What's new

GIVEAWAY! Participation PIF - A Tale Of Two Bridges

Participation PIF - A Tale Of Two Bridges

Morning is just breaking in two cities on separate ends of two continents. The fog is just beginning to lift. Off in the distance, raising from the morning mist it's London Bridge...BUT...is it England's vintage London Bridge or is it China's newer London Bridge? As you wipe the sleep from your eyes, you realize that it's BOTH!! A tinge of thrill courses thru your razor!! Which one to try first?!? Which is better?!?

LondonBridges_1_Of_2.jpg

A Great Big Thank You to @AnimalCatcher, who bravely crossed the time continuum, to bring us 110 vintage Made-In-England, sealed in authentic cellophane plastic, London Bridge Super Stainless Blades, along with 100 Made-In-China-By-Gillette-Shanghai London Bridge Super Stainless Blades to pit old-against-new in your choice of Bridges To Cross!! As your brain begins clear, you realize what great fortune has befallen you, yet you cannot decide. You call for help!! Cutting through the morning dew, a thunderous chorus of hooves come to your rescue, as @AnimalCatcher has also included Wilkinson "The Sword" Light Brigade Chromium Blades!!

Participants can choose 2 or 3 each of the London Bridge Super Stainless Blades and, 1 or 2 of the Wilkinson "The Sword" Chromium Blades.

LondonBridges_2_Of_2.jpg

These Blades have been the subject of an excellent discussion thread found here => Gillette London Bridge Blades Thread

This Participation PIF is open to any and all (International and CONUS B&B'ers)!!

There are certain rules that apply:
  • You must have 10 quality posts (if you don't have 10, get posting!!)
  • You're willing to post about your experiences in this thread
  • Have great fun trying these amazing London Bridge and Wilkinson Blades

How to sign up for this Participation PIF?
  • Post "I'm In!!" or "Why am I shaving in the morning fog?!?" or "Light Brigade, Save Me!!"
  • Don't wait, immediately after posting your intent to participate, please send a PM to me with:
  • . Your Name
  • . Complete Mailing Address (I'm in the US, so if you're international, please include your Country with your mailing address)
  • . And how many of each blade you would like.

The PIF Phase will begin NOW and run until I run out of blades or requests stop coming in or I wander off and get involved in something else.

The Participation Phase begins whenever you receive your lot of London Bridge and Wilkinson Blades!! Please remember to post that you've received the Blades (either in this thread or as a PM to me).

Just a FYI, gents. Wilkinson Sword 'Light Brigades' are considered by many blade aficionados to be the finest double edge razor blades ever made. They certainly are 'my' top blade, even beating out another favorite of mine, the legendary Personna 74s. :a23:

Rumor has it, the UK made London Bridge blades in this PIF are actually Light Brigades. I'm not going to render an opinion on the matter.... I'll leave that up to you good people to decide whether or not this longstanding rumor has any validity.

I hope you gentlemen have a blast! I'm going to kick back and watch the fun!:popc:

Top Bottom