What's new

Regular Razorock Mamba VS Mamba 70

The Mamba 70 is the razor I learned to shave with. Now I can get BBS in 3 passes or less, no nicks or burn. RazoRock just put out seconds of the original Mamba, but right now my thinking is, why try a new razor if I'm already happy with my current set up?

I just received my Mamba 70 and indeed this is right between the Game Changer and the original Mamba. Very comfortable shave but no weepers or cuts. I like the titanium handle also very much. Not too light and not too heavy. Perfect!

I just shim my Mamba with two shims and it's perfect for me. I wonder how it compares shimmed to the Mamba 70? Best razor I own! I'd like to buy a Game Changer 68 when/if available again. If too mild, I'll shim.

For me, the Mamba 70 is definitely in between the milder GC and the more aggressive GC.

The first Mamba (not 70) is the mildest of all among these razors.

I just received the mamba 70 today. Threw a derby in it and i was surprised with how smooth the razor is. All i have to say is WOW. Im glad i made this purchase

Yes, same here. Last 2 times (GC and OG Mamba) I was a bit disappointed. This razor is perfect for me and I really love it. The ti handle is also much better than expected!

So I finally got mine in and had a go with it using a Gillette Silver blue. The handle is way too large for my liking as I usually prefer razors in the 3-3.25 inch handle height. I also need to adjust as the blade angle will take some getting used to because I had a nice nick going ATG on it while not having correct blade angle. I will say though , mighty efficient and smooth in the first two passes. I could have been completely content in two passes but I figured why not open this puppy up by opening up the doors for a nick.

Last edited:
So, I hadn’t really connected with my 70, since I’ve been using more aggressive razors recently. However, I’ve started falling in love with my 70 over the last week or so. I think my face changes when the weather warms up, and I prefer a milder razor. I’m using a Gillette blue platinum. The titanium handle truly is the perfect weight, even if it’s kind of long.

I have to say, the razor is really growing on me. I’m going to try a game changer if I can ever get my hands on one , but I may be completely OK with the Mamba 70 and clearing out my den. I’m going to definitely get a different handle on it though I think.

Now that I have a few shaves under my belt, this razor has REALLY grown on me. A damn good razor at an amazing value. I’m glad I picked one up and I suggest others do the same. The titanium handle has grown on me as well.

And the more I shave with both the 70 and 53, the more I like the 53. It is even smoother than the 70 even if it is just a tad less efficient.

Top Bottom