What's new

Lupo 127 and Mamba 92

Iridian

Cool and slimy
Yes, you read that right. After the Game Changer 1.05 come the pimped Lupo and Mamba. SB versions only so far.

How to describe my reaction, a mix of interesting but uninspiring. For the Mamba I am more in doubt than for the Lupo, I doubt more gap gives this design/geometry more efficiency than simply using another razor that is more aggressive and efficient.

For the Lupo, at 1.05 the Yaqi Clone already has quite a lot unsupported blade sticking out. Would be interesting to compare that, but I already have the 1.05 Yaqi and the Lupo .95 OC, so... well, maybe when the baseplate made it to the Rasoigoodfellas in Europe.

I just got a lupo .72 and I absolutely love it coming from the GC .84.. It's oddly a tad more efficient, but feels easier to use ATG due to blade gap being more narrow. YMMV.

1.27 seems a tad extreme (considering the above findings with a .72 Lupo), but it's great to have options.

I could see a .65 Lupo being amazing for people that like both the .58 and .72 for different reasons.

Last edited:
1.27 If it has a positive exposure it means more aggression
lupo 1.27.png

Iridian

Cool and slimy
I just got a lupo .72 and I absolutely love it coming from the GC .84.. It's oddly a tad more efficient, but feels easier to use ATG due to blade gap being more narrow. YMMV.
I think at a certain point just increasing the gap offers extremely diminishing returns. Ever less efficiency for the tradeoff of aggression and injury risk going through the roof. In general I rather take the monstrously aggressive razors, but I think this might be the point where it becomes rather defeating than further improving the design.

1.27 seems a tad extreme (considering the above findings with a .72 Lupo), but it's great to have options.

I could see a .65 Lupo being amazing for people that like both the .58 and .72 for different reasons.
Both the Lupo .72 and .84 GameChanger are OUTSTANDING razors. Smooth and efficient while providing excellent performance on the sideburns and mustache areas with the thinner head. 👍🏻😊💈

I think at a certain point just increasing the gap offers extremely diminishing returns. Ever less efficiency for the tradeoff of aggression and injury risk going through the roof. In general I rather take the monstrously aggressive razors, but I think this might be the point where it becomes rather defeating than further improving the design.

Yeah. The Lupo .95 was pretty solid "end point" considering that the Lupo razors generally offer a higher level of efficiency to start with.

IE: .58 Lupo being more efficient than GC.68.. and so forth.

I have the Lupo .58 and it's my favorite modern razor. Most of my collection is vintage though. It seems like a lot of the modern ones are either extremely mild and don't give me a close shave or really aggressive causing nicks/irritation.

Yep, blade gaps help to a point with efficiency. But really it is the synchronicity of the key factors. Blade exposure, angle, clamping & gap. To then, how does it shave for the user. It seems now that some of marketing is focused on gap. Not enough info for me. They me why. They are doing the research, little more sharing helps us power shavers (hobbyist?) to make a good decision. If this is good for our needs.
Gap, Gap, Gap...
Cheers
BFX
Chime in if I missed something. It is early and I need more coffee...with extra Gap in in my coffee...

Top Bottom