What's new

Rex Ambassador US Tour pass around...

1/04/20

Just wanted to inform those that have been following this thread that the final five on the list will be the final pass around participants. As you can see the thread has been relegated to the Clubs&Brotherhoods grouping. Why? I have no idea and honestly don’t care to ask Mods/Administrators for an explanation on why the thread was moved. Pass arounds are intended for members to get an idea and perhaps participate to get a better feel for a particular razor that could potentially fit their needs and be a worthwhile investment. Also, it provides a way for those that can’t acquire a razor for whatever reason to experience a razor that is considered by many a ”Luxury Razor” Or, just simply to satisfy one’s own curiosity. Being in this category limits the exposure for the general shave members to visit and explore the thread searching for reviews, experiences and just good general information by those that have participated sharing their experiences and thoughts on the Rex Ambassador. I think it’s proven to be an invaluable source of information and data for many to search and ultimately depend on for advise, tips or just to have a good read on a really nice razor.

My apologies to those that have been considering joining the pass around to experience the Rex Ambassador but, my belief is that being relegated to this category severely limits the threads exposure in allowing it to serve the wet shave community on this forum as it was intended. Promote comradery and provide a healthy thread for razor discussion to all, participants or not. That was always the thought and intent. Nothing more, nothing less.....

Rex Ambassador US Tour List:

Group One:
1. @ShavePastor (completed) *Note
2. @Dave in KY (completed)
3. @Graydog (completed)
4. @NJDJ (completed)
5. @ED3054 (completed)
6. @JTshaves (completed)
7. @Sharp_Obsession (completed)
8. @Keto (completed)

These are the first 8 gents to sign on. A pm or a post here will get you on gents...

Here is the formation of the second group. Like I stated in a few posts before this one, the tour will be broken into 8 week sections so that I can reel in the Rex and go over it if it needs a deep cleaning/tuning etc.

Group Two:
1. @Rory1262 (completed)
2. @Grundi (completed)
3. @dezmil (completed)
4. @Clay S (completed)
5. @simon_zzz (completed)
6. @Feynmansbongos (completed)
7. @emwolf (completed)
8. @Odenihy (completed)

3 groups are complete so that puts the tour at about a 32-36 week run plus/minus a week for the haul in.

I already have a reserve list started and if any participants in the first 2 groups need to switch out or drop out of the tour, everyone moves up including those in the reserve list.

Another group is all set and ready to go. Any changes because of work, vacation or just life happens, please pm me so that we can adjust accordingly.

Group three:
1. @dfoulk (completed)
2. @Clark Finestead (completed)
3. @bobmsp (completed)
4. @dmshaver (completed)
5. @DCRIII (completed)
6. @mozartman (completed)
7. @Ray Settanta (completed)
8. @cyberdog (completed)

Group four:
1. @CzechCzar (????-????)
2. @Cut Throat (completed) *Note
3. @herbert7890 (completed)
4. @JWK1 (completed)
5. @amateriat (completed)
6. @valthun (completed)
7. @ram57 (completed)
8. @Chef Glenn (completed)

Reserve List:
1. @SolidSnake03 (completed testing)
2. @DCP (dropped out per request)
3. @cgr86 (dropped out per request)
4. @Parallax (completed)
5. @Badger in the Sun (completed)
6. @‘Bout Time (completed)
7. @BBS-1 (completed)
8. @MC Shaving (completed)
9. @vadim (completed)
10. @jldallas (??????)
11. @johnwick (completed)
12. @Olegausany (completed)
13. @ryinzana (completed)
14. @pdieten (completed)
15. @Zen Shaver (completed)
16. @Schinny (in hand testing)
17. @Chaddy187 (on deck)
18. @Calm_Shaver (in the hole)
19. @P@tsfan6484
20. @gwsmallwood
21. @CarlosAT

*Purchased a Rex.

I will leave the list intact as it were and we’ll just go by ear. Whomever is up next contact will be made and if there is no reply, we’ll move on to the next name on the list and so forth until we get someone to participate. We’ll see how it goes....

Get your shave on people....... :shaving:

Graydog

Biblical Innards
1/04/20

Just wanted to inform those that have been following this thread that the final five on the list will be the final pass around participants. As you can see the thread has been relegated to the Clubs&Brotherhoods grouping. Why? I have no idea and honestly don’t care to ask Mods/Administrators for an explanation on why the thread was moved. Pass arounds are intended for members to get an idea and perhaps participate to get a better feel for a particular razor that could potentially fit their needs and be a worthwhile investment. Also, it provides a way for those that can’t acquire a razor for whatever reason to experience a razor that is considered by many a ”Luxury Razor” Or, just simply to satisfy one’s own curiosity. Being in this category limits the exposure for the general shave members to visit and explore the thread searching for reviews, experiences and just good general information by those that have participated sharing their experiences and thoughts on the Rex Ambassador. I think it’s proven to be an invaluable source of information and data for many to search and ultimately depend on for advise, tips or just to have a good read on a really nice razor.

