_1412.jpeg

Week eight and the final week for me in this Blade Participation PIF. I was hoping for a better day today but alas, I had pretty much the same results as yesterday. The first two passes were acceptable but the final ATG pass was horrendous. The blade seemed to drag worse than yesterday and I had a weeper that was still weeping after a had my shower. I still am aiming for my usual seven shaves per blade but this blade might not go the distance.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I am on the road this week. And due to the nature of traveling with razors and razor blades, I did not want to waste a blade from this Challenge PIF. So I took a London Bridge (English vintage). When I travel, I tend to not reuse a blade after it has ridden inside a razor inside my luggage. So this blade will go in the bin after I get home, and i will not be able to judge longevity. But these two shaves have been very good. Nice and sharp, while remaining smooth. I do love this blade. As I mentioned in my last post, I am finding that it does differ in some ways from the Light Brigade. But the British London Bridge is a great blade in its own right.

These two shaves are from this week while on the road. Single Ring OLD (top). Non-HD Rocket (bottom).

2024-04-29 05.11.50.jpg

2024-04-27 06.30.34.jpg

Blade: London Bridge (CH)
Razor: Fatboy on 6
Soap: Haslinger Ringelblumen
Brush: Semogue 830

My puck of Old Willy ran out so it's back to the Haslinger; the 830 lathered it easily.
The LBCH seemed to b a great match for the FB.

Today's result was a smooth, drama free shave.
DFS with no real effort.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member

IMG_1431.jpeg

Week eight and shave number three on my third dig with the Vintage London Bridge Super Stainless blade. The only difference from the last two shaves is that I shed no blood. I still had a couple of red marks on my face and plenty of sting when I applied my Alum Block. The blade still felt tuggy on the third pass which is ATG. Four shaves to go in this Participation PIF and I really hope that they improve.

English-made London Bridge #2, shave #4

Razor: Henson AL13+
Blade: English-made London Bridge (4)
Cream: Palmolive Classic
Brush: No-name badger off of Amazon
Aftershave: Aqua Velva followed by Nivea Sensitive balm

A good shave today, but this will be the last for this blade. It felt like it began to fall off during the shave. Again, very much enjoyed this and even moreso than the first round of this blade. As of now,

Wilkinsword > English-made London Bridge > Chinese-made London Bridge

Blade: London Bridge (UK)
Razor: SCS, Model A
Soap: Haslinger Ringelblumen
Brush: Yaqi 24 badger

Same old, same old. Another nice shave from the LBUK.
Today's result was a smooth, drama free shave - a solid DFS with no real effort.

Orange wrapper #2
1.65 Ti WR2
B&M Melange
Another great shave from this blade and in keeping with the first trial blade. I’d be hard pressed not to be happy using these on repeat depending on how easy they are to get and cost. Thanks as always to the fine men (@Grundi and @AnimalCatcher ) who brought us these. These have been a treat.

Orange wrapper #2
1.65 Ti WR2
B&M Melange
Another great shave from this blade and in keeping with the first trial blade. I’d be hard pressed not to be happy using these on repeat depending on how easy they are to get and cost. Thanks as always to the fine men (@Grundi and @AnimalCatcher ) who brought us these. These have been a treat.
You are very welcome, and I'm glad that you had a good time trying these blades out. :thumbup:

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member

IMG_1449.jpeg

Week eight and shave number four on my third dig with the Vintage English London Bridge Super Stainless blade. This morning’s shave was the best shave so far this week. I had no blood, weepers etc, I did have a little redness and some sting when I applied my Alum Block. However when I was washing my face in the shower after my shave I could not feel as much stubble as I have felt with my three previous shaves this week. Things maybe looking up for my final three shaves of this Participation PIF.

Top Bottom