My apologies to those that have been considering joining the pass around to experience the Rex Ambassador but, my belief is that being relegated to this category severely limits the threads exposure in allowing it to serve the wet shave community on this forum as it was intended. Promote comradery and provide a healthy thread for razor discussion to all, participants or not. That was always the thought and intent. Nothing more, nothing less.....

Group One:
3. @Graydog (completed)
4. @NJDJ (completed)
5. @ED3054 (completed)
6. @JTshaves (completed)
8. @Keto (completed)

These are the first 8 gents to sign on. A pm or a post here will get you on gents...

Here is the formation of the second group. Like I stated in a few posts before this one, the tour will be broken into 8 week sections so that I can reel in the Rex and go over it if it needs a deep cleaning/tuning etc.

Group Two:
1. @Rory1262 (completed)
2. @Grundi (completed)
3. @dezmil (completed)
4. @Clay S (completed)
7. @emwolf (completed)
8. @Odenihy (completed)

3 groups are complete so that puts the tour at about a 32-36 week run plus/minus a week for the haul in.

I already have a reserve list started and if any participants in the first 2 groups need to switch out or drop out of the tour, everyone moves up including those in the reserve list.

Another group is all set and ready to go. Any changes because of work, vacation or just life happens, please pm me so that we can adjust accordingly.

Group three:
1. @dfoulk (completed)
3. @bobmsp (completed)
4. @dmshaver (completed)
5. @DCRIII (completed)
8. @cyberdog (completed)

Group four:
4. @JWK1 (completed)
6. @valthun (completed)
7. @ram57 (completed)

Reserve List:
4. @Parallax (completed)
7. @BBS-1 (completed)
9. @vadim (completed)
10. @jldallas (??????)
14. @pdieten (completed)
16. @Schinny (in hand testing)
17. @Chaddy187 (on deck)
18. @Calm_Shaver (in the hole)
19. @P@tsfan6484
20. @gwsmallwood
21. @CarlosAT

*Purchased a Rex.

I will leave the list intact as it were and we’ll just go by ear. Whomever is up next contact will be made and if there is no reply, we’ll move on to the next name on the list and so forth until we get someone to participate. We’ll see how it goes....

Thank you Gus again for the opportunity to try this Razor and for your generosity to send your own razor out for such along time for others to have the experience .
I am honored to call you a Friend.

My Rex Experience

I have had the Rex for about 10 days now. I am a face/head shaver and shave every 48hrs. My current razors include the Rockwell 6C and Mergress. I really enjoy the Rockwell razor. The weight is perfect for me and always gives me a great shave. However, for me, the Rockwell just isn't a true adjustable razor. I always shave with plate 4. It is just too inconvenient to change the plates mid shave. The Mergress, on the other hand, is a true adjustable in my eyes. The razor weighs less than the Rockwell and also has 3 major problems in my book: 1) the handle has no knurling and I find it gets slippery mid shave 2) the cap doesn't cover the entire blade ends and I have cut my nose and ears a couple of times when shaving in a hurry and 3) the fact that you have to put the cap on a certain way by matching the marks on the cap and razor is a bit of a hassle. If these aren't lined up then the razor is no longer adjustable.

The Rex is a beautiful razor. The weight is perfect for me. The knurling on the handle and the full razor coverage by the cap, and not having to worry if the cap aligns correctly when putting it on truly set it apart from the Mergress. My usual set up is a Voskhod blade, Wolf Whiskers synthetic brush, Grooming Dept preshave, and my favorite soaps are Declaration Grooming or MdC Fougere. This set up was consistent for my 5 shaves with the Rex.

Shave 1: setting was 3. Very nice 3 pass face shave and 2 pass head shave. Essentially no blade feel for me on this setting, yet I received a very nice shave.

Shave 2: setting was 4. Started to have some blade feel. Was nervous using setting 4 on my head so dropped back down to 3.

Shave 3: setting 4.5. This was on the upper edge of comfort for me. I had several days of growth for this shave and the razor mowed down the whiskers with now problem.

Shave 4: 4.5 first pass, 3.5 second pass, 3 third pass for the face. Perfect shave. Used setting 3 for the head.

Shave 5: 4 first pass, 3.5 second pass, 3 third pass for face. Setting 3 for the head. Again had a perfect shave. This razor really performs well on my head. I received no nicks during these 5 shaves. I think the weight really helps on my head.

Overall Impressions:
I like this razor. I can see this becoming my daily driver. I will definitely keep my eyes open on the BST for a discounted Rex to pick up in the near future.

I am waiting to hear back from the next on the list with a mailing address. I will try to package the Rex up and get it in the mail this weekend.

Thanks for the opportunity to experience this razor. I was nervous to purchase this razor sight unseen.

My Rex Experience

I have had the Rex for about 10 days now. I am a face/head shaver and shave every 48hrs. My current razors include the Rockwell 6C and Mergress. I really enjoy the Rockwell razor. The weight is perfect for me and always gives me a great shave. However, for me, the Rockwell just isn't a true adjustable razor. I always shave with plate 4. It is just too inconvenient to change the plates mid shave. The Mergress, on the other hand, is a true adjustable in my eyes. The razor weighs less than the Rockwell and also has 3 major problems in my book: 1) the handle has no knurling and I find it gets slippery mid shave 2) the cap doesn't cover the entire blade ends and I have cut my nose and ears a couple of times when shaving in a hurry and 3) the fact that you have to put the cap on a certain way by matching the marks on the cap and razor is a bit of a hassle. If these aren't lined up then the razor is no longer adjustable.

The Rex is a beautiful razor. The weight is perfect for me. The knurling on the handle and the full razor coverage by the cap, and not having to worry if the cap aligns correctly when putting it on truly set it apart from the Mergress. My usual set up is a Voskhod blade, Wolf Whiskers synthetic brush, Grooming Dept preshave, and my favorite soaps are Declaration Grooming or MdC Fougere. This set up was consistent for my 5 shaves with the Rex.

Shave 1: setting was 3. Very nice 3 pass face shave and 2 pass head shave. Essentially no blade feel for me on this setting, yet I received a very nice shave.

Shave 2: setting was 4. Started to have some blade feel. Was nervous using setting 4 on my head so dropped back down to 3.

Shave 3: setting 4.5. This was on the upper edge of comfort for me. I had several days of growth for this shave and the razor mowed down the whiskers with now problem.

Shave 4: 4.5 first pass, 3.5 second pass, 3 third pass for the face. Perfect shave. Used setting 3 for the head.

Shave 5: 4 first pass, 3.5 second pass, 3 third pass for face. Setting 3 for the head. Again had a perfect shave. This razor really performs well on my head. I received no nicks during these 5 shaves. I think the weight really helps on my head.

Overall Impressions:
I like this razor. I can see this becoming my daily driver. I will definitely keep my eyes open on the BST for a discounted Rex to pick up in the near future.

I am waiting to hear back from the next on the list with a mailing address. I will try to package the Rex up and get it in the mail this weekend.

Thanks for the opportunity to experience this razor. I was nervous to purchase this razor sight unseen.

Well done... :thumbup1:
Has the next participant contacted you with mailing info?

I have not received any contact info as of yet. I tried to reach out 3-4 days ago. Should I move to the next person in line?

I have not received any contact info as of yet. I tried to reach out 3-4 days ago. Should I move to the next person in line?

Yes, please do. I'll add him somewhere to the list if he happens to reply.

I've sent a pm to @Chaddy187 to contact me personally if he's still interested in participating.

1/19/2020

Group One:
3. @Graydog (completed)
4. @NJDJ (completed)
5. @ED3054 (completed)
6. @JTshaves (completed)
8. @Keto (completed)

Group Two:
1. @Rory1262 (completed)
2. @Grundi (completed)
3. @dezmil (completed)
4. @Clay S (completed)
7. @emwolf (completed)
8. @Odenihy (completed)

Group three:
1. @dfoulk (completed)
3. @bobmsp (completed)
4. @dmshaver (completed)
5. @DCRIII (completed)
8. @cyberdog (completed)

Group four:
4. @JWK1 (completed)
6. @valthun (completed)
7. @ram57 (completed)

Reserve List:
4. @Parallax (completed)
7. @BBS-1 (completed)
9. @vadim (completed)
10. @jldallas (??????)
14. @pdieten (completed)
16. @Schinny (completed)
17. @Calm_Shaver (en-route too)
18. @P@tsfan6484 (on deck)
19. @gwsmallwood (in the hole)
20. @CarlosAT

*Purchased a Rex.

1/30/20

Group One:
3. @Graydog (completed)
4. @NJDJ (completed)
5. @ED3054 (completed)
6. @JTshaves (completed)
8. @Keto (completed)

Group Two:
1. @Rory1262 (completed)
2. @Grundi (completed)
3. @dezmil (completed)
4. @Clay S (completed)
7. @emwolf (completed)
8. @Odenihy (completed)

Group three:
1. @dfoulk (completed)
3. @bobmsp (completed)
4. @dmshaver (completed)
5. @DCRIII (completed)
8. @cyberdog (completed)

Group four:
4. @JWK1 (completed)
6. @valthun (completed)
7. @ram57 (completed)

Reserve List:
4. @Parallax (completed)
7. @BBS-1 (completed)
9. @vadim (completed)
10. @jldallas (??????)
14. @pdieten (completed)
16. @Schinny (completed)
17. @Calm_Shaver (completed)
18. @P@tsfan6484 (en route too)
19. @gwsmallwood (on deck)
20. @CarlosAT (in the hole)

*Purchased a Rex.

Top Bottom